A Statement From MI6

Shurukian

Did our relationship become strained or did the NPO start putting politics and alliances that TPF didn't get along with before TPF? We made every effort in communication. I had FA meetings with Brehon and it's funny how NG was never mentioned until you guys were almost ready to sign with them and then it was dismissive and in passing.

We were both working hard to stop the rinse and repeat DoomHouse beat downs. TPF just became expendable.

We talked plenty to our allies about any possible large FA moves of that nature, if they were able to be contacted (that includes sending messages ingame, etc). Funny you should talk about dismissive and in passing, as if I remember correctly we were informed that you would be signing MI6 randomly in the middle of a conversation, and it was not "we are thinking of doing so" it was more like this: "Well, we are in the process with signing an MDoAP with MI6"

Again, more revisionist history... We had a non chaining treaty.

ARTICLE III - Defense
TPF and NPO recognize that should an armed attack on either party’s nations and/or territories under administrative authority, at the time of the attack, is dangerous to the peace of both alliances. The assisting party will act to meet the common danger in accordance to its charter/constitutional process. Said parties should maintain open communication with one another to decide the best suitable action to take when the defense of one of the parties is in dire need of assistance.

That be a chaining treaty my friend :)

• Replies 426
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ARTICLE III - Defense
In the event of a direct attack on either the NPO or TPF, the other signatory of this pact will assist the defending party upon request to the fullest extent possible, whether by military, financial, or political aid, or a combination thereof. If this attack was due to another treaty obligation, the other signatory is encouraged to rise to their defense, though not obligated to do so.

You're probably reading from the original MADP.

I suppose it doesn't really matter at this point. I've already argued on here longer than I intended. 

You're probably reading from the original MADP.

I suppose it doesn't really matter at this point. I've already argued on here longer than I intended. 

We talked plenty to our allies about any possible large FA moves of that nature, if they were able to be contacted (that includes sending messages ingame, etc). Funny you should talk about dismissive and in passing, as if I remember correctly we were informed that you would be signing MI6 randomly in the middle of a conversation, and it was not "we are thinking of doing so" it was more like this: "Well, we are in the process with signing an MDoAP with MI6"

That be a chaining treaty my friend :)

Did you read the last sentence? You were attacked due to attacking in defense of NSO, i.e. another treaty obligation, were you not? Not that it matters, since, you know, we did enter and did defend you. Still, that is the very definition of non-chaining, and that clause was in there because you insisted on signing treaties with every alliances that we had poor relations with.

You guys really need to stop mentioning this damage per nation thing when you are on the outnumbered side of a war. It isn't anything at all to be proud of, there are no medals to gain as it's a given fact that when you have more nations to attack you should definitely be inflicting the most damage overall.

My nation alone could have achieved more than that in one round of war.

You're still irrelevant.

My nation alone actually did better than the totals of their war.

1. Wait, so I rip on IRON for lacking the balls to fight a war in which they aren't guaranteed the win. Samus counters with Bipolar. Isn't the main TOP/IRON whining point about Bipolar that they thought they had it in the bag before the whole Bipolar part of Bipolar? So Samus' counter argument to me stating that IRON won't fight a losing war, is to bring up a war they would never have fought if they knew they might lose? And then IRON and the CoC in Karma, I think we all know how that went.

2. WarriorSoul has it covered.

3. Yes, I'm sure you battled long and hard for all 3.6 million casualties that you have.

4. I only lost about 20k tech, although I'm not sure anyone expects anything resembling reality from you in the first place nowadays. You see, I'd happily go to ZI/ZT fighting a good stand up fight burning all the NS I can off of scum like RON. You cannot abide the concept of losing pixels and you attribute your fear of losing pixels to others.

IRON having to go back to bipolar to prove their point is funny.  In Bipolar as you said they thought they had a chance of winning (and were following TOP's lead).  In Karma they along with a bunch of other alliances had to be shamed into defending NPO.

IRON has never been anything more than a large, militarily incompetent, glorified meat shield for better alliances.

1. Wait, so I rip on IRON for lacking the balls to fight a war in which they aren't guaranteed the win. Samus counters with Bipolar. Isn't the main TOP/IRON whining point about Bipolar that they thought they had it in the bag before the whole Bipolar part of Bipolar? So Samus' counter argument to me stating that IRON won't fight a losing war, is to bring up a war they would never have fought if they knew they might lose? And then IRON and the CoC in Karma, I think we all know how that went.

2. WarriorSoul has it covered.

3. Yes, I'm sure you battled long and hard for all 3.6 million casualties that you have.

4. I only lost about 20k tech, although I'm not sure anyone expects anything resembling reality from you in the first place nowadays. You see, I'd happily go to ZI/ZT fighting a good stand up fight burning all the NS I can off of scum like RON. You cannot abide the concept of losing pixels and you attribute your fear of losing pixels to others.

Starting a war you know you won't win doesn't seem like a good idea, when did a major alliance ever say screw it and start a war that would never have happened if they didn't attack first and they knew they were guaranteed to lose.

