Brief MI6 Announcement

Piejonk

I like Sargun. But it's hard to look past the malicious destruction of our forums. I doubt our government will, that's for sure.

Malicious is a pretty massive stretch, let's be real here. Was he wrong for doing it? Without a doubt. Edited by TheListener

I like Sargun. But it's hard to look past the malicious destruction of our forums. I doubt our government will, that's for sure.

wow, i am seriously starting to see what many others outside of MI6 see/saw... No wonder they wanted to roll the shit outta us. We really do have a massive victim complex and refuse to acknowledge any role MI6 (particularly our gov) had in anything... Sargun did what he did because our two new Ms and Gopher went on a shitposting spree massively dumping on Shuru and Gibs. Sargun deleted our boards because after 2 fucking years of spending his own damn money to host those boards, trying to get people to stop shitposting and be respectful of one another, he got pushed over the edge by those 3 people. Shuru's resignation thread was the straw that broke the camel's back. So in fact, all of MI6 is to blame both present and past. But gov (both past and present) are heavily to blame for their actions (or rather lack thereof). Why should sargun be forced to spend RL money for shit he no longer believed in? Mind you I have not talked to him just noticed what he posted and asked for when we had the old boards. 

So, how about we stop blaming sargun for anything if we aren't willing to accept our parts in what happened. Gov needs to get their act together finally and the rest of us need to just stop shitting all over each other and former members. 

wow, i am seriously starting to see what many others outside of MI6 see/saw... No wonder they wanted to roll the !@#$ outta us. We really do have a massive victim complex and refuse to acknowledge any role MI6 (particularly our gov) had in anything... Sargun did what he did because our two new Ms and Gopher went on a !@#$posting spree massively dumping on Shuru and Gibs. Sargun deleted our boards because after 2 !@#$@#$ years of spending his own damn money to host those boards, trying to get people to stop !@#$posting and be respectful of one another, he got pushed over the edge by those 3 people. Shuru's resignation thread was the straw that broke the camel's back. So in fact, all of MI6 is to blame both present and past. But gov (both past and present) are heavily to blame for their actions (or rather lack thereof). Why should sargun be forced to spend RL money for !@#$ he no longer believed in? Mind you I have not talked to him just noticed what he posted and asked for when we had the old boards. 

So, how about we stop blaming sargun for anything if we aren't willing to accept our parts in what happened. Gov needs to get their act together finally and the rest of us need to just stop !@#$ting all over each other and former members. 

Seriously Doch, you and I rarely agree on anything. But I genuinely like you. Kudos to you for saying what needed said. Maybe there is hope for Mi6. I doubt it, but maybe.

wow, i am seriously starting to see what many others outside of MI6 see/saw... No wonder they wanted to roll the !@#$ outta us. We really do have a massive victim complex and refuse to acknowledge any role MI6 (particularly our gov) had in anything... Sargun did what he did because our two new Ms and Gopher went on a !@#$posting spree massively dumping on Shuru and Gibs. Sargun deleted our boards because after 2 !@#$@#$ years of spending his own damn money to host those boards, trying to get people to stop !@#$posting and be respectful of one another, he got pushed over the edge by those 3 people. Shuru's resignation thread was the straw that broke the camel's back. So in fact, all of MI6 is to blame both present and past. But gov (both past and present) are heavily to blame for their actions (or rather lack thereof). Why should sargun be forced to spend RL money for !@#$ he no longer believed in? Mind you I have not talked to him just noticed what he posted and asked for when we had the old boards. 

So, how about we stop blaming sargun for anything if we aren't willing to accept our parts in what happened. Gov needs to get their act together finally and the rest of us need to just stop !@#$ting all over each other and former members.

I don't like arguing with other alliance members in public, but you've drastically missed the point. I don't disagree with the notion that we have a victim complex on a wide range of FA matters (non MI6 observers will be curious to know that it's been the majority opinion within MI6 for much of the last year), but this is absolutely not one of those matters.

There was no "massive dumping spree" on Shurukian, unless you consider a single frustrated post from each to be a "massive dumping spree". Just as there are a group of people who are fed up with drama and just trying to have fun (and personally, I'm okay with that), there's another, equally large group of people who are pissed off at the total lack of confidence from the people leaving in the ability of the new government to try and make things better. Confidence that you don't seem to have either. Not only that, but every time someone posts a resignation, it adds to the feedback loop of existing drama, and makes the problem worse, and helps push other people to resign. I think Chimaera, Mergerberger and Gopher held back on a lot of what they could, and perhaps should have said at the time.

There's a difference between choosing to no longer spend money on hosting a board and paying for an IPB license for a group of people that you no longer want anything to do with (okay, fair enough), and chucking a tantrum and deleting the boards without warning. He could have given us some kind of handover period; he could have given us the backups to the board; he could have given us the domain. Those actions would not have required future financial contributions from him, and yet he did none of those things. He acted with the intent of ensuring we'd never have access to the contents of our forum again. My understanding is that we only got the backup because Shurukian decided to help us and actually tricked Sargun into getting us access to those backups (for which we cannot thank her enough), and I further understand that Sargun is still pissed at her for doing that. The rest of you think the use of the word "malicious" is laughable, but the use of the word is correct- Sargun acted with the intention of hurting the alliance. If we hadn't been able to get the backup, we would been spectacularly screwed. The alliance would have lost a lot of guides, the contents of our embassies, years of general forum content, and dozens of other documents that would have required time and effort to rewrite and replace. My personal experience in communities completely losing their forums (an INCREDIBLY FRUSTRATINGLY -LARGE- AMOUNT OF EXPERIENCE- BY THE WAY, $%&@ A DOZEN DIFFERENT PEOPLE I'VE MET ON THE INTERNET OVER THIS KIND OF HORSE!@#$) tells me that what's left of the MI6 community would have never recovered, and probably closed down within 12 months.

I'll 100% blame Sargun for the loss of the forums. He chose his actions. If MI6's government is to be blamed for anything, it is for not realising that we had a bloody toddler for a root admin and moving forums sooner. Sargun has repeatedly temporarily locked off our access to the forum in the past, and has also used his access as root admin to interfere in the 00/M private forums. He's also ragequit and deleted his nation at least once during the war. I can think of at least two different occasions in the last 3 months where the need to urgently move forums over this crap was raised by Chimaera (which we put on the backburner over the inconvenience of having to move everyone to a new board during a war), and last term I was instructed to make my own copies of various important alliance documents in case this very thing happened.

tl;dr- no hope for MI6, this is all Salajol's fault.

Edited by Avakael