A Valentine from TPF

HailSatan

• Replies 583
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well :;nods to smurf:: I would love for them to clarify.  Like I said thats the backroom chatter ive heard from a few people.  That doesnt mean its true... it could totally be false.  But its even what ive picked up from a couple of tpfers going on about being at war for 'years'.

That could just be chest thumping.  But it raises eyebrows and imo means TPF should clarify their stance and goal on the issue.

As officially an unofficial spokesman, go fuck yourself and the horse you rode in on.I was reactivated for defense of the Federation. It's our last party and you can cry if you want to. If you h haven't been around for 10 years then it's your problem. No one owes you an explanation. So unless your fixing to use that pretty mouth for something useful I fully expect you to keep posting your useless Bob killing rhetoric.

Fix the problem we are leaving because of! That is our message our reason! NPO has become the embodiment of the plague afflicting this world. Are they the worst? Maybe. Are they they only? Fuck no! Yet they are our personal farewell message. You squabble over the dumbest shit I swear! We hemorrhage hundreds of nations a day because of them and you! As you've aged here on Bob you did not become stewards to grow Bob! All you area is necrophiles. Feeding off of a dying planet, clamoring over each other to see who is on top of all their dead friends bones. Filth...

Well :;nods to smurf:: I would love for them to clarify.  Like I said thats the backroom chatter ive heard from a few people.  That doesnt mean its true... it could totally be false.  But its even what ive picked up from a couple of tpfers going on about being at war for 'years'.

That could just be chest thumping.  But it raises eyebrows and imo means TPF should clarify their stance and goal on the issue.

We don't need to clarify anything to you.

Hi lee.  I'll respond to you and not judge, since judge doesnt look too capable of stringing together intelligent thoughts.

You do not need to clarify anything.  None of us 'need' to do anything. 

But i'm not sure why you would refuse to do so.  If you do intend eternal war are you embarrassed by that fact?   If you aren't why not share it.

If there is no eternal war, but people are genuinely concerned since they are being told TPF intends that, why not set the record straight as a common courtesy.

As a sovereign alliance no one can 'make' you do anything. 

I, and I suspect others, are concerned by the rumors of TPF planning eternal war.  It puts an entirely different spin on the war and how people interpret it.  

Just like you are free to not care what people think of eternal war, I and others are free to feel that to pursue such an action would be a dishonorable blot on your otherwise fine alliance.  We are free to think that too as sovereign individuals.

::shrugs:.  I suppose your default response can be anger or rage.  But frankly I found judges response a bit silly.  Whats so secret about this?  Either you dont intend eternal war, and ill apologize and wish you well.  Or you do and are apparently embarrassed to admit it.

Or tldr: You don't need to clarify anything to me.  But if you don't, I am JUST as free to call you out for being honorless losers.

Edited by OsRavan

A little hard to strong together well on an elliptical. If you don't get the basics of my reason, I speak for no one in TPF, who cares.

I'll war until either NPO surrenders to me or I run out of cash.

Well Judge X's response was a little more abrasive then I would have put it, but it's basically what it is.

If you're wondering if this is just going to be 3 weeks where we fire off all our nukes and go on our ways, I'm afraid that's not what it is.

I wouldn't say eternal in that we intend for it to last forever, or that we're going to prolong it as much as we can. Some of us have sizable warchests that we want to put to use (not me so much, however). I really don't know how long this war will last, it could be a few months, it could be a year or longer. It all depends on how dedicated people are. We're not going to play tricks or use lots of strategy to prolong the war, it will last so long as a single nation is willing to call themselves a member of The Phoenix Federation - and that's basically it.

As far as our reputation, tarnishing it, being labeled as scum, feeling ashamed, for $%&@s sake, it's 38 vs ~400 plus whoever they want to fight on their behalf. And honestly, what's the big deal of a reputation or legacy anyway? We won't be around to be advantaged or disadvantaged by our reputation in the future, and frankly I don't know that I'll lose any sleep because people think less of us. 

Edited by memoryproblems

Nor should you lose sleep.

A war of several months is normal and fine.

A war of years?  If you are telling me it is now accepted on bob for alliances to pre-empt other alliances (whatever the justification) and deny them an honorable peace for years on end?  I have an issue with that.  I find any individual to do that to be not just damaging the planet (far more than NPO or oculus could ever do) but to lack honor.

Big or small, friend or enemy, I will call out any alliance that attempts to wage multi year wars of aggression.   Period.

IMO trying to obscure the facts of this with rhetoric is so much BS.  I'm a cut to the straight of it guy.

If any of my allies tried to wage a multi year war of aggression on someone else I would call them out just as much.

So yes, I do think less of TPF for this.  I've no issue with you starting a war with NPO.  But running for years?  I say shame on you. And yes I *WILL* think less of you.    IMO 'eternal' wars running years not only hurts the planet but is a dick move.  So yes ive lost respect for TPF. And I expect im not alone.

You dont need to give two damns that i've lost respect for you.  But the fact remains I strongly suspect you took years worth of positive legacy and honorable behavior and are throwing it out with one action. 

That's *MY* opinion.  And I wont change it because Judge curses at me or throws a fit.  And if the shoe was on the other foot TPF, I would have your back just as much.

Aye maybe it doesnt work out that way.  And thats a fair point Hereno.  But if thats your GOAL and you fail because you are just incompetent, it still says something about your honor imo.  Why anyone would have a goal of multi year wars or think that reflects positively on them ((OOC: or helps this game)) is beyond me.

::shrugs::.  Im not being very politically smart in saying that, but its how I truly feel.   I would call out someone who was demanding reps of another alliance even if they eventually cave and give white peace. They are still asses for demanding it.

