End of Round XP Farming Not Allowed

Keelah

In game XP Farming has always been against the rules, but seems to become the new thing in TE.

Warnings will be given and XP Taken away. On second offense of breaking this rule you lose ALL your XPs

So be mindful to disable XP when declaring End of Round wars.

For Reference: http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?/topic/128336-end-of-round-xp-farming-not-allowed/
Thanks!

This is completely ridiculous. I don't care about XP I want to nuke people. I have never cared about XP but you mods have deleted my war and now I can't nuke. Let me war AND turn off XP. You get what you want and I get what I want, also reactivate my war with blackbear. 

This is completely ridiculous. I don't care about XP I want to nuke people. I have never cared about XP but you mods have deleted my war and now I can't nuke. Let me war AND turn off XP. You get what you want and I get what I want, also reactivate my war with blackbear.

Wars can't be reactivated. You may redeclare but check the box to disable XP.

But what separates these wars from general warring, when the same amount of effort is being put into destroying the enemy?

War slot filling declaring a war to attempt a person being attacked.
XP Farmin is declaring war on own alliance mates/friends without disabling the XP from being gained.

Here is the info in the pinned thread down in Game Abuse Report forum.

A note regarding war games, experience farming, and slot filling

Slot filling is still considered a violation of CN rules. War slot filling is defined as occupying a defensive (war or spy) slot with the intent to reduce or prevent damage to a nation, or engaging in wars designed to eliminate risk.

War games are permitted, provided the disable experience option is checked, and the war would not otherwise constitute slot filling. 

Any experience obtained by a nation through mock wars will be removed (also known as 'experience farming'). Repeat offenders will have all their experience and generals removed.

Sincerely,
Moderation

end of round xp farming? really? that could be seen as an oxy moron.

have you played te at all?

come the end of round none of us are looking for xp to farm. the main reason for xp being economic boosts with generals to collect more.

I think you are looking at this completely wrong.

If it is war slot filling primarily that you are trying to rectify here, that is understandable. But, disabling xp option does not make a difference to a slot fill one way or another.

come the end of round none of us are looking for xp to farm. the main reason for xp being economic boosts with generals to collect more.

If it is war slot filling primarily that you are trying to rectify here, that is understandable. But, disabling xp option does not make a difference to a slot fill one way or another.

Exactly right 

This is a pointless interference in a game which you OBVIOUSLY DON'T UNDERSTAND Keelah.

Nobody is interested in accumulating XP at this stage in the round.

This is the craziest, most unjust & egotistical action EVER - by ANY Mod !!!

Too much time on your hands ?

Goodbye TE

Edited by Lord Torpichen

This is exactly right. Nobody who is fighting at the end of the round is looking for xp. The end round chaos is a time when you can throw caution to the wind and declare war on whoever you want to, rather than being constrained by alliance bonds. 

If it is an attempt to stop slot filling, I don't think this should be applied to wars that are clearly not designed to minimise damages, and which are obviously two friends throwing everything they have at the other in a test of skill.

War slot filling declaring a war to attempt a person being attacked.
XP Farmin is declaring war on own alliance mates/friends without disabling the XP from being gained.

I agree with Keelah and disagree

We do not want people filling war slots just to attempt to keep others from declaring on them ..especially during end of round . I think we all agree that is wrong.

and we do not want people to declare on people in there own Alliance just to get xp points.

"XP Farming is declaring war on own alliance mates/friends without disabling the XP from being gained."

I agree with what everyone is saying that during End of Round wars we don't care about XP points... Its to late for any you might gain to help you anyways.

BUT the moderation team has to make rules that covers the game from the beginning to the end of a round, and can not turn a blind eye to a rule violations just because its the last days of a round.

Even with that said:

I would defend the people who at the end of this round that declared on members of their own alliance as not meaning to XP farm but just to have fun.

Sometimes we need to look and see if there was an intent to violate a rule or just an over site.  I have not seen intent.

BUT  it also means is we need to  remember to disable xp points when you attack people of your own alliance.

I fail to see same AA wars on the war screens, unless Moderation has already handled them all.

I also disagree that war slot filling or abusive xp farming is "becoming the new thing" in TE. If anything it is on the wane in my opinion.

