Imperial Decree - Red Sphere

21 hours ago, smurthwaite said:

I remember when this was your policy before.  Then Karma happened.

While I have absolutely no horse in this race, and have no illusions about ever having a horse (let alone in this race), I wonder how long before history repeats itself.

Karma happened when there were actually people around to give a crap.  Nobody is around to give a crap anymore.

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4 minutes ago, Rush Sykes said:

We are about 2 more NPO policy announcements away from Shamed having been right when he told me I would one day regret ever championing NPO to my allies.

That's what you get when you go making friends, rather than play the political game.

2 minutes ago, the rebel said:

That's what you get when you go making friends, rather than play the political game.

I can live with the fallout of my choices, since it is over 4 years later. I do take offense at history letting Shamed, of all people, be right. My ego is a fragile thing.

1 hour ago, Rush Sykes said:

I can live with the fallout of my choices, since it is over 4 years later. I do take offense at history letting Shamed, of all people, be right. My ego is a fragile thing.

Irs ok old man, you still got us to sing your paeans.

Edited by Helbrecht

2 hours ago, Rush Sykes said:

Its alright I was telling Londo back in the early Athens days when we were discussing alliance issues and he brought up NPO and wouldn't mind getting closer to them.

1 hour ago, wes the wise said:

Grub for Senate! o/

Something we can all agree on. When picking a winner there is a clear best choice on every color.

Blue - Grub, Pink - hartfw, Brown - Libertarian Empire, Yellow - FAN, etc.

However if we go back to Smurth's example of backing a horse, there is no horse other than NPO to back on Red. Other than the rebel, NPO is the only notable force on red. If the rebel is sympathetic with NPO's move here, then I don't see a problem with NPO reliving some of their glory days.

I don't regret fighting for NPO against MK in 2011, despite fighting for MK against NPO in the noCB War of 2008. I still think they've changed since Karma and should create a no raiding zone on red again as well. This would give them a CB they can choose to use or not, if anyone raids a red nation. I think something similar can be done on Brown.

Edited by Sephiroth

19 hours ago, Sephiroth said:

Other than the rebel, NPO is the only notable force on red. 

Other than the rebel? Hahaha, Sephiroth, you're such good value.

1 minute ago, Haflinger said:

It wasn't a joke. You need to learn who you're dealing with.

You need to lighten up. While there is truth behind the joke in there being no notable alliances on red beyond NPO & me considering the rebel the most noteworthy individual on red who isn't NPO; you missed my entire point, Which was NPO is the only option on red, so I don't think there is anyone for NPO to create negative karma with by doing this. The rebel obviously isn't even in a red alliance or running for the Senate, however he is an example of a nation on red besides NPO. Even if I would personally prefer if he joined us on Brown.

So I was adding some humor in there, but I did laugh when I saw your response. So that was amusing.

On May 4, 2016 at 6:16 AM, Rush Sykes said:

It's too bad shamed isn't here to hear about it :(

though what hat you are feeling Rush is how I've felt for the past two years or so. I used to have so much respect for Pacifica. She had changed. How foolish we all were.

22 minutes ago, Devilyn Caster said:

It's too bad shamed isn't here to hear about it :(

though what hat you are feeling Rush is how I've felt for the past two years or so. I used to have so much respect for Pacifica. She had changed. How foolish we all were.

She tried real hard to change, and was progressing towards it, then Brehon took over and it's been the same 'ol, same 'ol since then.

Seems like NPO going back to the glory days before Karma, wonder how long it will be before NPO start taking out IRON and such, happened last time sure it will happen again, NPO are to power hungry, they have to be top dog and control everything when they are not they start picking people off.

GPA hit peace mode, you will be next for nothing more than free tech

15 hours ago, Auctor said:

I don't actually recall that time NPO took out IRON. Could you perhaps provide a citation for us newer players?

It was a dark time. We don't like to talk about it. We have actually completely removed it from our own alliance records.

3 hours ago, The Warrior said:

It was a dark time. We don't like to talk about it. We have actually completely removed it from our own alliance records.

Must've been. It's been completely removed from all other records too.

On 5/4/2016 at 10:08 PM, Rush Sykes said:

We are about 2 more NPO policy announcements away from Shamed having been right when he told me I would one day regret ever championing NPO to my allies.

I know it won't make you feel better, but it is frustrating that it took you til now to realise what was evident to myself and others at the time. It was so clear that treaties like NPO-GATO and NPO-ODN were cynical political moves.

On 04.05.2016. at 7:33 AM, HoratioAurelius said:

My my. Now isn't this something?

I came here to see whats going on, and then noticed this post.

It is really cool to see Legion still exists. I am not being sarcastic. I am closing on a decade here, which makes me wanna shoot my self but besides that makes me reminisce when here. It would be cool to see more people from GATO, ODN and Legion here and about.

Other then that, announced policy reflects the reality of things. Therefore, with it or without, the things would essentially play out the same. With NPO essentially being half of the red team, and in the other half no serious coherent political entity exists, it is what it is.

P.S. Split on the new board.