To Holmgardr and Beyond

N2cnav8.jpg

From distant lands, we sail. A company of adventurers. Warriors, poets, and drinkers of legend. Banners of red and black fly above us we journey onward, evoking fear in our enemies' hearts, hope in our friends', and the envy of every man whose woman looks upon us with breath caught in her throat.

On this day in Miklagaard, we declare the existence of the Varangian Guard. We have come home.

Jack Layton, Hilmir

King Conrad, Fylkir

Morphinel, Formælandi

Tournevald, Gildisbrœðr

Edited by King Conrad

QaFXiqU.png

Varangian Guard - SNX ODoAP

Article I. Alliance Sovereignty

Both alliances remain sovereign and independent under this arrangement.

Article II. Military Intelligence

Intelligence possessed by one signatory relating to the military security of the other should be shared through secure channels.

Article III. Nonaggression and military defense

Both signatories shall refrain from all acts of military, economic or ideological aggression against one another. Should one signatory come under attack, the other is encouraged to provide military or other forms of assistance depending on the situation.

Article V. Optional Aggression

Should a military offensive be organized by one signatory the other may be invited to participate. Both parties agree to observe sound information security principles and deploy in a disciplined manner when coordinating any military offensive.

Article VI. Cancellation

A cancellation notice should be presented via secure channels to the other signatory.

Signed for the Imperium of Supernova X:

Emperor of Mankind: Immortan Junka

Hand of the Emperor: Galerion

Grand Legate: Anadaric

Signed for Varangian Guard

Jack Layton, Hilmir

King Conrad, Fylkir

Morphinel, Formælandi

Tournevald, Gildisbrœðr

I, Jack Layton, ruler of NDPstan, defeater of empires, God of Gods, King of Kings, descendent of Subotai and the Great Khan, Caliph of the Ummayyads and of the Fatimids, Caesar of the Romans, Etruscans, and Italic peoples in general, Winner of the Iowa State Fair pie eating contest six years running (2009-2015), Veteran of a Thousand Wars, hereby formally declares recognition of Varangian Guard and all its inhabitants as a legitimate alliance. May you turn the cowardly enemy of wailing catamites into unrefined powder. May you drink the blood of every man, woman, and child of Planet Bob!

This I sign in the presence of Nelson Mandela, Kaiser Wilhelm I, Vlad the Impaler, Queen Elizabeth II, and Winston Churchill, in the locale of Heaven, this 3rd day of June in the year of our Lord two thousand sixteen.

3 hours ago, Jack Layton said:

I, Jack Layton, ruler of NDPstan, defeater of empires, God of Gods, King of Kings, descendent of Subotai and the Great Khan, Caliph of the Ummayyads and of the Fatimids, Caesar of the Romans, Etruscans, and Italic peoples in general, Winner of the Iowa State Fair pie eating contest six years running (2009-2015), Veteran of a Thousand Wars, hereby formally declares recognition of Varangian Guard and all its inhabitants as a legitimate alliance. May you turn the cowardly enemy of wailing catamites into unrefined powder. May you drink the blood of every man, woman, and child of Planet Bob!

This I sign in the presence of Nelson Mandela, Kaiser Wilhelm I, Vlad the Impaler, Queen Elizabeth II, and Winston Churchill, in the locale of Heaven, this 3rd day of June in the year of our Lord two thousand sixteen.

As much as I hate to admit this, I DID actually laugh.  Somehow I get the feeling that the next time some alliance(s) get the opportunity to give your terms for peace,  it is going to include that you STOP your recognition of alliances :P 

And congrats.  I was wondering what you were going to do now.

16 hours ago, White Chocolate said:

As much as I hate to admit this, I DID actually laugh.  Somehow I get the feeling that the next time some alliance(s) get the opportunity to give your terms for peace,  it is going to include that you STOP your recognition of alliances :P 

And congrats.  I was wondering what you were going to do now.

It's all about the leverage, dear WC. All about the leverage.

3 hours ago, Lord Hitchcock said:

War Jesus, sunk. Devils brigade, sunk. Cobra, sunk.

same Layton. I'll take 2 to 1 odds it doesn't last a year. Any takers?

What happened to the days where somebody wished you luck in something? Its nice to see old enemies are still where we left them. I'll take 2 to 1 odds that you'll still be under 2k NS in a year. 

On 6/4/2016 at 11:06 PM, Morphine said:

What happened to the days where somebody wished you luck in something? Its nice to see old enemies are still where we left them. I'll take 2 to 1 odds that you'll still be under 2k NS in a year. 

these are the same people that claim you've been antagonizing them in their next post.  ignore the nonsense and best wishes to you guys.