Imperial Decree from the New Pacific Order

16 minutes ago, Van Hoo III said:

As someone who has been "No One of Consequence" multiple times over the years, I can tell you that it doesn't work that way. :P

Good luck, folks!

Oh, damn.  Well, then, I'll just shut up and restrict myself to hails, comments about "yeah casualties"  and giving my best wishes to all those involved,   That is what we as a community encourage by our actions so clearly it is what the majority desire.  

-------------------------------------

Best wishes to all those involved.  Hail NPO!  Hail Invicta!  Go get those casualties boys and girls. :D

Edited by White Chocolate

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, Auctor said:

You seem mad.

Mad? Hardly. But it does get tiring being right so much of the time, or seeing otherwise intelligent people commit the same blunders again and again and again.

'Jaded and bitter' is a much better fit.

11 hours ago, Branimir said:

NPO and Invicta already fought direct wars against each other.

Get over it.

I don't know the specifics about your previous scuffles. There may have been excellent reasons for fighting Invicta (although knowing NPO, I doubt it.) But due to your common history, I think you could do them the courtesy of not attacking them for no reason, given that they stood by you when the entire planet wanted your blood. Then again at the time I predicted NPO would turn on Invicta (and TPF) eventually and thought their devotion was stupid. Why would anyone die for the NPO, given the way they have treated their allies throughout history?

OOC: I'm not going to congratulate you IC, but I thought your comeback to Azaghul was pretty good. :P

32 minutes ago, Wayfarer said:

I don't know the specifics about your previous scuffles. There may have been excellent reasons for fighting Invicta (although knowing NPO, I doubt it.) But due to your common history, I think you could do them the courtesy of not attacking them for no reason, given that they stood by you when the entire planet wanted your blood. Then again at the time I predicted NPO would turn on Invicta (and TPF) eventually and thought their devotion was stupid. Why would anyone die for the NPO, given the way they have treated their allies throughout history?

OOC: I'm not going to congratulate you IC, but I thought your comeback to Azaghul was pretty good. :P

why do people forget the War after EQ .. lets see .. the one where NG NSO and who was ... oh NPO got dog piled  and what was one of the AA's that hit them ? ... oh ya it was......

7 minutes ago, brucemania said:

why do people forget the War after EQ .. lets see .. the one where NG NSO and who was ... oh NPO got dog piled  and what was one of the AA's that hit them ? ... oh ya it was......

Why do NPO have a habit of forgetting that little thing in 2009..... where the only alliance that didn't cancel on NPO was Invicta....what was it... oh, that's right, the so-called "Armageddon" war. I'm not saying alliances can't move on politically. If Invicta was spying or something then go right ahead. I'm just saying that attacking your most loyal allies for no reason is a dick move. I hope NPO's current allies take note.

1 minute ago, Wayfarer said:

Why do NPO have a habit of forgetting that little thing in 2009..... where the only alliance that didn't cancel on NPO was Invicta....what was it... oh, that's right, the so-called "Armageddon" war. I'm not saying alliances can't move on politically. If Invicta was spying or something then go right ahead. I'm just saying that attacking your most loyal allies for no reason is a dick move. I hope NPO's current allies take note.

Well for one .. cept for the Red sphere Agreement we have not really been allies for a long time. 3 years i think ? ... and with the recent move from the Red Sphere distance agian was made further.  Seems to me that the conception is that because of at some time in this world so and so were allies so there is not right to future wars. Seriously if you keep going this slant then there would be absolutely no wars in this game.  And with your logic maybe TBC and MI6 should not be at war since at one time they are all former comrades from the same alliance .. seriously dude ... you want to keep searching for a legitimate beef please ..

9 minutes ago, Thrash said:

We're more then happy to be fighting NPO again. The fallout between us happened long ago and is irrelevant to the current reasons for disdain of Pacifica.

Hail Invicta.

And more specifically, hail you, Thrash, for sticking around for so long.

21 hours ago, Wayfarer said:

Ditch 'em.

For all the criticism they might deserve over this NPO is still a better alliance than most.  That's a pretty low bar these days.

12 hours ago, Schattenmann said:

Yeah we're too old and we done seen too much for that !@#$.

Pretty much.

13 hours ago, kingzog said:

They're your allies, pal. Enjoy trying to justify their actions.

You know me well enough to know that's not how I operate.  It's right or it isn't.  "CBs like these rankle." 

Polaris' probably does too, I just haven't been able to read it yet. ;)

Edited by Schattenmann

On 6/7/2016 at 6:33 PM, Wayfarer said:

IDC was the only alliance that didn't cancel on NPO in CoC. Not Invicta. http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?/topic/54901-international-defense-coaltion/

10 minutes ago, Thrash said:

While this linked thread sets off a lightbulb over my head, Invicta still did not cancel on NPO.

We know that but don't let the kids down with their perception of events ... you may cause a complex for them that may be detrimental to uniformed posting

On 07/06/2016 at 2:39 AM, Azaghul said:

Yes.  But everything about this is stupid enough that I'm not going to hold back on criticizing it just because they are allies.

Be quiet man, are you trying to get ODN rolled next?  Talking smack on the OWF is clearly in CB territory these days:P

On 07/06/2016 at 9:48 PM, brucemania said:

Was it Polar and Umbrella?  

17 hours ago, Unknown Smurf said:

IDC was the only alliance that didn't cancel on NPO in CoC. Not Invicta. http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?/topic/54901-international-defense-coaltion/

There were several NPO allies who didn't cancel during the CoC incident. Invicta and SSSW18 were the first two contacted by NPO to promise aid. The Legion also immediately promised aid when they got online (their gov was all asleep that night).

The only cancelled treaties however were all MADPs. During the CoC incident, some people were trying to persuade NPO allies that did not have MADP agreements with NPO to not defend on the basis of not being required to defend an aggressive war on NPO's part. This rather ridiculous bit of e-lawyering, which wasn't based on the treaty text but rather on concepts pulled out of the air, wound up getting rejected happily. Probably Archon's statement that he wasn't going to forget about the CoC members if they just stood by and watched while NPO burned had a lot to do with that.

(However, it should be noted that quite a few of us downgraded to non-chaining MDP treaties with NPO after Karma. Invicta was one, I actually wrote the treaty. Under the terms of a non-chaining treaty, the CoC guys would have been correct.)

28 minutes ago, Haflinger said:

Let's be honest here, it was NPO's path first. Remember GATO-1V?

Best war ever.  Also my first war ever.  Took my first ZI in that conflict.  

/me goes back to rocker and gets all nostalgic-like.

On 08/06/2016 at 1:18 AM, brucemania said:

I thought Pacifica didn't hold long grudges anymore? :P Not that it matters as many were bored silly at Invicta with lack of war.