Rest in peace Keelah

admin

I am deeply saddened to say that I received word tonight that our lead community moderator and my good friend Keelah has passed away. He was instrumental over the past several years in helping me maintain the server back-end and keeping things running smoothly around here.

His passing is a tremendous loss to me personally and to this community as a whole. Thoughts and prayers go out to his friends and family. I will have more to say later but right now I am truly at a loss for words.

Rest in peace my friend.

:(

I enjoyed chatting with you Keelah over the past few months and always found you to be a very reasonable individual to talk to. The fact that you are gone now is a huge shock to me as I had wondered why you have gone silent. You have done a great service to the game while at the helm of the moderation team and I believe we would be hard pressed to find anyone who would have even an ounce of the ability that you had.

When I started talking to him many months ago, I enquired why he chose the name he had as a moderator. His answer then made me smile and even now it's a happy memory:

Gotcha, also how come you chose Beaky Buzzard as your avatar as I assume your username comes from the Mass Effect series by Electronic Arts?

Nickname I got in college. I used to say "nope nope nope" and friends saw the cartoon where the mother is calling the buzzard "killer" but it sounds like Keelah and the buzzard always says "nope nope nope". And thus my nickname.

Rest well my friend, your time as a moderator is at an end. One day, I will meet you again and when that happens, I wish to shake your hand.