Unexpected rise in bills

Joshua Issac

I was paying around $9.7m per day in total bills. Recently, the black sphere had an event that reduced this to around $9.6m, but the event has now expired. However, I now notice that even my infrastructure bills alone come to nearly $10.1m. That is a rise of $400k, when I have not changed my trades, bought infrastructure or got events that affect infrastructure maintenance cost. I have read of other people in my alliance facing the same issue (of an unexpected rise in infrastructure bills such that they exceed the total bill from before). Why is this happening? Is anyone else experiencing the same?

Edited by Joshua Issac

Three, none of them related to infrastructure bills:

2/4/2016  3/5/2016 Your closest advisor has died and you need to find a replacement, someone who you can trust to lead both you and your nation in the right direction. Option selected. See Current Response.

Option 2: Appoint a prominent environmentalist. 2 points of improvement to environment.

1/31/2016 3/1/2016 A group of citizens have petitioned for the renovation or rebuilding of a damaged section of old highway. Option selected. See Current Response.

Option 1: Build a new highway section and close down the old section. Land area -10%. 

1/25/2016 2/24/2016 Green Peace activists within your nation are calling on the government to create a national Earth Day holiday. They claim that this holiday will serve to remind our citizens to appreciate their environment. Option selected. See Current Response.

Option 2: Ignore these protesters and hold a speech to remind our citizens that work must come first before concerns over the environment. Citizen income +$2.00.

I saw this also and asked on the Pax forum.

On 2/4, I updated Moon locations (all now at 100%), and paid several days of bills at previously recorded levels. Dropped Resource trade and later in day accepted same resources as trade from different nation.

Paid bills normally on 2/5. 2/6 and after, total bills increased by +9.8%. New Infra-only bill greater than previous total bill.

No events, no new  or expired Infra upkeep modifying senate proposals. Crime Index remained above 500 throughout.

Basically a 10.8% increase in Infra only bill on 2/6 with no apparent cause.

I know of one other nation with similar increase on that specific day and remaining since.

Has no one else experienced this?  Maybe I was getting a good deal for awhile?

Edit: Looked at my Activity Log. Bills were normal on 2/5 and increased on 2/6.

Edited by BigKif

#1 changes your population, which changes your CPS, which changes your infra bills.

Your CPS may also have changed by other means lately

I'm not so sure this is the only answer, due to the fact that he probably had more than half his infra in land, but is now taking a happiness hit due the -10% land event. An easy way to check if that's the case Josh, is by changing your tax rate to 10%. That'll put you in a 0 crime rate, and your infra upkeep bills will lower. If it doesn't go down enough, you know there's something else going on. Just remember to switch your tax rate back to collect taxes.