This is surprising, it looks like you have another rendezvous for a beating. 

IRON having to go back to bipolar to prove their point is funny.  In Bipolar as you said they thought they had a chance of winning (and were following TOP's lead).  In Karma they along with a bunch of other alliances had to be shamed into defending NPO.

IRON has never been anything more than a large, militarily incompetent, glorified meat shield for better alliances.

If that was the case no one would be whining like little !@#$%*es, rather they would feel sorry for IRON for being so helpless. 

Maybe it is case, if so you should try to help IRON. 

But yeah you really have no reason to be butthurt at IRON if you think that. 

Edited by Commander shepard

Starting a war you know you won't win doesn't seem like a good idea, when did a major alliance ever say screw it and start a war that would never have happened if they didn't attack first and they knew they were guaranteed to lose.

Defending an ally from a losing war doesn't seem like a good idea either.

Just because I was curious and wanted to know..

Bipolar was almost six years ago, and Karma even longer ago than that. There has to a limit at which you can't continue to talk about how bad you had it, and six years might be a good cutoff point. :|

The fact that Optional Defense Network is still a thing that goes around shows that nobody will ever believe that alliances or people change ever.

You usually get an early exit so it isn't all bad. 

Good god. That you and Samus are all RON can usually muster to even attempt a defense of itself on the OWF is embarrassing. I understand why NG took you back now. Absolute pity that your alliance mates were saddled with the two of you as public voices.

If that was the case no one would be whining like little !@#$%*es, rather they would feel sorry for IRON for being so helpless. 

Maybe it is case, if so you should try to help IRON. 

But yeah you really have no reason to be butthurt at IRON if you think that. 

Didn't your emperor order a radio silence?

Good god. That you and Samus are all RON can usually muster to even attempt a defense of itself on the OWF is embarrassing. I understand why NG took you back now. Absolute pity that your alliance mates were saddled with the two of you as public voices.

That's a bit of an overstatement, while you're probably going to turn around and say "no you", yeah IRON screwed up in the past, but please continue to use that as your main and only point. 

Yeah you will probably mention that again, it's practically in every post so it doesn't need to be repeated because it's all you spout out. 

Your issue with IRON or RON as you like to call them is entirely meaningless as your alliance has no drive and doesn't do anything, it does even less than what you call "lapdogs". The only thing your alliance does that could be considered meaningful is posting about how bad you have it and who should pay for all the inaction your alliance done.

I was actually annoyed that you post crap on the forums but it sorta makes sense now because you're from an alliance of inaction, hate posting is your primary/only method of attack. 

True, just a mess of uncooked bacon. I'd rather war Umbrella, they know what their doing. At least for one round anyway. :)

Also: Hello, wanna fight?

So you chose not to defend your MD ally, chaining or not, in a war that was literally designed to attack them. I don't know what rock your head has been under but that war was set up as a revenge hit on NPO. I was just dumb enough to give them a CB. You had an obligation, you shirked it, and are somehow mad that you're being called out on it.

It  was our fault. We should of oA'd w/ UPN and requested back up from TPF so they would have had an excuse you are more familiar with from your allies. "Sorry we cant defend you, you are on the losing side."

That's a bit of an overstatement, while you're probably going to turn around and say "no you", yeah IRON screwed up in the past, but please continue to use that as your main and only point. 

Yeah you will probably mention that again, it's practically in every post so it doesn't need to be repeated because it's all you spout out. 

Your issue with IRON or RON as you like to call them is entirely meaningless as your alliance has no drive and doesn't do anything, it does even less than what you call "lapdogs". The only thing your alliance does that could be considered meaningful is posting about how bad you have it and who should pay for all the inaction your alliance done.

I was actually annoyed that you post crap on the forums but it sorta makes sense now because you're from an alliance of inaction, hate posting is your primary/only method of attack. 

Should we copy IRON's politics of being spineless and ducking every major losing war to save pixels so other alliances will want to ally us to use our stats? Only getting rolled when after 5 or so years you've backed out on too many alliances where you finally have to take your beating?

The fact that Optional Defense Network is still a thing that goes around shows that nobody will ever believe that alliances or people change ever.

You may have a point about those swell cats over at ODN, but in the case of IRON, trust me when I tell you that they are one of the few constants in this world.

It is hard to defend when you flip the BS backwards a couple years after the same bull was pulled. That's one of the things that made me walk away in the first place. I mean I missed almost 2 years, but nothing has changed... and that is the sad thing!

I could give a fk less about you or what you think, if you do think. There is no Karma coming anymore. In all of your pandering to win you've all destroyed the BOB. The politics are dead. Why waste time? NPO won. The wars too! They decide who can and can't do everything.

It is ironic that Oculus was the eye in which I/we saw this world die.

Anyone reading this can run the numbers. It's speeding up. This war didn't open errors, it closed them. If there is another winter war ever again it will be lonely because it would take every nation not allied to them to come together just to make a dent!