A Valentine from TPF

HailSatan

• Replies 583
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

TPF was once the most steadfast ally of Pacifica, That was seven years ago. Over the seven years since Karma, TPF and NPO slowly drifted apart, and ultimately, during Brehon's reign, things reached a breaking point where we should have cancelled. That was 3-4 years ago. In fact, we almost did cancel on both TPF and NSO, but decided only to cancel on NSO at the time. We kept our treaty even though both of us knew our relationship was not the same, but during that time, things collapsed and it became hostile even between allies. TPF fell into inactivity during this time, breaking the already frail lines of communication, and it became difficult for our two alliances to ever try and reconcile. The cancellation was at the end of years of the relationship falling apart, something which TPF itself recognized and yet was still angry for. We screwed up in the DoW last war, no doubt, but the way TPF has responded is really saddening to see. The reality is, neither NPO nor TPF are the same alliance they were in 2009, and anyone who is talking about Karma in here is missing that.

Edited by Krzyzewskiville

I wish I had your motivation levels. Admin knows that I once did. There was a time when revenge was the only thing that motivated me. Now, sometimes, I feel like I'm just addicted to pressing buttons, afraid of how I would feel if I stop.

Perma-War takes a lot of motivation. You seem to want to go out of this world in a final moral crusade. (I'm not saying that you don't have the resources; most of you do) Quitting and bridge-burning, with a long-term--but finite--plan of revenge. . . It has a sense of cognitive dissonance, does it not? What do you even hope to achieve in the end?

*shrugs*. . . Some people choose to accept the absurdities of this world. NPO chose survival. I guess, you've finally picked suicide.

This world would be a sadder place if you left for good.

Basically, the situation is that we have members who have spent a long accruing funds that they'll never need (not me so much though) The way things have gone, the lack of excitement in the political arena coupled with the fact that our activity has been exceptionally poor with no real solution to fixing it as a result of the overall decline around here, we decided that it was time to get out of the picture. A fair number of our members who still had some passion and drive left have migrated elsewhere since the conclusion of the last war, but some of us - lacking that passion and drive, have nothing to tie us here without TPF. 

It just so happens that those people are filled with just the right amount of salt and spite to come around once a day (or so) and convert those funds we've built for a day that will never come into vengeance. There isn't an end-game because this war will endure so long as a single nation calls itself a member of The Phoenix Federation. We might not do a tremendous amount of damage, but I anticipate being a moderate annoyance for a while to come. The problem with people who care fighting those who don't care is that those who have nothing to lose - don't lose. 

It just so happens that those people are filled with just the right amount of salt and spite to come around once a day (or so) and convert those funds we've built for a day that will never come into vengeance. 

That's me!     Running my country has for years been a rote, dull affair, punctuated by predictable and mechanical "warfare."  The choice to leave is between a whimper (going inactive and letting the warchest expire) or a bang (spending the warchest down with one last lingering round of predictable and mechanical "warfare").  It's not much of a bang, but Planet Bob hasn't seen a real "bang" of a war in years.  

Edited by Cosmoski

Basically, the situation is that we have members who have spent a long accruing funds that they'll never need (not me so much though) The way things have gone, the lack of excitement in the political arena coupled with the fact that our activity has been exceptionally poor with no real solution to fixing it as a result of the overall decline around here, we decided that it was time to get out of the picture. A fair number of our members who still had some passion and drive left have migrated elsewhere since the conclusion of the last war, but some of us - lacking that passion and drive, have nothing to tie us here without TPF. 

It just so happens that those people are filled with just the right amount of salt and spite to come around once a day (or so) and convert those funds we've built for a day that will never come into vengeance. There isn't an end-game because this war will endure so long as a single nation calls itself a member of The Phoenix Federation. We might not do a tremendous amount of damage, but I anticipate being a moderate annoyance for a while to come. The problem with people who care fighting those who don't care is that those who have nothing to lose - don't lose.

I like your fighting spirit, but I'm not sure fighting NPO would do anything to change the status quo. Within Oculus I don't even get the impression they stand out very much compared to the rest in deciding what Oculus does.

