It's Arrived

Amossio

so has the politics of Bob now turned into a kumbaya hippy hipster fest where you all joined hands and &@£! each other off. Where's the hatred gone to make things juicy, it's like peace paradise, it's like being back in the q! The last war wasn't even interesting enough to make a comeback, utter bullshit, oculus might as well sign a neutrality agreement.

Edited by Amossio

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

so has the politics of Bob now turned into a kumbaya hippy hipster fest where you all joined hands and &@£! each other off. Where's the hatred gone to make things juicy, it's like peace paradise, it's like being back in the q! The last war wasn't even interesting enough to make a comeback, utter !@#$%^&*, oculus might as well sign a neutrality agreement.

I still hate every body. But no one wants conflict anymore because :gag: feelings get hurt  :gag: , retires relics like us while the masses still cry for "activity" ... 

so has the politics of Bob now turned into a kumbaya hippy hipster fest where you all joined hands and &@£! each other off. Where's the hatred gone to make things juicy, it's like peace paradise, it's like being back in the q! The last war wasn't even interesting enough to make a comeback, utter !@#$%^&*, oculus might as well sign a neutrality agreement.

Theory: tell your pixel hugging alliance to actually do something against your enemies instead of signing treaties with them.

http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?/topic/126921-giving-colour-some-bite/

Just plugging this some more. Should piss enough people off that the treaty web becomes less GPA, more pre-karma NPO

That might be able to work if you're alliance didn't treaty every major AA on every color. It is just more crap to try and give yourself extra perks late in the game. Instead of treatying every AA that could be a threat, why don't you go to war with them till their not a threat without needing 30+ vs. 1 odds. Edited by rileyaddaff

Theory: tell your pixel hugging alliance to actually do something against your enemies instead of signing treaties with them.

Just a theory mate, don't work in practise

Be the change you want to see.

I was making an observation, anything else requires effort.

Just a theory mate, don't work in practise

I was making an observation, anything else requires effort.

It very likely would work in practice, but then again, that'd require something out of Umbrella besides stat collecting.

Edited by Mogar

It very likely would work in practice, but then again, that'd require something out of Umbrella besides stat collecting.

No it wouldn't work in practise, if you want let me prove it right now.

Roq will you be happy to hit NPO, IRON and just about anyone I have a personal dislike based on petty BS?

I still hate every body. But no one wants conflict anymore because :gag: feelings get hurt  :gag: , retires relics like us while the masses still cry for "activity" ... 

Dude I know the feeling, relics :( I feel you man. HELP ME

Umbrella used to stand for something back when you made sure to keep NPO down after the Karma War, really its Umbrella who killed CN grudges when they allied NPO. Then it was just former NPO & NpO allies left to rolled for the lulz & no real threats other than those within.

No it wouldn't work in practise, if you want let me prove it right now.

Roq will you be happy to hit NPO, IRON and just about anyone I have a personal dislike based on petty BS?

You aren't going to pretend like your alliance doesn't have several alliances that you'd find popular support amongst your membership to roll, mine's probably on that list tbh.

You aren't going to pretend like your alliance doesn't have several alliances that you'd find popular support amongst your membership to roll, mine's probably on that list tbh.

TPF is the one I'm sure everyone pretty much dislikes, other than that I'm clueless as you. 

TPF is the one I'm sure everyone pretty much dislikes, other than that I'm clueless as you. 

So I'm guessing NPO is asking everyone else in Oculus to let them fight TPF on their own? Honorable move on their part and it lets them get some more competitive war practice in.

You'd do us all a big solid if you stopped treatying every micro aa with more than three people in it.

Also you're in the biggest NS freezing organization in CN; your membership is tacit approval of the present state of affairs.

Bloody hell, same bs, different day. I now rep umbrella fa, I've made it mj. 

