Imperial Decree - New Polar Order

• Replies 284
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That said, I have serious reservations when the worst lot in our history (yes, I'm talking about the idiots who were already fighting SNX) is cheering on NpO.  It kind of sours the whole thing and makes me think maybe, just maybe, the whole damn thing is ill-conceived.

I'm cheering for NpO as they will be giving me more stronger nuclear targets to hit which should stop hippys like Devialance for example from crying about it every 5 seconds.

But you're attempting some nice reverse psychology there so kudos for that.

I can't believe this is what has became of my MCXA!.

A once proud prosperous alliance reduced to nothing more than a shell of its former self.

For myself, I would see the upper-tier in flower again, and the Imperium in peace: MCXA or LoSS again as of old, full of light, high and fair, beautiful as a queen among other queens: not a mistress of many slaves, nay, not even a kind mistress of willing slaves.

War must be, while we defend our sovereignty against destroyers who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend: the Imperium of Four Civilizations; and I would have her loved for her memory, her ancientry, her beauty, and her present wisdom. Not feared, save as men may fear the dignity of a man, old and wise.

War must be, while we defend our sovereignty against destroyers who would devour all

No, not all. It's just about you. A noose you've been creating for yourself, and unfortunately for those unwilling to open their eyes to the truth around them, your alliance. You, yourself, have pushed too many people. They all defend you for your actions, it's not their sovereignty in danger from anyone but you.

No, not all. It's just about you. A noose you've been creating for yourself, and unfortunately for those unwilling to open their eyes to the truth around them, your alliance. You, yourself, have pushed too many people. They all defend you for your actions, it's not their sovereignty in danger from anyone but you.

Thanks for regurgitating Polar's propaganda, but you are being deliberately disingenuous considering one of your allies who also happen to be connected to Doom was under threat.

Thanks for regurgitating Polar's propaganda, but you are being deliberately disingenuous considering one of your allies who also happen to be connected to Doom was under threat.

We were also under threat. The thing is, if Ray is regurgitating Polar's propaganda, then Polar's propaganda in this case is true.

The same propaganda that I was "regurgitating" while SNX was under Polar protection where my words about you and your damage to SNX (and everything you've touched along the way) was constant. Did I pre-regurgitate? Or perhaps Polar regurgitated my propaganda? 

Either way, a lot of regurgitating. And you're in the middle of it. 

giphy.gif

Junka has been alot less annoying as leader of SnX than he was as a regular member of NpO.

Just saying...

So this attack by Polar is entirely unwarranted, and their freshly upgraded treaty will be activated to bail them out since he isn't at fault ...................

Was nice knowing you Polar. 

There are less 500 word producerist manifesto posts in every topic now, that counts for something I assume :P

Also I am not in DK and cannot comment on activating treaties.

Edited by berbers

Some could say you saw the writing on the wall and offered an "upgrade" so you wouldn't be forced to defend SNX.

Congrats :)

If we saw the writing on the wall (and I'm not saying we didn't :P ) it was actually months ago.  However changing the status of relationships can take time.  We also have no control what other alliances do and when and this can affect our response.

I hope they do defend their close friends, it would be better than abandoning Junka on a very recent optional clause upgrade.

I personally couldn't stand Junka prior and during the Doom War.  I have not pretended that the SNX-DK relationship started anything more than a sort of business deal based on tech trading. or an old-style protection for support type of treaty.  When I first was introduced to this planet, those were actually rather common.

Since that time I've gotten to know Junka better, including both his skills and lack there of.  He has my respect for the skills he has.  A good alliance leader also realizes what skills he or she does not have and delegates those to someone who can do better.  I, for instance, am not the type of person I would put in charge of setting up an alliance wide tech dealing plan.  Thank admin. Lord Hershey is really good in that department.   That's the advice I have passed along to him.  Delegate the jobs he is not good at.  He can take it or leave it as he is his own person.

Hey, you never said there was any rules to the wager :P

You would assume a recent protector and protectorate would have a close bond.

I believe you are confusing a protectorate treaty with an M level treaty.  Doom Kingdom has a number of protectorates and very few M level treaties.  Some of our protectorates are very close, some of them are more about business. 

The first alliance I had a government position in was essentially a "tech farm" for a much larger group.  It is an ancient and honorable business.  However, I can understand why SNX would want to move beyond that with us and obviously we wanted to as well.

NpO, if you REALLY want to screw with Junka, declare on Methrage, Monsters Inc, and aNiMaLz too. Forcing them to work together to fight a common enemy would be hilarious.

I do find this suggestion amusing.  However they are tech trading with Methrage and aNiMaLz and since I just said that I can understand the economic benefits and we have no treaty with NpO where we could ask them not to based on the fact that we are allies, I doubt they will either stop tech trading or declare on them.

Edited by White Chocolate