Imperial Decree - New Polar Order

On April 25, 2016 at 0:16 PM, ChairmanHal said:

I don't think there is any question under the right circumstances raiding is very profitable.  I have raided in the past, would change nothing.

Raiding is a business venture.  For raiders at all levels, you are hoping that the money invested (including any potential damages) is more than your losses.  In the past in higher tier raiding, raiders like bones could count on an almost limitless resupply of tech and even cash, along with the ability to fill the defensive slots of the target at a moment's notice.  Risk was minimal if you were smart about your target selection, as was the skill level required (threatening to throw tech 50-60+ EMP nukes if someone resists isn't a complex task). 

Resistance to a high tier raid isn't a black or white decision.  There's lots of gray and people to think about beyond yourself.  In the past I have resisted and in the past I've ate my shait sandwich.  People like Hitchcock will never be in the upper tier, so it's impossible for them to relate to the calculus that goes on.  I use a math analogy here but really it's poker.  Hitchcock is the guy sitting in a recliner at home watching a Texas Hold 'Em tournament on ESPN telling his wife between sips of PBR how he would have played that hand differently.  He's never been to Vegas, he's never played poker in Vegas, he's never played for more than $50 with his friends, let alone hundreds of thousands or millions.  Oh but he's an expert. 

<_<

I enjoyed this. Touché' 

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic