The Codex Imperium

The Zigur

You're a bastard for copying my 40k'ness, just saying.

Great chance for me to elaborate on just how much the theme fits our unique alliance :P

40k was not the original theme of Supernova X... instead a movie now more or less forgotten seemed to be the original inspiration. Unfortunately the comical nature of the film well represented the appalling lackadaisical nature of the First Imperium, with many officials more worried about elaborate court cases or hipster trends rather than building a foundation of order and prosperity.

Despite the appearance of democracy, the first government was never elected, and the charter never ratified by popular referendum... my own appointment to senator was something of a surprise. When I was re-elected for a second term as senator some months later, I was expelled by the corrupt court two days after. The fact that I am the last founding member of government still here is evidence enough that the first Imperium was not serious enough to face the harsh reality that awaited us.

The alliance was shattered by the Doom War a few weeks after my expulsion, and Supernova X would continue to fragment and disintegrate during the following months. As an exiled member in Polaris, perhaps I was the last person of influence to truly care about the alliance. I did what I could to help from afar, but nearing the end of June, with Polar planning to cancel, it became apparent to me that I would have to return in person to re-align the alliance towards the destiny I had originally hoped for it.

Looking back, our struggle was not just with the barbarians abroad but with chaos internally. Only by sweeping away corruption by fire and sword could a new empire be forged to lead our people to greatness.

Thanks to all those who have supported us in our collective endeavour. Some have raised doubts as to whether this will be a success, but to me it is not a question... so long as we embrace our Destiny and strive to implement our Will, this alliance will Thrive. The old cliques are being broken, and new relationships are being made, with boundaries cast aside. From a diverse group of people it is possible to forge a new identity, a new Order from Chaos.

The question is not whether we can succeed, the question is how much we desire to triumph.

- Tywin Lannister
Founding Senator, General and Senior Advisor
Edited by Immortan Junka

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No you aren't,tywin is your banner holder

Only if "banner" equals tech.  :P  I will admit, tech made by the Kingdom of Pakalolo has a certain quality about it that I enjoy. 

For SNX, and to my great surprise as you and I have discusssed before, yes... you have proved to be. 

Only if "banner" equals tech.  :P  I will admit, tech made by the Kingdom of Pakalolo has a certain quality about it that I enjoy. 

For SNX, and to my great surprise as you and I have discusssed before, yes... you have proved to be. 

He might be good for them internally, but even the most internally strong alliances still lose a war if the numbers aren't there.

I am my own bannerholder, Mogar.

You've been awful quiet, loudest voice in the room tends to be the one that gets listened to.

Ok Mogar you're just mad I'm not scared of your rogue threats, go ahead and organize a coalition war with your pretend powerbroker friends. I love a target rich environment.

Now, I never made any threats in this thread, I do however see you insulting several alliances attached to your own's only major treaty partner.

Your behavior is not the type I'd want to attach myself to(and I am certainly not the only one), which is hindering those in alliances attached to you.

If you fail to see this as an issue, then I am not going to spell it out any clearer.

He might be good for them internally, but even the most internally strong alliances still lose a war if the numbers aren't there

Well it should be self evident that our numbers are on the up compared how they have been in the past and I believe we are targeting the correct areas for our performance to be ever improving. No doubt setbacks of one kind or another may crop up and there will always be room for improvement in any alliance but we are on a steady path right now which wouldn't have be achieved without positive activity internally.

Effort in is proportional to the effort out and I can confirm there are people putting effort in within snx and that number has been growing for a while now.

Well it should be self evident that our numbers are on the up compared how they have been in the past and I believe we are targeting the correct areas for our performance to be ever improving. No doubt setbacks of one kind or another may crop up and there will always be room for improvement in any alliance but we are on a steady path right now which wouldn't have be achieved without positive activity internally.

Effort in is proportional to the effort out and I can confirm there are people putting effort in within snx and that number has been growing for a while now.

You'll follow in the footsteps of MI6 with Tywin as your FA head.

You'll follow in the footsteps of MI6 with Tywin as your FA head.

Well we will see no doubt but having tywin has been a postive experience overall thus far and that positive experience will remain with the members even if we go down M16's path, those members are better for it thus cn becomes a bit better for it.

I know some of you would struggle to think about changing your opinion of him even slightly but if you cut him some slack he might supprise you, i'm sure there are people who wouldn't of thought snx would the make the recovery it has. I'm sure our friends in Doom would think its been worth it for what we have achieved so far even if we burned now. Edited by Galerion

He'll just broker a white peace victory anyway.

For him Victory is subjective, both sides can have a victory.

Since many of our wars are either uphill battles where white peace after inflicting a satisfactory amount of damage is the objective or the case of Lady Dakota blowing up peace with III% Percent by placing more sanctions, III% ensuring she wasn't in the Senate another term was enough of a win for me. Them calling it white peace has always been fine with me and even if on a personal level it feels like a victory in we got the outcome we were fighting for, I don't go around calling those victories since I think a true victory is something people need to fight much harder to achieve..

Some alliances will fight over the difference between a white peace or surrender forever, so I think calling every war which ended with white peace as a victory dishonors those who would fight an unlimited number of months past where they would agree to white peace to avoid a submission of defeat & dilutes the meaning behind Victories when some alliances only claim it a victory when the other side does surrender. Also how many alliances would be satisfied with white peace in future wars with an alliance who calls white peace a victory?

So calling "not losing 2 wars" as "victories", I think was unneeded for his announcement & is only true if he's using victory in the very loose way of saying both sides walk away winners with white peace.. If one of those was a real victory, him claiming the fight with aNiMaLz as one gives the impression what he calls a victory is really white peace.

i think its interesting Junka has become the most vocal face of Doom & think it could lead to some interesting political dynamics if mogar isn't all talk. So I look forward to seeing where this goes & think SNX should stick with him though. SNX was on the verge of collapse before he took over, so he's their best chance. Also seeing a power hungry Junka on the political map will make for a more interesting political climate I think. i do think they shouldn't call white peace victories though, lowering the standard of victory so you can list more of them doesn't make anyone look good who tries.

Edited by Sephiroth

To clarify our victories:

November Third Operation: Victory as we shattered a rebel faction deceived by a traitor, and successfully re-integrated former SNXers into the Imperium. Most of these nations are full members today, with full voting privileges.

Operation Dog Pound: Victory because we relieved an ally who was being besieged in the low-tier, successfully executing our mission objectives without protracted warfare. Also we have become quite friendly with Animalz since then.

I could care less how other parties define victory, we have no need to humiliate anyone or pursue petty grudge-driven goals, what matters is whether we achieved our military objectives. We are military professionals, not a bunch of amateurs who act irrationally.

Edited by Immortan Junka

To clarify our victories:

November Third Operation: Victory as we shattered a rebel faction deceived by a traitor, and successfully re-integrated former SNXers into the Imperium. Most of these nations are full members today, with full voting privileges.

Operation Dog Pound: Victory because we relieved an ally who was being besieged in the low-tier, successfully executing our mission objectives without protracted warfare. Also we have become quite friendly with Animalz since then.

I could care less how other parties define victory, we have no need to humiliate anyone or pursue petty grudge-driven goals, what matters is whether we achieved our military objectives. We are military professionals, not a bunch of amateurs who act irrationally.

Operation Dog Pound on the same kind of logic was a victory for aNiMaLz, you signed  a NAP only binding to them & ensured you could not initiate against any of their allies by doing so. The NAP prevents you from hitting LN, but not LN from hitting SNX.

So aNiMaLz won just as much if it was a matter of preventing attacks on allies, but its disrespectful to spin it as a victory for you and defeat for them, just because they take the clause showing respect in public more seriously than you. They take their treaties seriously, as well as their record.

I think you should just drop calling it a victory when aNiMaLz never lost.

Edited by Sephiroth