Are you being kept against your will? Listening to you complain about the lack of activity is like listening to someone in GPA complain about all the peace. If you want activity, find a different AA, otherwise stop complaining about a situation you support with your nation and its military strength.

Are you being kept against your will? Listening to you complain about the lack of activity is like listening to someone in GPA complain about all the peace. If you want activity, find a different AA, otherwise stop complaining about a situation you support with your nation and its military strength.

Mate, free will, haha, if you are reading this you are a doughnut. 

Maybe if Mogar, you and I, spent the most precious commodity, time, more efficiently. We wouldn't be having this awkward convo right now. ;)

Umbrella used to stand for something back when you made sure to keep NPO down after the Karma War, really its Umbrella who killed CN grudges when they allied NPO. Then it was just former NPO & NpO allies left to rolled for the lulz & no real threats other than those within.

You hit on an interesting point here, but I disagree. The thing with  years long grudges is, you constantly need to be able to  maintain  the emotion behind them, the support for maintaining them, and  keep any diplomatic breakthroughs from happening, essentially thwarting any potential rapprochement. This requires outright avoiding diplomacy with certain alliances. Given the nature of the game where people see war as a way to make new friends  a lot of the time, if only one alliance continues to hold a grudge and it becomes entirely one-sided, and everyone else advocates for moving on,  an alliance will just end up alienating its allies by pursuing an agenda they don't  want to support or won't support even reluctantly. Consequently, almost no one will do that because it's cutting off your nose to spite your face.

You brought up the NPO case and our stance towards NPO was always contingent on our direct bilateral relations with them rather than just going with the mainstream community verdict(this includes your own stance where you opposed our anti-NPO agenda) at any time, which carried penalties including alienating allies and allies of allies in addition to the community at some points. Our direct bilateral relations eventually improved and we changed our stance. This will happen in most cases.  The only way for the things you'd like to be sustainable is for there to be two or more long-term groups of relatively even sides that can't outright exterminate the others that refuse to do cross ties even among the fringe elements. This won't and never will happen since it would require impersonal stances where people don't soften up to former opponents or seek to co-opt former opponents. Given the general trend of former enemies treatying, I don't think Umbrella-NPO was the grudge killer.

An alliance that ends up maintaining one-sided grudges for its own sake for years and ends up acting on them or trying to act becomes what amounts to a rogue actor and they're an easy villain to pick off, which doesn't really change the situation post piling on the villain alliance. The suggestion where it's suggested that x should just pick a specific alliance to fight unilaterally without any recent tensions or support build-up would just make whoever does it a curbstomp target. That doesn't really change anything and a similar situation to the present one would come right back into being just with one less alliance. 

There is no in-game reason to fight so it's all based on feuds that we create and those become exhausted over time. The people who shaped them often take their leave, which results in less emotion being involved.

Amossio speaks from the standpoint of someone who occasionally pops into the game rather than someone who has to make decisions on an alliance's behalf or even an engaged player, so he's purely a spectator and I don't think his OOC entertainment perspective which he's entitled to has anything to do with the particular alliances he's been affiliated with as you could find detached players from all corners who'd say similar things.

Edited by Monster

IRON still needs to be rolled so there's that.

How'd you end up loosing tech in peace time? Anyway, I understand you're upset after MK sent you to suck up to us for months to get a treaty but ended up getting rolled a few months later and then having your rogue party interrupted and having to suck it up again oh, and then getting rolled again. Sure, we made mistakes, big & horrible mistakes, it was our job to fix them, I suppose we fixed those to certain extent to people that mattered to us. In all honesty, you cant expect us to give two !@#$% about your opinion and I would'nt expect anything else the other way around either. We made errors, it was your job to capitalise on them, you failed again. Well, I suppose the only thing you had going during all this time was the free tech, that was taken away too, so yea, I can understand all the butt-hurt with all the incompetency in politics and getting caught with hands in the jar with nation building. As always, I wish you the worst of luck. 

Edited by shahenshah