• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

50 minutes ago, Van Hoo III said:

Wait. Let me get this straight. You're criticizing (and trolling) our allies in NSO for declining to enter and get themselves rolled ... for a paperless (and not to mention optional) treaty?

Hate to split hairs but we defended NSO during the Disorder War despite being paperless. Point being, you may devalue paperlessness but clearly for some of us there's more to a relationship than just paper and words. ;)

Kashmir has an understanding with NSO regarding this war that we're comfortable with so don't take that as a complaint but instead a simple statement of fact.

1 hour ago, mattski133 said:

Kashmir has no treaties.  All things are optional, including attack, defense, or neutrality.  It really is as simple as, would Kashmir defend us?  In any odds?  Will we defend them, regardless of the odds?  We've considered it kind of a political experiment, and as in any experiment sometimes the results are not what you'd expect.

Things change over time, as anyone who's spent time here understands.

Oh I am well-versed in Kashmir's philosophy on treaties. :P

My point though is that you're also well aware that not everyone shares that philosophy, even alliances that you'd defend. That doesn't make them wrong or worthy of scorn necessarily, it just makes them an alliance that looks at things a different way.

39 minutes ago, SirWilliam said:

Hate to split hairs but we defended NSO during the Disorder War despite being paperless. Point being, you may devalue paperlessness but clearly for some of us there's more to a relationship than just paper and words. ;)

Kashmir has an understanding with NSO regarding this war that we're comfortable with so don't take that as a complaint but instead a simple statement of fact.

Right, but knowing Kashmir (who I happen to like), I doubt you did so with any expectations nor would you do things any differently now. My opinion of "paperless" isn't disparaging. Whether I agree with the philosophy or not, I respect your decision to do things that way.

Either way, I haven't seen anyone from Kashmir have anything bad to say about NSO's decision. My comment was directed solely at Xanth and not Kashmir or at our allies, PPO. We've spoken on IRC though and will agree to disagree.

I also happen to like Xanth and have no problem disagreeing (or even arguing) with folks I like. :P

Edited by Van Hoo III

2 minutes ago, Xanth said:

Don't admit to that Hoo, it equates to political suicide.

[09:52] <&Xanth> VanHooIII, admitting to like me on the owf will only hurt you with 99% of the game buddy
[09:52] <&Xanth> <3
[09:53] <%VanHooIII> I'm Hoo, I'll be all right
[09:53] <%VanHooIII> <3
[09:53] <&Xanth> Lol

;)

I've personally never been a fan of paperless treaties, though if there was a handshake agreement between Kashmir and NSO that they had each other's back, then NSO has an obligation to assist in some way that is agreeable to Kashmir.  If there was no such agreement, then that would fall into the "regrettable but completely understandable" category.  I'm not going to condemn NSO unless they refuse to provide help of any sort, even with postwar rebuilding.  I wouldn't expect that to happen.

1 hour ago, Van Hoo III said:

Oh I am well-versed in Kashmir's philosophy on treaties. :P

My point though is that you're also well aware that not everyone shares that philosophy, even alliances that you'd defend. That doesn't make them wrong or worthy of scorn necessarily, it just makes them an alliance that looks at things a different way.

Right, but knowing Kashmir (who I happen to like), I doubt you did so with any expectations nor would you do things any differently now. My opinion of "paperless" isn't disparaging. Whether I agree with the philosophy or not, I respect your decision to do things that way.

Either way, I haven't seen anyone from Kashmir have anything bad to say about NSO's decision. My comment was directed solely at Xanth and not Kashmir or at our allies, PPO. We've spoken on IRC though and will agree to disagree.

I also happen to like Xanth and have no problem disagreeing (or even arguing) with folks I like. :P

Smurth called us out in the OP as well, which I find disappointing from PPO because that either means they are calling us out not knowing the situation or there is some back channel bad mouthing about us we don't know about.

Either way, NSO had a pretty good opinion of PPO and while I'm not officially FA for NSO, I would be pretty surprised if this didn't sour our opinion of them.

43 minutes ago, USMC123 said:

Smurth called us out in the OP as well, which I find disappointing from PPO because that either means they are calling us out not knowing the situation or there is some back channel bad mouthing about us we don't know about.

Either way, NSO had a pretty good opinion of PPO and while I'm not officially FA for NSO, I would be pretty surprised if this didn't sour our opinion of them.

Well I wouldn't want you to be surprised but some of our members are not thrilled with you guys.

Let's place bets on who NG and polar cry to to counter all 4 of us at war with them.

come on caustic, we all know you're already activating treaties against us so let's just get it out in the open.

Lurunin hurry up and drop to my level. you owe me a war by time this rely ends for us.

Edited by Xanth

Alright that's enough NSO talk in this thread....Xanth...seriously dude...I don't know what we're going to do with you lol...

We in the PPO have always held our word above all else. We also view treaties in much higher terms than almost any other AA on Bob and this can be seen throughout our history. The PPO will always be there to assist our allies in need, whether they want us to or not. We will jump into hell fire for those we view strongly enough to call allies. 

We knew what we were getting into as soon as the initial declarations against Kashmir went through. The main reason it took so long is because we were trying to figure out the best way to enter since Kashmir were not initially requesting help.

We hold no ill will towards Polar, though we do not support their war in any way. NG...well...that's a different story for some :P. War is here so enough &#33;@#&#036;%*ing and get to work on spying Red Army into a Capitalist govt

2 hours ago, ChairmanHal said:

then NSO has an obligation to assist in some way that is agreeable to Kashmir. 

And as SirWilliam has already pointed out, there has already been an agreement on what NSO can and will offer in the ways of assistance to Kashmir, though frankly that's between us and Kashmir.

Complaining people aren't honoring agreements that we have no real way of knowing what they are is kinda silly when there's plenty of people that don't honor publicly posted MDoAP's.

To: Ying Yang Mafia    From: angus kahn    Date: 4/21/2016 4:37:19 PM

Subject: Peace Offer

Message: A peace offer has been submitted by angus kahn for the following reason: Cessation of Hostilities

As soon as both nations accept peace the war will end. If either nation attacks one another this peace offer will be automatically canceled.

Some pirates have more arrr than bite.