A Valentine from TPF

HailSatan

Still not 100% though fella.

Only sure that you're casualties speak for themselves. Edited by Judge X

• Replies 583
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Only sure that you're casualties speak for themselves.

Mate, what are you on about? earlier you weren't sure if I had a nation, now you're sure that my 4th re-roll nation casualties are speaking to you, whaaaaa?

Have fun on your way out, your last hurrah and all, hahahaha

One thing that surprises me is the fact that no NPO nation has attacked me. As of today it's been two NG'ers and Red. Not that I mind fighting anyone, but after attacking two NPO nations I just figured they would want to retaliate in person.

When has Pacifica ever done anything for themselves?  They always send their peons to do their dirty work.  And their peons are always happy to do it - until Pacifica decides they are no longer useful and throw them to the wolves.

Pacifica is bloat and decadence, a fat, useless king sending his minions to do his bidding.

Edited by HeroofTime55

Maybe TPF were capable over the years of generating enough hatred of their own actions that some are happy to pile in? It's all well and good playing the victim now but it doesn't erase their own past behaviour.

Is that you saying past alliance behaviour lives with the current alliance forever? No redeeming? Interesting... seeing what flag you fly. Interesting.

GK

When has Pacifica ever done anything for themselves?  They always send their peons to do their dirty work.  And their peons are always happy to do it - until Pacifica decides they are no longer useful and throw them to the wolves.

Pacifica is bloat and decadence, a fat, useless king sending his minions to do his bidding.

The problem with your arguments here are the facts. 100% of the wars TPF nations are currently engaged in are with NPO nations. Yes, NG got in a few hits of their own since Feb 14 (15 wars compared to 193 with Pacifica), as did Red (formerly an NPO IO, not a "peon"), but to claim that other alliances are doing the work here is false.

Is that you saying past alliance behaviour lives with the current alliance forever? No redeeming? Interesting... seeing what flag you fly. Interesting.

GK

Depends on your definition I suppose. I guess we do lay claim as successor state to the history and baggage for good or ill of NoR v1.0 and NoV to some extent. I may be mistaken but I believe TPF have a continuous unbroken lineage from its founding and is therefore very much owner of its own actions. After all, they can't whinge about their and NPOs past as the reason for this ragequit war while disavowing the rest of their past and actions.

Depends on your definition I suppose. I guess we do lay claim as successor state to the history and baggage for good or ill of NoR v1.0 and NoV to some extent. I may be mistaken but I believe TPF have a continuous unbroken lineage from its founding and is therefore very much owner of its own actions. After all, they can't whinge about their and NPOs past as the reason for this ragequit war while disavowing the rest of their past and actions.

Wow, serving in gov from 2007 to 2016... That's a huge commitment! We've had regular members (like me) stick around for close to that long, but we haven't had any contentiously serving gov members in that time.

Edited by leeguy

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I haven't been following this, when should I expect a victory declaration? 

Damage            Inflicted Damage              Taken          Ratio
TPF & Friends      1,756,360                  1,036,896      1.69

You mean TPF and Friends victory ? 

One NPO leader change, was it because of this, maybe, If not then the timing was rather odd. 

We may not be destroying NPO in a typical war, but we are sure making tech deals cost a lot more or making the timing off a bit. Slots for tech are now for war aid.  It adds up after a while. 

• 2 weeks later...

TsWGlAx.jpg?1

TL;DR:

NPO getting their butt handed to them by a much smaller (yet much fiercer) alliance who chose to take the honourable way out.

Also hilarious is JaggerRiver trying to poach our membership (we ain't dead yet), trying to form an unauthorized embassy with us and now just sucking up to us at every opportunity. Class, pure class right there.

And what happened to NPO btw? I'm seeing nations several years old repeatedly making amateur mistakes that even I didn't make when I first forged my nation on Bob. These are people that have had access for years to what is supposedly the greatest military and financial training machine on this earth and yet their vaunted war machine appears to have become a comedy club...

Edited by Delta2642

Please do tell us more about how your seven year old, 5k NS nation with twenty-three wonders is outdamaging those younger, less advanced nations.

I'm not sure going rogue en masse is "the honourable way out" either but I guess that's a matter of opinion.

NPO getting their butt handed to them by a much smaller (yet much fiercer) alliance who chose to take the honourable way out.

First time I've seen going out with a bang phrased as honourable. Suicide is a much more honourable way out, than trying to take everyone with you. Edited by the rebel

First time I've seen going out with a bang phrased as honourable. Suicide is a much more honourable way out, than trying to take everyone with you.

