I've been playing this game since 2006 and now I'm officially retiring.

Poppa Clam

• 2 weeks later...

Oh no!  I didn't know you were still around, and now you're gone!  You were a good guy in ROFL and Purge.  

-Started playing in 2006 as an awkward 13 year old 8th grader

Remember when you thought you could change your name to American Clam and pretend to be your cousin?  :v: 

Happy trails, Poppa.

I used to play the game as part of the bigger system. I joined a high average NS alliance in Citadel, I rose in rank both within my alliance and the Citadel. Worked within the Citadel to get anti-NPO alliances in and keep pro-NPO alliances out. Eventually with a Charter change proposed by others the system would be changed to have a King. I threw my name in as a candidate and won in a land slide. (Everyone voted for me, except one abstainer) I implemented programs to get us almost fully nuke capable and our NS strength grew from sub-500k NS when I was made King to over 1.8m NS in time for the Karma War, me working with others made made sure the Citadel was on the side of Karma. My alliance along with the Gremlins declared on IRON, one of NPO's strongest allies and also an ally to TOP who was also in the Citadel. For the greater good my alliance and Gremlins declared on IRON despite sharing a mutual ally. This pushed TOP to realizing they needed to pick the right side and also ended up on the side of Karma.

So I've played the game how most due, working as a power player behind the scene, climbing up the ranks from within an established alliance & only posting if for an important announcements or showing support for allies. After the Karma War I wasn't as active anymore without an adversary, so I eventually stepped down while leaving in response to someone else I trusted wanting to fill my spot.

After I left, I was bored of playing that way and wanted to be more free. I figured doing as I pleased & going solo would be a nice retirement. Defeating NPO was the scope and scale of what I wanted to accomplish when I started playing this game, but now that its been accomplished I just to try to keep the game from getting so boring I don't bother logging in anymore.

For me less boring has developed into me using my influence to change the world around me to being one worth sticking around in. If you want to keep your nation in retirement on Brown, I'll keep you safe from sanctions should you go solo.

Good luck & I probably should have made a more complete retirement ages ago. Although now I have new friends and allies which rely on me, so I stick around still for that.

What he means to say is everything is about him....and there for he needs to boast about being a big dog in a tier full of low nations...and that he thinks he has never lost a war. I wish he can say it how it is....hes a loser in real life so he comes to CN and hes a loser here....good job

P.S Pappa Clam we had our differences and we started out on the same side and ended on opposite sides. I will truly miss having you around even as an opponent I wish you would stay!:)

from another 2006 member i wish you well old timer and its a shame to see you go …. and if your nation is at the 10 year mark and you do come back you are really going to miss it….

that is why i cannot delete my nation i will ride this wave to the end ….

good luck in all you do 

RoadRash 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...