If NPO was behind orchestrating that M16/TPF/STA War, I would have expected them to announce it or work their propaganda machine a bit. I think NPO used to try bringing a little more theater & effort into wars they plan. The NPO you knew which was leading any bloc they were in could very well be a follower these days.

Good luck, I can understand the frustration when alliances who were once close friends change to the point they're willing to turn on you.

I'm pretty sure we didn't have to have any assistance fighting Minc in the last war and last time I checked we fought DH by ourselves back in the DH/NPO War so I'm not exactly sure what basis you have to claim we only fight in wars where we have extreme number advantages, not to mention fighting off 26 alliances with TPF in the Karma War, but hey it doesn't exactly help your rhetoric to point out actual facts now does it?

Last time I checked we fought DH every day you did in that war as well, so you did not fight DH "alone".  

Otherwise, we all gotta go someday. I have several billion dollars and will spend every dime throwing nukes into anyone I can from NPO. If it takes a month, or a year to spend it. Someone will be getting a nuke until my last dollar is spent, then the lights go off and I'll fly away.

I guess instead of disband you wanted to go out with a bang...err whimper.  TPF has been in my top 5 WAE for a very long time, being the WAE for many of those years.  You ditched out of UJP early, you OOC warred like losers, you ditched out of Disorder early and then got upset at NPO instead of admitting you were huge cowards.  Oh, weren't you part of the Coward Coalition too or whatever it was called?

That's some track record!  Congrats, you won't be missed, lol.

True Story!

I'm indifferent about this. There was a time years ago I very much liked the Federation. 

You most definitely owe this to Pacifica for their recent attacks on you.

Get you some :gun: .... and then get out.  :psyduck:

For those still on the fence on who hegemony is between Oculus & Doom; allowing the allies of many of them to get attacked without helping would signal Doom still holding more power than Oculus to get away with it.

So I think there is quite a bit riding on this for Oculus if they do want to be seen as the new hegemony to replace Doom, backing down would make it seem like they allow Doom to walk all over them.

omg dude you are just trying too hard i doubt oculus would even pay attention on what you have to say so do us all a favor and just shut up.

I find this move silly... and if the rumors that TPF intends for it to be eternal war are true, I find myself disappointed in them too.  I dont view them as remotely in the right in tbis conflict.

So you got beat up by your old friends in the last war.  It sucks, but it happens.  Frankly I doubt NPO were the 'masterminds' behind that.  But whatever.

You want 'revenge'.  I dont quite get it (I think you over-reacted a bit) but still thats fair.

This form of revenge is a bit silly since as others mentioned you wont do much of anything.  I suspect NPO will find it a good training exercise and the long term trajectory of their alliance wont be impacted a whit by it.  You would have done much better to dedicate time to build a proper coalition.  But again, whatever floats your boat.

If you intend an 'eternal' war... which while youve not flat out said is the read between the lines message i am getting in this thread and in convos... then frankly I think YOU are the bad-guys here.  I mean let me get this straight.

NPO hurts your feelings by going to war with you (months after your treaty ended).  So you are going to go ETERNAL war on them?  If any other alliance was planning an eternal war.. if NPO was planning it on YOU.... people would be screaming bloody murder.   But its a-ok for you to do it?  I mean holy-bob.  How butt hurt do you get?  

Talk about a silly reaction out of all proportion to the 'wrong' done to you.  Proportional response.

And yeah i get some dont mind you going 'eternal war' or 'vietfan' on NPO because NPO is bigger then you and they think of them as the bad guys.

But hypocrisy is hypocrisy.  Eternal war is bad for the world and a silly/harmful philosophy no matter WHO is doing it.

So if the rumors of that being your plan are true, than I will vastly enjoy watching you get stomped into the ground.

Since again.  What a silly over-reaction to someone not liking you.  Why you cant just go to war for a few months, get it out of your system, and move on like adults I have no idea.  And i'm disappointed to see something I thought was gone from Bob (for the betterment of all) being re-introduced as an acceptable policy.  So I sincerely hope the rumors of the eternal war stuff is bs.