TPF imo are asses for trying for multi year wars, even if in the end they fail to achieve that goal

OsRavan, I'm sorry you feel that way. I'm also sorry that attempting to say things a little more politely then Judge X qualifies as "BS rhetoric" in your book. I did so not to obscure the facts, but to extend a little courtesy your way of giving you clarification you asked for while not telling you to " $%&@ yourself and the horse you rode in on". I'll be sure not to make that mistake again. 

I think you have to admit there's a fair bit of difference between us saying we'll fight NPO until we get tired of it, and other "permawars" we've seen where an alliance with vastly superior numbers and firepower is the aggressor who will not grant peace. I expect NPO will tell you that we'll amount to nothing more then a sore that takes a while to heal - an annoyance at worst. 

I don't know that we ever set about anything that we've done because we wanted to have a positive reputation. We made decisions, we did things, some people liked it, some people didn't. This decision was approached in a similar fashion. If that's the consequence of our actions, we're sorry you feel that way, but I don't feel like it would have made any difference to us 3 years ago, and it certainly doesn't now.

Edited by memoryproblems

Aye maybe it doesnt work out that way.  And thats a fair point Hereno.  But if thats your GOAL and you fail because you are just incompetent, it still says something about your honor imo.  Why anyone would have a goal of multi year wars or think that reflects positively on them ((OOC: or helps this game)) is beyond me.

::shrugs::.  Im not being very politically smart in saying that, but its how I truly feel.   I would call out someone who was demanding reps of another alliance even if they eventually cave and give white peace. They are still asses for demanding it.

TPF imo are asses for trying for multi year wars, even if in the end they fail to achieve that goal

unless you have a direct statement from TPF gov saying that that's what they're doing, you've got nothing substantial

i doubt there will be many more years for them to war in anyway

Good bye, Toilet Paper Factory. Didn't expect this to happen. Had some good old friends there.

Have fun

I have no idea why you haven't joined us Shakira!

Hi lee.  I'll respond to you and not judge, since judge doesnt look too capable of stringing together intelligent thoughts.

You do not need to clarify anything.  None of us 'need' to do anything. 

But i'm not sure why you would refuse to do so.  If you do intend eternal war are you embarrassed by that fact?   If you aren't why not share it.

If there is no eternal war, but people are genuinely concerned since they are being told TPF intends that, why not set the record straight as a common courtesy.

As a sovereign alliance no one can 'make' you do anything. 

I, and I suspect others, are concerned by the rumors of TPF planning eternal war.  It puts an entirely different spin on the war and how people interpret it.  

Just like you are free to not care what people think of eternal war, I and others are free to feel that to pursue such an action would be a dishonorable blot on your otherwise fine alliance.  We are free to think that too as sovereign individuals.

::shrugs:.  I suppose your default response can be anger or rage.  But frankly I found judges response a bit silly.  Whats so secret about this?  Either you dont intend eternal war, and ill apologize and wish you well.  Or you do and are apparently embarrassed to admit it.

Or tldr: You don't need to clarify anything to me.  But if you don't, I am JUST as free to call you out for being honorless losers.

I doesn't matter what I tell you. You've already figured out what you think to be the "truth."

This thread has already pretty well covered our intentions. Most people have figured out our intentions on there own, they didn't have to have a "few people" tell them. But you and these "few people" seems to know better than the rest of us...

thats how i read their posts in this thread hereno.  I take memory posting about possible year plus wars as proof.

::nods to memory::.  I apologize for seeming dismissive of your post, I do appreciate your more positive tone. So thank you.

I still stand by my opinion.  I think im largely saddened because I *DID* think highly of TPF.  And I would never have thought they would stoop to tactics such as eternal war.  Even on opposite sides, I remember respecting you in karma or DH-NPO.

This.. this to my eyes is a travesty.  Not the sort of action I expected.  Again not you going to war with NPO.  Thats respectful.  The talking about year plus wars of aggression.  I thought that was dead from bob.

thats how i read their posts in this thread hereno.  I take memory posting about possible year plus wars as proof.

::nods to memory::.  I apologize for seeming dismissive of your post, I do appreciate your more positive tone. So thank you.

I still stand by my opinion.  I think im largely saddened because I *DID* think highly of TPF.  And I would never have thought they would stoop to tactics such as eternal war.  Even on opposite sides, I remember respecting you in karma or DH-NPO.

This.. this to my eyes is a travesty.  Not the sort of action I expected.  Again not you going to war with NPO.  Thats respectful.  The talking about year plus wars of aggression.  I thought that was dead from bob.

Does it really matter what YOU think of TPF.  You guessed it , we don't care about you either. 

Well for someone who doesnt care about what I think you all are sure posting about it a lot ::amused::.

Look, you arent required to agree with me.  And I suspect you dont or you wouldnt have done these actions.  But my opinion is worth as much or as little as everyone elses here.  Saying "I dont care about what you say, shut up shut up shut up" doesnt really carry much weight.

We may not ever agree on this.  But that has nothing to do with whether I should be voicing my opinion or not.

Regardless of the spin some may put on this or the purpose of it all, all I can say is good luck to you all and wish you the best in the future regardless of the outcome of the end of this action. You all were loyal to us for many years and I for one can only think the best of you all.  o/  Best to you all and even Sinister where ever he may be

A war of years?  If you are telling me it is now accepted on bob for alliances to pre-empt other alliances (whatever the justification) and deny them an honorable peace for years on end?  I have an issue with that. 

Do you think anyone care's what you do or do not have an issue with?, if TPF wish to be at war with NPO for years that is on them, what does it have to do with you and why should they care if you have an issue with it?, TPF are going to be curb-stomped by NPO and friends, so what if they want to drag it out for years, if i recall you did not complain to NPO when they held FAN at war for years. so why now when its someone going to war with NPO do you have an issue with it ?