Re-establishing the gentleman's agreement. The Dos and Donts

Roman Empire has always followed the unknown gentlemen's agreement in good faith. It's why we admire alliances like Defcon, where Cowboy has fought endlessly to ensure that our planet steve is a safe-haven for fun and activity.

Of course there are other alliances out there like TDO (cough cough Cazaric) who do not view the gentlemen's agreement as a neccessary step to maintain a fun and active field for all participants.

And while RE is not the 'moral police'... by any stretch, we hope that other alliances will follow suit on a convention that has been abused in the past rounds.

Here are a couple of golden agreements I would like to highlight:

1) No Down declares the first 30 days. Down declare meaning,NMT 80% less than your NS.

2) No nukes the first 30 days... back a few rounds ago, TDO pulled a fast one on D1 and RE and bought nukes day 1 and we had to push through the round. dirty bastards.

3) No picking on Misfits

4) Do not abuse the privilege (krabz, although you're not here this round).

5) Alliance wars should be fought based on AA NS and history. For example, Citidale, find new targets outside of a tag team on OP/misfits or your NLoN war.

6) Always keeps a warchest. Not just for defense, but because it's fun when your opponents fight back.

7) no join-or-die accords (atlas did this a few rounds ago, it didn't work out)

8) no dirty spy ops... or blockades

9) It's OKAY to haze Cazaric, he's been the poster child for dirty/unfair war fair.

10) idolize Cowboy for sticking up for your rights as a nation.

11) if the Nighmare movement ever come back to planet steve, it is okay to gang up on them as a world unity exercise. 

Edited by Lord Hitchcock

Roman Empire has always followed the unknown gentlemen's agreement in good faith. It's why we admire alliances like Defcon, where Cowboy has fought endlessly to ensure that our planet steve is a safe-haven for fun and activity.

Of course there are other alliances out there like TDO (cough cough Cazaric) who do not view the gentlemen's agreement as a neccessary step to maintain a fun and active field for all participants.

And while RE is not the 'moral police'... by any stretch, we hope that other alliances will follow suit on a convention that has been abused in the past rounds.

1) No Down declares the first 30 days. Down declare meaning,NMT 80% less than your NS.

2) No nukes the first 30 days... back a few rounds ago, TDO pulled a fast one on D1 and RE and bought nukes day 1 and we had to push through the round. dirty bastards.

3) No picking on Misfits

5) Alliance wars should be fought based on AA NS and history. For example, Citidale, find new targets outside of a tag team on OP/misfits or your NLoN war.

6) Always keeps a warchest. Not just for defense, but because it's fun when your opponents fight back.

9) It's OKAY to haze Cazaric, he's been the poster child for dirty/unfair war fair.

11) if the Nighmare movement ever come back to planet steve, it is okay to gang up on them as a world unity exercise.

1. Downdeclares suck all round, but especially at start up, so we agree

2. I like nukes! But we agree unless number 1 happens

3. Ohhhhh, great idea! Haha!

4. Ok

5. Come on now.... TE just wouldn't be the same without Citadel hitting NLoN as a first war.

6. Yes yes yes yes yes

7. Join or die! You have been warned :p

8. Agreed, unless downdeclared on

9. Caz has been getting fairer every round, he's learning

10. o/ Cowboy

11. The gentlemans agreement does not stand for them

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA :D this is hilarious :D

don't down declare

don't be a dick

no dirty spy ops or blockades (unless in retaliation or agreement of both alliances)

don't gang up on NLoN to hide your down declare on another smaller alliance

don't declare on an alliance 3 days out of war

RE has followed none of those rules, Defcon 1 follows them when it suits them and defend them when it suits them, Krabz has followed all of them never broke one.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA :D this is hilarious :D

don't down declare

don't be a dick

no dirty spy ops or blockades (unless in retaliation or agreement of both alliances)

RE has followed none of those rules, Defcon 1 follows them when it suits them and defend them when it suits them, Krabz has followed all of them never broke one.

This is false, you clearly violated section 4, by intentionally not building up for your death blow and abusing the system by free-loading on the good-faith of other well-endowed alliances.

