Never Say Never Again

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ah, the sweet delicious smell of the tears of others.  I find it highly amusing that you forget all those times Polaris has been rolled by overwhelming force and cry like it isn't our right to sign a treaty with an alliance we want to.  Death to you all, scurry away under your rocks, nothing will save you if you just intend to gnash your teeth and lament to the 4 winds.

To all that know who you are, you have reaped what you have sown.  Enjoy the destiny you chose for you chose it...or don't you realize that?

But Grub - doing something about it would be really hard. Are you just some kind of monster that thinks people should have to put a modicum of effort in?

1 hour ago, Blackatron said:

The problem is, whoever is warring with Oculus will be curbstomped from the beginning, and no amount of allies will stop it from being a curbstomp, Oculus has more than a quarter of the games total strength, and when close allies are included and neutrals are excluded from the total they have over half of Bob's NS.

Whether or not this is a problem is a matter of opinion.  There is a very simple solution as things currently stand to avoid a curb stomp.  Just do what the rulers tell you, treaty who they allow you to treaty and avoid any group that could cause a problem or individuals that allow for an excuse. 

Most of us can follow orders in our own alliances.  Why is this such a problem when in the international realm?  We are just doing the same, only on a larger scale. 

Also, before anyone argues with me about being able to choose one's alliance and how that is different, we each have full control over our decision to take part in this world and it's politics.  As things currently stand, there are plenty of places to go (including GPA, but that isn't the only available choice) where a nation can live in safety and security regardless of which bloc or set of treaty holders are the powers that be.

----------------------------------

Congratulations on a very very sexy treaty NPO and NpO.  Hail the new world order!

Edited by White Chocolate

34 minutes ago, Auctor said:

But Grub - doing something about it would be really hard. Are you just some kind of monster that thinks people should have to put a modicum of effort in?

31 minutes ago, AlmightyGrub said:

I am just a monster.

Trademark. Infringement.

Let's tread carefully gentleman.

43 minutes ago, AlmightyGrub said:

Ah, the sweet delicious smell of the tears of others.  I find it highly amusing that you forget all those times Polaris has been rolled by overwhelming force and cry like it isn't our right to sign a treaty with an alliance we want to.  Death to you all, scurry away under your rocks, nothing will save you if you just intend to gnash your teeth and lament to the 4 winds.

To all that know who you are, you have reaped what you have sown.  Enjoy the destiny you chose for you chose it...or don't you realize that?

I think you misunderstand. Behind it all, the real question is how long before one of you screws over the other.

Having spent some time in Polar, I don't think they are here to be bad guys. Polar, more than some alliances, is about rules; rules maintain reason and order in the international community and creates stability, regionally and globally.

Polaris at least attempts writing a Casus Belli, and I would like to see the way they do things spread to more alliances.

3 hours ago, AlmightyGrub said:

Not sure you were referring to any of my posts as tears, but if you were, let me remind you of your view on these "Polar Rollings" you  refer to at the time you were experiencing them:

On December 6, 2014 at 0:43 AM, AlmightyGrub said:

ALMIGHTY GRUB SAID ON DECEMBER 6, 2014, at 00:43 AM:

People seem to confuse any sign of passionate discussion to be someone caring too much or shedding cyber-tears over stats or some other rubbish.  I prefer to view it as actually engaging, contributing and forging a narrative that allows Bob to be more than a pig pen with feces written signatures on the walls .  I also recognize that alliances by and large attract certain types of people and that the certain type of person that I am will never be compatible here or elsewhere with other certain types of people.  That isn't hate, it is realism.  People want to be loved by everyone, I prefer to actually like people I want to without regard for what they can do for me.

I do not hate NG for example, I post regularly on their forums and engage them in the same manner they engage me.  I like their leadership and many of their members, but they are not compatible with how I view Polaris and its values and goals.  We are natural opposites to some degree, but we have far more in common than some alliances we are actually allied directly to.  I don't like the fact that we declared directly on them this war, I really did want the appearance of an issue between our alliances to be put to bed.  Alas we were asked to contribute where we are and so we are.  To some extent appearances can be very deceiving at times.

Please accept my comments as "passionate discussion" instead of tears.  Natural opposites?  Seems like you found your common ground. 

ALMIGHTY GRUB SAID ON November 27, 2014

No hard to out damage us tbh, we are fighting a very defensive war, seriously outnumbered and out gunned.  There is no magic to this clicking thing that people do, you simply select the option and click.  I am glad you are having fun.  I am sure the tenth time you roll the same people for the same reason will be the one that makes you feel adequate.

Seemed reasonable then, seems reasonable now.

ALMIGHTY GRUB SAID ON  January 23, 2015

I think Polaris is very clear in the fact that we have lost this war.  It is blatantly obvious to everyone.  It was lost before a DOW was even posted.  Even our ability to resist was compromised by the continual raids on our higher tier nations.

The fact that you have been in similar circumstances on a number of occasions amuses me to no end.  I will take every pleasure in the world when your alliance is placed into a similar position and be guaranteed I will piss on every comment you post in the exact same manner you have here, but possibly with a little more gusto as befits a goat eating troll such as myself.  Or did you forget how the world turns Comrade?

The fact that our higher tier has been completely destroyed, losing a years plus worth of tech importation means we will have to face a reality of being at a certain NS for the foreseeable future.  If this result in some way surprises you then you are truly beyond redemption.

Unlike Pacifica we have never sought to rule the world, but apparently those who don't understand us think that is the only option.  Enjoy the bed you have made for yourselves but please don't get condescending about fate when yours is only the flick of a switch away.

Well, if you can't beat's, join'em, eh?

On December 6, 2014 at 0:43 AM, AlmightyGrub said:

Edited by Walshington

8 hours ago, Branimir said:

Oh, no. Are you trying to imply that there is a war going on and it is,....statistically unbalanced? The unseen horror. The unimaginable thing. Utter dread.

How could this be? How could God Admin let this happen? The atrocity. Think of the children.

Good thing none of us was ever on the receiving end of such a thing.

God is dead.

No I'm saying your premise that everyone who has ever been in GPA is a pussy is stupid especially when you consider half your allied govt, as well as former IOs/Emperors came from GPA.

Also @Auctor -- Mongols started an aggressive war. Kaskus had one guy who attacked a small AA that had jumped agressively into the war without any DoW/treaty (doing the exact kind of thing people in Oculus regarded as rogues);* and then were attacked. They had one guy log into CN from inactivity mode to see what was going on and he didn't want a part of it so he went to his old AA, NEW. And then the entirety of NEW was attacked. Again with 0 diplomatic effort on the part of Oculus.

* = TBF barely anyone holds a stance anymore.

45 minutes ago, AlmightyGrub said:

Monsters don't need fun, just food.

Monsters need love and care and special attention. Cold beer and beautiful women. And I think NPO has all of that. Branimir's old avatar has been fair game a couple of times...

Edited by Lord Hitchcock

9 hours ago, Branimir said:

Also, I was just being a dick in general. This place is staaaaaaaaaaaaaale as $%&@. So I kicked some dirt around.

I mean NPO-NpO treaty thread, and 3 pages? We have to do better then that.

I made you a sig. 

backpedal.jpg

7 hours ago, AlmightyGrub said:

"Death to you all"

That's NPO if I've ever heard it. You've become Pacifican lackeys, Regardless of how much you deny it, you are their pawns, doing their bidding, going against everything you stand for, or claimed to stand for. I have never felt more betrayed in my life. $%&@ Polaris, and $%&@ you Grub.

Go ahead and warn me.