Peaceful Alliance

Is there an alliance of entirely peaceful nations that are permanently set in peace mode? If so, I would like to join. If not, would anyone else be interested in establishing one with me? I have a 255-day old nation, that has never been at war, and may be able to aid newcomers somewhat.

There would be no gain for a nation to stay permanently in peace mode. If I recall, you'll have real trouble maintaining your nation and aiding others by sticking there. You should consider being in War Mode and have a look through the different alliances out there and see which one matches what you are after.

There would be no gain for a nation to stay permanently in peace mode. If I recall, you'll have real trouble maintaining your nation and aiding others by sticking there. You should consider being in War Mode and have a look through the different alliances out there and see which one matches what you are after.

Pretty much exactly this ...

http://www.cybernations.net/about_topics.asp#National_Peace/War_Preference

4 days = -3 population happiness

6 days = -5 population happiness
8 days = -6 population happiness
10 days = -7 population happiness
12 days = -8 population happiness
14 days = -9 population happiness

There is also an additional economic penalty on top of the population happiness penalty if your nation is in peace mode for more than 5 days. A nation in peace mode may not send foreign aid, however it will be allowed to continue to receive foreign aid.

You will not accomplish any growth in this environment.

You should either look into one of the neutral alliances (I suggest GPA if you want one that won't get in war) or find a protector alliance who will let you sit back and grow, offer that protection and perhaps tech deals, and would agree to not attempt to leverage you into any war their alliance finds themselves in (strayed from the traditional Protector-Protectorate status treaties, many alliances these days are being protectee's and treating it like a mutual defense treaty rather than a unilateral protection treaty ... Paperwork, tedious tedious paperwork) .. 

I think staying in peace mode is a great idea.  Because of No hassle.  I tried it once nearly ended up in bill lock.

Those economic penalties a far to severe for someone who just want to grow their Nation in peace.

You wouldn't need to cope with raiders and unwanted wars. Those whom try to extort cash and tech with threats of War.

Get rid of Happiness penalties I say.  Allow those who wish to build in peace. To do so.