Unfortunately TE is a far different game from SE, and the rules don't always carry over very well. There has always been huge grey areas where which to flirt with abusing the game mechanics yet staying well within the perceived rules of the game.

at times it seems like the moderators or adoing know they need to crack down on something, yet fail to understand what that actualy is.

In this case. I am sure that you must be actually concerned about war slot filling, which essentially is what illegal xp farming is. Trust me, that during these end of round wars there is absolutely no xp farming going on.

Now, I present this scenario.

Alliance A declares war on Alliance B. These 2 alliances declare this a nuke free war. And so both AAs fight a conventional war and come out with some much needed xp and no nuclear effects to boot. essentially mass xp farming.

There are even ways to deliberately xp farm between 2 nations without admin ever suspecting a thing.

If you think about it. remember when we had most destructive war awards?

The only way to win that was to have an organised war between 2 nations who conspired to be able to do as much damage as they could to each other. This included but was not limited to deliberately decombing their own navies in order to do battle support prior to nuking for more damage received. war slot filling much?

end of rant

Hey Steve, The person Wile E Coyote was referring to is me, I don't think you have noticed but in my latest deceleration Krabz declared war on Krabz, TDO, D1 and all, the only members who followed through with attacking Krabz was me and Tyrion, we did not turn the xp off because we did not really think that far or notice that we were breaking the rules we just wanted to fight each other, and Admiral.

I'm pretty sure Keelah understand that I have no interest in xp farming, and of course what's the point of doing it at endround, , but I also understand that in the long term when there is a rule to turn xp off in inter alliance war, if the war isn't about the xp anyway (especially at endround) then we could just accept that and abide by that rule.

I did not expect this to cause that much backlash, because all Keelah said is basically "turn xp off when you attack alliance mates", I'm not sure why some guy just quit the game because of a rule that is very easy to follow regardless of how much sense it makes.

Edited by Robert Baratheon I

I play TE, but don't know the answer to this so help me.

Does XP carry over from round to round?
And does this type of internal alliance warring help to achieve one of the awards?

If it helps in any way to get an award, the current rule that has always been will have to stay, since the point is attempting to win the award by using a loophole in the system.

no xp does not carry over. if you are looking at illegal xp farming, then the time frame would be at early/ not past mid round.

if it is merely when attacking those wearing the same AA, that you are pressing for xp turned off then fair enough. just understand that when we have hundreds of xp over what we need for our generals that we are not farming xp. and even if you were to take it all away it would not make a difference as usually we are all nuke locked in the last week.

I haven't seen any internal alliance warring that wasn't legit for a long long time. and yes "war games" etc we understand you would disable xp for this.

the warring of 2 mates to win most destructive war hopefully won't happen again as it's been a while since it was an award.

There are still plenty of loopholes. The mechanics are there to be abused. But as I said before the overall trend of war slot filling spy slot filling etc is at least from my perspective on the slide.

Make no mistake it was a he'll of a lot more rife a while ago. possibly also due to plain numbers in the game.

I play TE, but don't know the answer to this so help me.

Does XP carry over from round to round?
And does this type of internal alliance warring help to achieve one of the awards?

If it helps in any way to get an award, the current rule that has always been will have to stay, since the point is attempting to win the award by using a loophole in the system.

There are no awards for having the most XP.  And no, XP doesn't carry over.  Most of the time, by the end of the round, everyone's already got plenty of XP.  Disabling XP for "war games" isn't going to stop anyone from achieving an award based on "Most Alliance Casualties", which is an awardable category.  Furthermore because everyone's in the middle of nuclear wars, econ benefits from XP don't even matter due to the massive economic penalty from nuclear anarchy.

If you replace the word "XP farming" with "Casualty farming" then everything you just said makes sense.  Otherwise, it doesn't.  Not trying to be a poophead here, but when I see stuff that makes zero sense I call it.  Even for you, Keelah.

There are no awards for having the most XP.  And no, XP doesn't carry over.  Most of the time, by the end of the round, everyone's already got plenty of XP.  Disabling XP for "war games" isn't going to stop anyone from achieving an award based on "Most Alliance Casualties", which is an awardable category.  Furthermore because everyone's in the middle of nuclear wars, econ benefits from XP don't even matter due to the massive economic penalty from nuclear anarchy.

