Correspondence and Announcements

4 hours ago, the rebel said:

Whom was the first?

Given that Christianity is an available religion on Bob, one would assume he has already come once. :P

4 hours ago, Walshington said:

Now THERE is a tenuous analogy to a historical event LOL.

Good to be back WS!

If I'm good for nothing else, I'm at least good for that.

Edited by WarriorSoul

1 hour ago, Walshington said:

Sometimes the tiniest of acorns fall from the mightiest of oaks.  

When I start feeling bad about only having one member, I think about how if I got just three more members and espoused faux libertarian values, I could garner the support of the most powerful bloc on Bob.  Just gotta figure out how to express those values in the most reasonable, clear-headed manner possible to make it happen.

Hmm, maybe you aren't the 1 man aa I should support.

While  I support the idea of the 1 man aa's redefining what the landscape is, if you are suggesting that Methrage has sold out what he believes in ever I don't think you have met the man.  So, I will suggest the following, get to know him before you sling mud.  You will find a guy that believe s what he believes regardless of the political winds.  The type of role model that any 1 man aa should be proud of looking up to.

I honestly don't know what is funnier: The cringe you see in every Oculus poster when Methrage praises them, or the look on his face when someone in Oculus is hitting him a year from now when he does something annoying. 

Either way, comedy ensues!

On 5/3/2016 at 10:36 PM, Haflinger said:

Yeah, he's pretty consistently stood for faux libertarian values for the last several years.

Our Libertarian Values are very real. If you're like Junka, you'll start war with LPC alliances & try black mailing them into quitting; then call me a tyrant when I suggest SNX reconsider their leadership options.

However we value the sovereignty of independent nations highly & use our Senate Position to ensure the political elite can't sanction them out of existence because their actions fall outside the mainstream or bigger side in any war. So we exist to defend the sovereignty of nations to trade with whoever they want. The only ones who we don't tend to get along with us are those who violate the non-aggression principle on a regular basis against the defenseless, then throw a fit if they can't have a nation sanctioned on every single color for opposing them.

However once our sovereignty has been infringed upon, we are free to defend ourselves as we see fit. So can every other alliance or micro out there. Every micro or alliance who gets hit doesn't need need to thank their invader and ask for another.

Walsh is just still upset because I took his members declaring on me with his permission as an act of war & responded as such, when he made clear he approved of the members actions & thought we should just not respond to their obvious acts of war.  Since we were a micro with no allies from his perspective, while he had Kashmir, PPO & others backing him.

Edited by Sephiroth

On May 2, 2016 at 6:59 PM, hartfw said:

Hmm, maybe you aren't the 1 man aa I should support.

While  I support the idea of the 1 man aa's redefining what the landscape is, if you are suggesting that Methrage has sold out what he believes in ever I don't think you have met the man.  So, I will suggest the following, get to know him before you sling mud.  You will find a guy that believe s what he believes regardless of the political winds.  The type of role model that any 1 man aa should be proud of looking up to.

Oh, you misjudge me then -- glad you responded.

I have definitely met the man. I have dealt with Meth on friendly terms, I have read his posts on the OWF as a neutral observer, I have been his enemy, I have dealt with him in diplomacy, I have chatted with him on IRC and in multiple private messages.  Far from selling out, I find Meterage to be absolutely the most consistent leader on Planet Bob.  I have not found any "back room Meth" -- in my experience, what you see in his OWF posts as his public face is also his private face.  The tone, tenor, and content never deviates from the baseline by much.  I sincerely believe that Meth is the Meth I believe him to be to his core -- I have yet to see a break in his character, which can be good and bad.  Good because you are always dealing with a known quantity, bad because that quantity can sometimes present with a...  lack of self-reflection not evident in, say, a Schatt (who is also quite consistent, but in a much different way).  Although I ended up Meth's enemy, I can promise you I never set out to do so, and worked hard to not be -- I found Meth's consistency difficult to overcome in negotiations.

If you felt I was slinging mud by referring to his politics as "faux Libertarianism", I will stand by that as a valid opinion.  Unless he has somehow redefined the term, Libertarianism is generally defined as a political philosophy that seeks to maximize autonomy and freedom of choice, emphasizing personal political freedom, voluntary association, and the primacy of individual judgment.  When I look at the LPCN, I see little of this.  It is required that you vote for certain candidates.  If you choose to leave the fold (as did COBRA), you are branded a traitor and threatened with PZI, viceroys, and disbandment.  The entire LPCN seems to be a vehicle to promote what Meth desires, not what the individuals within it desire.  Full disclosure, SRA (the 2M NS version,not the current incarnation) was the same way.  I was essentially a monarch, and I'm not saying that's bad.  I did not label the alliance a democracy, however.