So, its honorable to just tuck tail and run or take the easy way out and commit suicide?   Since this is not honorable in your book, I can deal with that.  

Tech prices going up in NPO to the seller.  Did these nations joined the #1 AA for protection. oh well can't protect everyone... 

So, its honorable to just tuck tail and run or take the easy way out and commit suicide?   Since this is not honorable in your book, I can deal with that.

Honour is just a self imposed label to make you or friends feel better about your self or their self.

Its been stated numerous times that they are doing just that once warchests run out. The former meets their goal sooner than the latter.

Please do tell us more about how your seven year old, 5k NS nation with twenty-three wonders is outdamaging those younger, less advanced nations.

I'm not sure going rogue en masse is "the honourable way out" either but I guess that's a matter of opinion.

Tell you more? My pleasure.

http://www.cybernations.net/nation_drill_display.asp?Nation_ID=536383

936 days old, all spent in NPO. 7 improvements, no wonders. Now down to almost ZI and ZT due to updeclaring me like a boss.

http://www.cybernations.net/nation_drill_display.asp?Nation_ID=547914

769 days old, all in NPO. Smattering of improvements and wonders, yet no MP or SDI. Officer of internal affairs. Not especially internally developed.

http://www.cybernations.net/nation_drill_display.asp?Nation_ID=60658

3438 days old, 2787 spent in NPO. No MP or SDI, seriously under developed for the fact that they're 300 days older than me.

http://www.cybernations.net/nation_drill_display.asp?Nation_ID=580705

228 days old, all spent in NPO. Went for disaster relief instead of MP. Well sir, you keep relieving yourself & I'll make your nation have a disaster.

http://www.cybernations.net/nation_drill_display.asp?Nation_ID=543972

823 days old, 252 in NPO. No MP, no SDI, only a handful of improvements and wonders including distinct lack of MP, SDI, useful stuff etc.

I could go on, but I'll stop for now.

First time I've seen going out with a bang phrased as honourable. Suicide is a much more honourable way out, than trying to take everyone with you.

Ah, but we're not taking "everyone" with us. We're taking the NPO. If your best friend of 7+ years suddenly turns and knifes you in the back, do you roll over and die like a little girl just because they're a 6'7" brick $%&*house and you're not? No, NPO owes us a massive debt of pixels and we are going to make a collection in full. Going into a hopeless fight to defend your position and convictions is the epitome of honour.

Deal with it.

Tell you more? My pleasure.

I could go on, but I'll stop for now.

Yeah, I'd stop too.  All you're doing is reinforcing my point that you're fighting a bunch of nations that are less developed & less equipped for war than your own, so it's hardly suprising that you're outdamaging them.  Unless I'm missing something and you've got some God-like button clicking skills that are boast worthy.

Yeah, I'd stop too.  All you're doing is reinforcing my point that you're fighting a bunch of nations that are less developed & less equipped for war than your own, so it's hardly suprising that you're outdamaging them.  Unless I'm missing something and you've got some God-like button clicking skills that are boast worthy.

That is what war is though, no one is claiming to have "God-like button clicking skills", they are simply claiming to be doing disproportionately well, which they are, no doubt they would accept this is because their nations are better built and they're leading more better prepared attacks.

There is no "skill" in launching attacks, it's all down to luck and how well your nation is built, it is the second part which all alliances like to boast about during war, because that is literally all there is to it.

outdamaging those younger, less advanced nations.

nations that are less developed & less equipped for war

Important distinction you just made there. Since I proved that these aren't just first-day-on-the-job newbies, you just made my point perfectly.

If being in the NPO for hundreds of days (if not a few years) does not teach you to be developed and equipped for war, what on Earth DOES?

Maybe they don't deserve their reputation as one of the 'greatest' alliances on Bob.

Being a great alliance is not about pixel hugging and having more numbers, it's about working together, building a community and above all standing together as one when $£%& hits the fan and you have nothing left to lose but each other.

Something the NPO (and many other alliances too, mind) seem to be rather lacking in these days.

Edit:

Blackatron seems to understand this quite well. It's not 'god-like clicking skills', unless you count being able to log in each day and launch a successful full round of attacks in the correct order/form to do most damage as being such. The building of the nation is to ensure that when the day comes the luck is as in your favour as possible. When you look at the across the board and see the large positive damage ratio we are inflicting on the NPO, then think that we are a group of maybe ~35 nations doing it to a group of 435 nations, yes it is utterly disproportionate and speaks volumes about the state of the NPO (and possibly Bob as a whole if you take NPO as an analogy for the re-established hegemony)

Edited by Delta2642