If you replace the word "XP farming" with "Casualty farming" then everything you just said makes sense.  Otherwise, it doesn't.  Not trying to be a poophead here, but when I see stuff that makes zero sense I call it.  Even for you, Keelah.

Thanks for the input. As long as end of round war isn't between alliance mates to help raise alliance casualties to win that war, then you are right XP doesn't matter in TE as far as the ruling about war slot / XP farming states, 

The only thing that would relate to TE in that rule would be normal war slot filling between alliance mates or allies of the nation whose slot is filled.  XP would still have to be disabled between alliance mates during the most part of the round for alliance war games due to benefits the XP would give you later on fighting a real enemy, however, end of round it would be allowed. 

Yes, casualty farming is war slot filling per se, since it helps win an award, on alliance mates is not acceptable.

Does that make better sense?

Would it potentially be possible to have casualties disabled during wars between members of the same alliance? This way we can war against our friends in-AA without worrying about slot filling.

Would it potentially be possible to have casualties disabled during wars between members of the same alliance? This way we can war against our friends in-AA without worrying about slot filling.

That would be a great suggestion for the TE suggestion forum, and very goood idea.

That would be a great suggestion for the TE suggestion forum, and very goood idea.

I think this would still be exploitable; all that would need to happen is that one alliance member breaks off and forms a one-person micro.  It would have to be watched very closely.  One way to do this would be for the entire state of TE be saved as a snapshot each day, although this would result in more server strain.

Thanks for the input. As long as end of round war isn't between alliance mates to help raise alliance casualties to win that war, then you are right XP doesn't matter in TE as far as the ruling about war slot / XP farming states, 

The only thing that would relate to TE in that rule would be normal war slot filling between alliance mates or allies of the nation whose slot is filled.  XP would still have to be disabled between alliance mates during the most part of the round for alliance war games due to benefits the XP would give you later on fighting a real enemy, however, end of round it would be allowed. 

Yes, casualty farming is war slot filling per se, since it helps win an award, on alliance mates is not acceptable.

Does that make better sense?

You don't actually have to change the rule. They're arguing that they want to be able to go to war with their alliance mates, not for the ability to gain XP late round. They're saying it doesn't matter if it's enabled or disabled, so really, just keep the rule that it needs to be disabled. If gaining XP in nuclear anarchy doesn't matter, then why is it a big deal that it has to be turned off? It's not.

The word you're looking for is collusion. As Stevie described, there are always going to be different situations of people trying to cheat the system. 2 buddies who decide to have an all-out war at the end of the round is seemingly harmless, however if there's an award for most alliance infra killed or destruction, then they could falsely inflate their stats because they're fighting each other. So really, it's another case of if you really aren't trying to falsify numbers, then why not have your buddy hop off the alliance for the end of round wars? In the last week of TE, it's safer to be unaligned than in an alliance anyway since most are searching for targets on a specific alliance rather than unaligned nations in their strength range.

Really, it's just about knowing what awards are being given, and watching for people trying to falsely inflate their numbers in attempts to achieve those awards, and that's more of a "I'll know it when I see it" situation because folks can get pretty creative.

EDIT: Either way Keelah, I appreciate what you're doing here. TE has long gone without much moderation, and it's refreshing to see someone trying to keep things fair. So thanks.

Edited by Samwise

This seems to be going towards "wars between alliance members are bad no matter what".  If you're not XP farming, you're casualty farming.  If you're not casualty farming, you're filling war slots.  Those are the only reasons to go to war within your own alliance that actually benefit the nations involved (outside of that, it's basically just burning NS for no reason).  Since all the reasons for intra-alliance wars seem to be in violation of the rules, we may as well just ban intra-alliance wars totally.  Which I would go along with, it does make sense.

Is there an award that land raiding would cause a win in an award category?

If not, that would be an exception to "no attacking same alliance nations."

TE is indeed a different beast in which attempts need to be made where winning an award is done by loophole is blocked as much as possible for fair game play. It is one of the reasons TE still only allows one nation per IP where SE allows multiple players from one IP.