Siberian Tiger Alliance Announcement

That's sad in so many ways, STA was my home away from home and I had great days there.

This is one more sign that the end days are coming.

I'll miss you guys and girls a lot and even if we weren't in touch I always knew that you guys were there, now this feeling is gone. I wish a great life for you all that are leaving.

Za Sabir! o/

gI2HzDV.png

Tyga, you always will be my favorite n00b :P

Edited by D34th

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I made this giant post but it got deleted.  I have been playing this game for a while and have pretty much seen it all short of actually leading an alliance.  I can't think of any other alliance that would go to bat for their allies other than STA.  We weren't the perfect alliance, we made some mistakes and we didn't have a lot of allies, but I'll be dammed if we didn't back up our allies.  I am proud to have played with you guys and shed pixels for my fellow Tigers.  Za Sibir'

I always knew and accepted that I was going to be a soldier when I started this game 8 years ago and have seen and played a lot of roles in this game.  I never participated in politics because the people who posted vitriolic, but I can say this, give it up to NPO for winning this game.  When I saw Pacifica burn, I had a feeling they were going to come back.  Here we are today, a full 25 points ahead of the second alliance in this game.  Congratulations.  No alliance is going to try and take you down since the ones that can are your sheep and will call when you command.  And sure as hell the neutrals will not ally and try to take you down. 

To give a lord of the rings analogy, Pacifica is Sauron, the ring wraiths are your sheep alliances, Neutral's are the Dwarves who don't do anything.  Except, Human and Elven Alliances are all dead and defeated since Frodo goofed and lost the ring.  Now the one ring has returned and Pacifica rules again.   Congratulations.  You win.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vOulsEGvSCo

-omfg

tl;dr STA is the best alliance ever.

Edited by omfghi2u2

Family. That is what STA truly is to me and to TPF. If not for a visit to Steve and having fun with Reiff I certainly would have left this world much earlier. I thank all of you from the bottom of my cold heart for the friendship. The STA treaty was my greatest accomplishment and my greatest joy.

Good luck my family!

To Hell and back!

Za Sabir!

Wait, what?  Did I miss something important?

Thanks to the STA for making a home.  Thanks to our allies who stood beside us, and to those foes who fought with class!

Za Sibir'!

PS: Don't forget your agenda, Tyga. You'll find it all by it's lonesome in the now empty twinkie safe. 

....wait, that was Tyga's agenda?!  Man, that changes my whole perspective on Planet Bob.  Wow.

Edited by Eregor

That's two alliances Oculus has fought, and has disbanded post war.

Farewell STA, your alliance was as respectable as they come on Planet Bob.

I know you love the sound of your own voice, at least as much as I do, but to blame anyone outside the failed alliances in question is simply drawing too long a bow.  The decision to disband is always made within the alliance, it comes a result of a desire to turn off the life-support machines.  You can not kill what refuses to be killed and you can not save that which refuses to continue.  These alliances gave up, it is their right to do so, but it is also not anyone's responsibility but their own.

I know this doesn't suit your snappy rhetoric, but if I wanted to disband your dung heap alliance by force I would require your complete cooperation.  Interested?

I know you love the sound of your own voice, at least as much as I do, but to blame anyone outside the failed alliances in question is simply drawing too long a bow.  The decision to disband is always made within the alliance, it comes a result of a desire to turn off the life-support machines.  You can not kill what refuses to be killed and you can not save that which refuses to continue.  These alliances gave up, it is their right to do so, but it is also not anyone's responsibility but their own.

I know this doesn't suit your snappy rhetoric, but if I wanted to disband your dung heap alliance by force I would require your complete cooperation.  Interested?

We wouldn't cooperate.

And per your comment, that was a rather snappy remark considering it was simply a basic, factual observation.

More-and-more I mistake you and Junka for being one-and-the-same.

Edited by Lord Hitchcock

This is true, Oculus had nothing to do with STA's decision to disband. I'm not sure Lord Hitchcock even implied they did. I took his comment as a general observation rather than an accusation.

But, if we are talking of drawing long bows, then I'd say calling the STA or TPF "failed alliances" is drawing a particularly long bow. Both alliances have gone out on their own terms albeit in different ways after the best part of a decade of existence.

With regards to my agenda, it appears it was a small clump of cat fur and an empty twinkie wrapper. A great mystery of the Cyberverse solved.

Edited by Tygaland

This is true, Oculus had nothing to do with STA's decision to disband. I'm not sure Lord Hitchcock even implied they did. I took his comment as a general observation rather than an accusation.

But, if we are talking of drawing long bows, then I'd say calling the STA or TPF "failed alliances" is drawing a particularly long bow. Both alliances have gone out on their own terms albeit in different ways after the best part of a decade of existence.

With regards to my agenda, it appears it was a small clump of cat fur and an empty twinkie wrapper. A great mystery of the Cyberverse solved.

It was not an accusation. I know STA is very old- and I know you're tired. Going out with a 'bang' is the blessing all of us hope to do. I just wish (personally) it was more in your favor.

I can't say/feel enough great things / respect for you Tyga. Even a lot of the old timers I associate with- hold you in high regards. And given the history of this world, that takes a lot!