Hi Everyone!

Mozart

Hi guys, I'm Mozart. I just joined the game and have looked through the forums and read various newbie topics like these: Link, but I'm not sure about where to go from here, I've put most of my cash into infrastructure and a little bit of land like the guide stated, but I don't really know about what to do about joining alliances or trade. I've looked through all these guides but I'm still not completely sure about what I want to do.

I'm sure you guys get a bunch of topics like this a lot so I just wanted to say thanks guys for the help, I really appreciate it, and if I put this in the wrong section please tell me. :)

Hey Mozart,

The best advice any of us can give you is to look around at several alliances and join the one that you think is the best fit for you.  They will more than likely have lots of advice from there.  Also, don't let any of these clowns exploit you for tech deals.  100 tech for 6 million is the fairest price for new nations.

Good luck, man.

Edited by smurthwaite

6 hours ago, Mozart said:

Hi guys, I'm Mozart. I just joined the game and have looked through the forums and read various newbie topics like these: Link, but I'm not sure about where to go from here, I've put most of my cash into infrastructure and a little bit of land like the guide stated, but I don't really know about what to do about joining alliances or trade. I've looked through all these guides but I'm still not completely sure about what I want to do.

I'm sure you guys get a bunch of topics like this a lot so I just wanted to say thanks guys for the help, I really appreciate it, and if I put this in the wrong section please tell me. :)

People will mostly just try to recruit you for posting this. My advise is to find some alliances that look appealing, talk to them, choose one to join and have them help you from there. (Also, best to not spend money on building your nation until you find an alliance to help you with it).

1 hour ago, smurthwaite said:

100 tech for 6 million is the fairest price for new nations.

Indeed. But one can certainly be more lenient once they get larger (especially if they are selling to allies). But yeah, 100/6m is the most fair for nations just starting out.

16 minutes ago, NapoleontheThird said:

yes do 100 tech for 6mill, there are some alliances out there that do the 200 tech for 6mill, they rip ya off 100 tech. makes it almost free

No, this is free tech. 6/200 is still profitable and allies are meant to help allies. At the end of the day, what is actually fair just depends on the sizes of the two trading nations. 6/200 is fair for a nation that has just started buying tech, especially if they are buying it from a nation my size.