My OOC Peace in the NpO/Non Grata vs. Last Call & Allies

zoskia

Hello,

This is mostly completely OOC.

My father had an important health problem and  has been hospitalized (cerebrovascular accident / CVA). The causes are still being investigated, but some of the most "scary" stuff has already been discarded and thankfully there's no signs of dead tissue/neurons on the brain.

I need to devote my time to this issue and fighting a "virtual war" is not among my priorities right now.

I was fighting against a nation of Last Call. With permission of the government of Polaris I negotiated my individual peace with the government of Last Call. I was given peace and by the 23rd I will be able to switch to Peace Mode (I can't do it right now).... I will reamin in Peace for the rest of this specific conflict.

My negotiation with Last Call involved telling them that I will not re-enter the conflict later when things get better (hopefully I assume that things will get better, but we still have to go through several medical examinations until the cause of the problem is identified and the solution to the problem can be performed -right now there isn't any clear explanation of what happened and why).

So, on the 23rd I will switch to peace mode and will not re-enter the conflict between Npo-Non Grata & Allies vs Last Call & Alliies as to avoid giving Polaris an unfair advantage by having a "fresh" nation into the conflict if the war gets long and my familiar situation gets better (which is what I hope).

I beg the leaders of the "other side" of the Conflict (the Allies of Last Call) to delete me from their current list of targets, since I can't fight right now due to these OOC reasons, my mind is somewhere else.

Last but not least, I would like to express my gratitude to the government of Polaris for understanding the situation and SPECIALLY to the government of Last Call, who behaved like true friends when I explained them my situation and they acted very fast, getting me out of this war with a very friendly attitude. I really appreciate it. So thanks a lot, Last Call, for doing such thing. I'm grateful at your good attitude.

o/ NpO
o/ Last Call
o/ My Father 

That is a terrible situation and I hope your father gets some of the good news.

It's nice to hear there is still some decency around this place; good call, Last Call.  You have my word that PPO will not be hitting you.  I'm posting an AA announcement right now.

Good luck, man.

Good luck zoskia. Well handled by LC and PPO. For future situations: keep in mind you can get a nation sitter which I think would be less bothersome than having to spend time  on negotiation correspondence to get an individual peace.

32 minutes ago, smurthwaite said:

That is a terrible situation and I hope your father gets some of the good news.

It's nice to hear there is still some decency around this place; good call, Last Call.  You have my word that PPO will not be hitting you.  I'm posting an AA announcement right now.

Good luck, man.

Thank you! I appreciate it.

15 minutes ago, Monster said:

Good luck zoskia. Well handled by LC and PPO. For future situations: keep in mind you can get a nation sitter which I think would be less bothersome than having to spend time  on negotiation correspondence to get an individual peace.

A good tip for a "normal person", but I think I'm too neurotic as to let another person touch my nation... and I would be checking all the time what this "sitter" is doing... and right now I need to think about other issues as if I was a medic myself (which I am not), because my parents are not thinking right (they are medics, both of them) because they are having too many "emotional fantasies", so I have to be in charge of talking to the doctors and understanding the medical situation and deciding which ones are the steps to follow (based on what the doctors tell me)... nobody is a good "medic of himself" nor of his "life-partner" (indeed, the situation would be better if they had decided to go straight to the hospital when the first symptoms showed up, instead of spending 3 days and arriving to medical hypotesis by themselves). So I'd rather be focused on that issue and solving these problems than thinking about the "Virtual war".

My gratitude to all the ones who are helping me in CN with this issue.

Zoskia,

Glad to hear that there is no permanent damage in the brain tissue for you father.  Stroke is not something to mess around.  Once things are sorted out, most likely, your father will be put on a permanent regimen of anticoagulant, most likely aspirin 81mg, warfarin, or Plavix, depending on the cause.  Make sure to explain to him the importance of taking those medications everyday religiously.  Hope your father will receive an excellent prognosis and see you back soon.

2 hours ago, Zero-One said:

Zoskia,

Glad to hear that there is no permanent damage in the brain tissue for you father.  Stroke is not something to mess around.  Once things are sorted out, most likely, your father will be put on a permanent regimen of anticoagulant, most likely aspirin 81mg, warfarin, or Plavix, depending on the cause.  Make sure to explain to him the importance of taking those medications everyday religiously.  Hope your father will receive an excellent prognosis and see you back soon.

Thank you. 

As a side note, my father takes an anticoagulant every day since some 20 years ago due to a heart attack he had some 20 years ago.

The good news are that the *worst* possible causes have already been discarded, but the medics are still uncertain about what happened.

My father has already been allowed to leave the hospital early last night (he went to see a movie with my mother after he left the hospital... a Taurus... is there a way to tell them to chill out???).

The other good news is that the episodes of a deficient flow of blood to the brain have not happened again since he was hospitalized (Thursday night if I'm not wrong, I'm a bit lost with the dates).... several studies will be performed during the next days as to find out what happened and arrive to a solution (which may be surgical or not)... because so far a lot of things have been discarded, but nothing has been done about what happened (because the doctors can't find out what happened).

And the other good news is that he doesn't have any kind of sign of having any neuronal damage (or a loss in any cognitive function or any kind of problem with moving any part of his body).  

So during this week there's a lot of medical examinations to come, most of them are very specific, because all the "big" ones have already taken place and nothing was found.

And thankfully I remembered about my cousin, who is an expert in the field of medical images (resonances, ultrasound, etc) and some years ago she saved my life with her skills on that field... so she's helping. 

I am glad to note that the crisis has passed and the elderly gentleman is enjoying movies.

Please take all the time you need. CN will still be here whenever you decide to take it up again (as will your nation)

Best of luck to you and yours, friend.

On 4/22/2016 at 2:13 AM, zoskia said:

good tip for a "normal person", but I think I'm too neurotic as to let another person touch my nation... and I would be checking all the time what this "sitter" is doing

A neurosis we share ....

I wish you and your family the best, I remember the scare all too well with my father too. 

8 hours ago, smurthwaite said:

NpO told me this morning that zoskia made it to dove.

yeah, I'm in Peace Mode. I will remain as such for as long as the war lasts or for as long as I know what going on (related to the health of my father). There's several medical exams coming this week, the main one will be tomorrow, but not the final one.

If everything goes well with this OOC problem (which is what I hope) and the war gets long, I may leave Peace Mode and fight defensive wars if someone wants to attack me (I think that fighting offensive wars would be taking advantage, but probably being there for defensive wars simply gives the IC enemies the chance to choose).

But there is still a long (OOC) road to walk before thinking about such thing.

• 4 weeks later...

I will return to WAR MODE... but I won't attack anyone till 5th April (as to avoid an unfair advantage)... but I will be in war mode if someone wants to attack me.
I have not been following the CN politics, so I am not even sure if the NpO is still at war or not, but I think it is.

As for the OOC news: I don't really have any news... my father had a few more episodes of a deficient flow of blood to the brain, the reasons still remain unknown... he has gone through an almost infinite amount of very complex medical exams and all of them are OK... the problem with this issue is that *something* is not OK, but the doctors are still unable to define WHAT and WHY. Other than that, he has returned to his normal activities and when an episode begins he simply goes to the hospital, but they last for 30 to 60 minutes and then he's OK again.

Thanks again to Last Call for their kindness... and if someone wants to attack me: Grrrrr.... get ready for being collapsed!!!!! :P 

• 3 weeks later...

Many blessing bud. Most people here I think are pretty cool about this stuff. I have had to take lots of time off for my cystic fibrosis and many were understanding, both here and in PW. I will hold your family in my thoughts and prayers.