I find this move silly... and if the rumors that TPF intends for it to be eternal war are true, I find myself disappointed in them too.  I dont view them as remotely in the right in tbis conflict.

So you got beat up by your old friends in the last war.  It sucks, but it happens.  Frankly I doubt NPO were the 'masterminds' behind that.  But whatever.

You want 'revenge'.  I dont quite get it (I think you over-reacted a bit) but still thats fair.

This form of revenge is a bit silly since as others mentioned you wont do much of anything.  I suspect NPO will find it a good training exercise and the long term trajectory of their alliance wont be impacted a whit by it.  You would have done much better to dedicate time to build a proper coalition.  But again, whatever floats your boat.

If you intend an 'eternal' war... which while youve not flat out said is the read between the lines message i am getting in this thread and in convos... then frankly I think YOU are the bad-guys here.  I mean let me get this straight.

NPO hurts your feelings by going to war with you (months after your treaty ended).  So you are going to go ETERNAL war on them?  If any other alliance was planning an eternal war.. if NPO was planning it on YOU.... people would be screaming bloody murder.   But its a-ok for you to do it?  I mean holy-bob.  How butt hurt do you get?  

Talk about a silly reaction out of all proportion to the 'wrong' done to you.  Proportional response.

And yeah i get some dont mind you going 'eternal war' or 'vietfan' on NPO because NPO is bigger then you and they think of them as the bad guys.

But hypocrisy is hypocrisy.  Eternal war is bad for the world and a silly/harmful philosophy no matter WHO is doing it.

So if the rumors of that being your plan are true, than I will vastly enjoy watching you get stomped into the ground.

Since again.  What a silly over-reaction to someone not liking you.  Why you cant just go to war for a few months, get it out of your system, and move on like adults I have no idea.  And i'm disappointed to see something I thought was gone from Bob (for the betterment of all) being re-introduced as an acceptable policy.  So I sincerely hope the rumors of the eternal war stuff is bs.

I don't get from their posts that they're going to fight an eternal war. I get that they're inactive, bored and have load of money lying around they're going to enjoy spending on bombs to drop on NPO. When the money runs out or they got bored of dropping bombs on NPO they're out of here for good.

I can't fault them, this world is a very dull place of late.

Sab if thats the case, then thats fine.  Ive no issue with people doing crazy wars for no reason.

But the talk in a lot of the backrooms (and its kind of eluded to in various threads) is that they plan either an eternal war or an essentially eternal war going on 'years'.  I would love to hear them deny that if its not the case.

And again, the eternal war bit puts a different spin on this and if true would be an honorless move.  If they step up and say thats not the goal, then im still rooting against them (NPO are my friends) but ive no real fundamental issue with the war.  I could even respect their guts while thinking their motive was silly.

Eternal war though would tarnish TPF's rep imo, and label them as scum.

Edited by OsRavan

Sab if thats the case, then thats fine.  Ive no issue with people doing crazy wars for no reason.

But the talk in a lot of the backrooms (and its kind of eluded to in various threads) is that they plan either an eternal war or an essentially eternal war going on 'years'.  I would love to hear them deny that if its not the case.

And again, the eternal war bit puts a different spin on this and if true would be an honorless move.  If they step up and say thats not the goal, then im still rooting against them (NPO are my friends) but ive no real fundamental issue with the war.  I could even respect their guts while thinking their motive was silly.

Eternal war though would tarnish TPF's rep imo, and label them as scum.

I can see where you're coming from anyone embarking on an eternal war has been drinking the water in Sephiroth's house.

Well :;nods to smurf:: I would love for them to clarify.  Like I said thats the backroom chatter ive heard from a few people.  That doesnt mean its true... it could totally be false.  But its even what ive picked up from a couple of tpfers going on about being at war for 'years'.

That could just be chest thumping.  But it raises eyebrows and imo means TPF should clarify their stance and goal on the issue.