"an Iron Curtain Has Descended Across The Continent"

ca892442-787f-4f2f-8c3a-7760d416465b_zps0c796bca-c529-4b5d-9576-fc8747fa0864_zps

The IRON Curtain

Preamble

The North Atlantic Treaty Organization (NATO) and the Independent Republic of Orange Nations (IRON) hereby establish a buffer between themselves and the Soviet Union.

Article I: Non-Aggression and Security

NATO and IRON hereby pledge to refrain from taking up arms against one another. Both signatories will refrain from the use of espionage against the other. Should either signatory come into possession of information regarding the infringement of the other’s security by the Soviets, they are required to promptly share with the other.

Article II: Checkpoint Charlie

NATO and IRON have established defenses along our shared borders with the Soviet Union. Should the Soviets approach either of our borders with hostility, the other will respond in kind. Should either NATO or IRON come under attack as the result of venturing through Checkpoint Charlie of their own volition, the other signatory is encouraged but not required to respond.

Article III: Aggression

If either signatory believes it prudent to move against the East aggressively, turning the Cold War into a full fledged conflict, the other signatory may take up arms and join them if they believe it to be in their best interests. 

Article IV: Tear Down This Wall

Should Mr. Gorbachev decide to tear down the wall "separating" the East from the West, the signatories will celebrate the end of this era with a drink, shake hands, and decide that the Curtain is no longer needed. This discussion will take place in private.

Signed for the North Atlantic Treaty Organization,

Tsayka, Secretary General
Da DreadLord, Secretary of Foreign Affairs

asapilu, Secretary of Defense

Lonabis, Secretary of Enlistment

Signed for the Independent Republic of Orange Nations,
The Warrior, President, IRON Councilor
Rhizoctonia, Secretary of State, IRON Councilor
Blade 619, Minister of Defense, IRON Councilor
Hertt, Minister of Internal Affairs, IRON Councilor
Mandarijn, Minister of the Vault, IRON Councilor

I happen to like both NATO and IRON, so I should hail this.

On the other hand, we are in the USSR, as a Red alliance.

This may get complicated.

o/

Find someone to sign the Spectre Haunting Europe Accords with. That'll show them.

Also congrats guys

Glad to finally have this announced. It's been a long time in the making.

Tsayka and I will now consummate the relationship. Everyone, avert your eyes.

Too late, I was unable to avert.

I will now need years of therapy.  Or copious amounts of alcohol, whichever is cheaper.

Obligatory o/ allies.