Edited by Lord Hitchcock

This is false, you clearly violated section 4, by intentionally not building up for your death blow and abusing the system by free-loading on the good-faith of other well-established alliances.

you have lost this argument before, as I have proved you wrong on this point and other lies you told, want me to do it again and make this thread about it?, be my guest.

Otherwise, I believe there is a sentence somewhere in this forum you should be going back to.

to the topic at hand, fine rules, if RE starts following them would be great.

Edited by Robert Baratheon I

I know everyone would disagree with me on this one, but I will add No raids, even if it remains for a couple of rounds, we should be encouraging new alliances and new players not raiding them when they try to build, you can live without a couple of xp points for the greater good.

I know everyone would disagree with me on this one, but I will add No raids, even if it remains for a couple of rounds, we should be encouraging new alliances and new players not raiding them when they try to build, you can live without a couple of xp points for the greater good.

i agree with this- however, i think unaligned nations should be raided... if it is a new player, then it's a learning curve to show them the benefits of being in an AA

Edited by Lord Hitchcock

With the number of people who mention me in posts, and people with my name in their nation name or slogan, I appear to be a celebrity.

You have been spared for your misdeeds. obviously you were clueless in prior rounds and I hope that you are now conditioned to be welcomed back into our community with open arms.

If both parties agree to it then sure.

No point for dirty spy ops in TE though, it doesn't help in battle it only cripples your opponent, that's not gentlemeny :D .

Peace is a lie, so is gentlemen agreements.

3) No picking on Misfits

I'll follow none of your rules. You can try and make me if you want. This is a war game not a "gentlemans" game. LOL Edited by Staccs

3) No picking on Misfits

1, how about no downdeclares?

2. i will buy my nukes whenever the fuck i want.

3. i don't think this will be a problem this round, seeing as the reason Misfits was always getting smashed (kaboom), is no longer their leader.  i for one am glad to see the regime change, it's long overdue. 

4. "abuse the privilege"?  could you elaborate?

5. as per the NDO charter, "we roll who we want, when we want".  we try to keep it fair.

6. great rule.  it would be nice if people followed it.

7. don't think we're gonna have a problem here

8. this rule is going to get broken immediately and we'll have the customary 5-6 threads of bitching about it that we always do, it's like a TE tradition at this point.  i don't like dirty spyops or blockades, and i don't use them unless in retaliation.

9. Cazaric's cool.  after reading this rule, i started seeing your thread as a troll thread.

10. Cowboy's cool.  but, no, he's not going to be idolized.

11. Planet Steve's low population seems to preclude this.

[...]

don't down declare

don't be a dick

Oh right. That was us.

[spoiler]jvsIqgz.gif[/spoiler]

and this is why Eurasia no longer exists

We are allies with Eurasia. We have always been allies with Eurasia.

... er, wait.

We are part of Defcon 1. We have always been part of Defcon 1.

Wait, that's not it.

Eurasia does not exist. Eurasia has never existed.

No... One more time:

Eurasia exists. Eurasia has always existed.

There we go.

Also,

Eurasia has not signed on to the gentlemen's agreement. Eurasia has never been part of the gentlemen's agreement.

Am I getting good at this Big Brother thing?

Oh right. That was us.

[spoiler]jvsIqgz.gif[/spoiler]

We are allies with Eurasia. We have always been allies with Eurasia.

... er, wait.

We are part of Defcon 1. We have always been part of Defcon 1.

Wait, that's not it.

Eurasia does not exist. Eurasia has never existed.

No... One more time:

Eurasia exists. Eurasia has always existed.

There we go.

Also,

Eurasia has not signed on to the gentlemen's agreement. Eurasia has never been part of the gentlemen's agreement.

Am I getting good at this Big Brother thing?

For any practical purpose, Eurasia doesn't exist.  Most of you absorbed into D1, we all know that.

For any practical purpose, Eurasia doesn't exist.  Most of you absorbed into D1, we all know that.

Which was a surprising choice. I mean, I liked Eurasia.

EDIT: I like Eurasia, for it exists; it has always existed. Edited by Cazaric

Which was a surprising choice. I mean, I liked Eurasia.

EDIT: I like Eurasia, for it exists; it has always existed.

...they were easy XP...

EDIT... are easy XP.  transcendental existence.  and stuff.

Edited by Nick GhostWolf