Naval Blockade With Less Then 1000 Land

murtibing

Today I received a naval blockade despite having less than 1000 miles of land at the time of the blockade. My total land is below 1000 miles due to the negative modifier from "Anti Land Expansion" senate proposal.

My level of land at the time of the blockade:

948.834 mile diameter.
0.157 in purchases, -316.227 in modifiers, 1,264.904 in growth

And the message about blockade:

To: murtibing    From: nikko    Date: 4/4/2016 12:37:06 AM

Subject: Naval Blockade

Message: A naval blockade has been placed against your nation. This blockade will reduce your next tax collection by 4.82%. Together with any previous blockades your next tax collection will be reduced by a total of 28.72%. Any existing peace offers that were on the table have been automatically canceled.

Edited by murtibing

You still have 1,264.904 in growth

My total land was 948.834 mile diameter due to the negative modifier from senate proposal.

In the past I was fighting against someone who had more then 1k land in growth, but less then 1k land total due to the negative modifier (from random event I suppose) and I was not able to blockade him or activate a battle support against him due to him not having at least 1k land total.

Additionally, a battle support is being used against me as well, while I have less than 1k total land:

To: murtibing    From: nikko    Date: 4/4/2016 1:37:11 AM

Subject: Battle Report

You lost 11,867 soldiers and 0 tanks. You killed 9,879 soldiers and 1,568 tanks. Their forces razed 0.035 miles of your land, destroyed 28.103 technology, and destroyed 112.413 infrastructure. Their forces destroyed $1,000,000.00 of your money and you gained $0.00 in your enemy's abandoned equipment.

In the end the battle was a Defeat. Any existing peace offers that were on the table have been automatically canceled.

The damage to technology is 13% higher then it should be with 19870 tech and WRC (he has no Forward Operating Bases). Which coincides with nikko being able to have 13 landing ships at his infra level.

Edited by murtibing

My total land was 948.834 mile diameter due to the negative modifier from senate proposal.

In the past I was fighting against someone who had more then 1k land in growth, but less then 1k land total due to the negative modifier (from random event I suppose) and I was not able to blockade him or activate a battle support against him due to him not having at least 1k land total.

Additionally, a battle support is being used against me as well, while I have less than 1k total land:

The damage to technology is 13% higher then it should be with 19870 tech and WRC (he has no Forward Operating Bases). Which coincides with nikko being able to have 13 landing ships at his infra level.

It must not adjust it for team proposals  when the naval attack calcs are taken into consideration, so that actually might need to be changed in the code to make team proposals and nation events consistent if that's happened on your own attempts against similar nations.

I've noticed with naval operations, negative modifiers don't help prevent naval attacks. So if you're over 1k not including the modifiers, you can't escape naval attacks with nation events or team proposals. Not sure if this is intentional or not.

I'd agree that it is intentional if modifiers correspond to purchased land, not growth. It may be a bug that the modifiers aren't 0 with 0 purchased land. 

Edited by Samwise

Thanks for the report. The bug has been corrected (its suppose to use all modifiers but wasn't accounting for that team proposal). I've reversed the effects of the two blockades against your nation from yesterday and today.