The alliances associated with the LPCN also do not seem to be terribly Libertarian in their ideals.  Monsters, Inc. makes a habit of attacking alliances who want to be left alone to pursue their own freedoms (The Stoic Movement,  SWF, etc), and once attacked and tried to extort tech from TSO over a failed merger.  aNiMaLz, like Minc, has made a career out of violating the sovereignty of others that Meth states he values so highly. All of which is fine, unless done under the banner of "liberty and freedom for all," in which case I'm not buying it.  Meth clearly does, or is willing to overlook the contradictions.  Regardless, he  has certainly garnered himself both a senate seat and the support of Oculus by following his chosen path.  It would be disingenuous of me to suggest that success has eluded his particular brand of consistency.

I will also submit, self-reflectively, that I took your response about 1 man AA's to be a sarcastic swipe, and merely meant to indicate that your bloc found itself supporting an alliance not much larger.  I apparently misjudged your comment, and hereby retract the smarm.

Edited by Walshington

17 minutes ago, Sephiroth said:

Our Libertarian Values are very real. If you're like Junka, you'll start war with LPC alliances & try black mailing them into quitting; then call me a tyrant when I suggest SNX reconsider their leadership options.

However we value the sovereignty of independent nations highly & use our Senate Position to ensure the political elite can't sanction them out of existence because their actions fall outside the mainstream or bigger side in any war. So we exist to defend the sovereignty of nations to trade with whoever they want. The only ones who were don't tend to get along with us are those who violate the non-aggression principle on a regular basis against the defenseless, then throw a fit if they can't have a nation sanctioned on every single color for opposing them.

However once our sovereignty has been infringed upon, we are free to defend ourselves as we see fit. So can every other alliance or micro out there. Every micro or alliance who gets hit doesn't need need to thank their invader and ask for another.

Walsh is just still upset because I took his members declaring on me with his permission as an act of war & responded as such, when he made clear he approved of the members actions & thought we should just not respond to their obvious acts of war.  Since we were a micro with no allies from his perspective, while he had Kashmir, PPO & others backing him.

If your going to post garbage like that all over the place you really shouldn't turn around and complain about Junka's posts.

26 minutes ago, Sephiroth said:

However we value the sovereignty of independent nations highly & use our Senate Position to ensure the political elite can't sanction them out of existence because their actions fall outside the mainstream or bigger side in any war. So we exist to defend the sovereignty of nations to trade with whoever they want. The only ones who were don't tend to get along with us are those who violate the non-aggression principle on a regular basis against the defenseless, then throw a fit if they can't have a nation sanctioned on every single color for opposing them.

And there it is.

Your rigidity in your belief that your perspective is reality is duly noted, but the purpose of this thread is NOT to rehash the Dre4m War or your feud with Junka.

It is clearly to compare my return to the second coming of Christ.  Let us all confine our comments to those of a similar nature.

1 hour ago, Walshington said:

And there it is.

Your rigidity in your belief that your perspective is reality is duly noted, but the purpose of this thread is NOT to rehash the Dre4m War or your feud with Junka.

I agree we shouldn't rehash the Dre4m War & didn't intend to get the topic off track. Consider the hatchet buried.

I wish you luck with this incarnation as long as you don't tie yourself to heavily with Kashmir. Although I can understand wanting to come back with a splash, but if you're a Libertarian as you say; then I hope we can get along better this time around.

Edited by Sephiroth

12 minutes ago, Sephiroth said:

I agree we shouldn't rehash the Dre4m War & didn't intend to get the topic off track. Consider the hatchet buried.

I wish you luck with this incarnation as long as you don't tie yourself to heavily with Kashmir. Although I can understand wanting to come back with a splash, but if you're a Libertarian as you say; then I hope we can get along better this time around.

Well, I'm fighting for them, so kind of heavily tied.  

Also, 3 infra doesn't allow much of a splash -- I "blitzed" Fark, and they didn't notice.

Also, I am not a Libertarian (although I appreciate many of the concepts), and we're technically at war, I suppose, so keep the hatchet handy for a bit yet.

Other than those things, here's to us!

4 minutes ago, Walshington said:

Well, I'm fighting for them, so kind of heavily tied.  

Also, 3 infra doesn't allow much of a splash -- I "blitzed" Fark, and they didn't notice.

Also, I am not a Libertarian (although I appreciate many of the concepts), and we're technically at war, I suppose, so keep the hatchet handy for a bit yet.

Other than those things, here's to us!

Where are my manners. In that case I'll see if we have new members in range to give you a proper response & try to fill some of those slots.

A toast to War & drinks for all. c\~/

Man, am I glad to see such a classy poster back in the game.  I may not ever get to fly formation with you folks, but you always have my respect.  That and a dollar can get you a coffee and a convenience store, I hear.

Good to have you back, Walsh.

On 5/3/2016 at 8:16 PM, Galerion said:

If your going to post garbage like that all over the place you really shouldn't turn around and complain about Junka's posts.

You sure showed him.