The Arrival of Alaric

TDO_Resize.jpg

Out with the pilum, in with the lance.

Most wars in TE are good-hearted battles between rivals, or even friends. Most wars are based on nothing more than an eye-up of the stats, and a decision that this or that alliance would make a good, even enough war.

This is not most wars.

In recent rounds, as a community we have discussed the gentleman’s agreement that, when followed correctly, leads to a fun, fair environment for the warring we love. This discussion was at its most obvious in Round 36, when Eurasia declared war on the New Desolate Order, breaking the unwritten rules. Defcon 1 and the Roman Empire leapt to defend NDO, citing the fact that NDO was just out of war, and thus it was unfair. They would lead others to consider them champions of the people. And since that time, D1 has indeed abided well by the unwritten agreement.

RE, on the other hand, has not. You cannot champion one section of the agreement, while repeatedly breaking the other. You cannot break down another for early declaring while subsequently smashing an alliance barely half your size. This is not pick-and-choose.

To make matters worse, the leaders of RE have behaved in a way that a child would be ashamed to behave. They have openly mocked Krabz for surrendering in a war that was under no circumstances fair. They have made it clear to all that they perceive down-declares as perfectly acceptable. In doing so, they are implicitly saying that they will no longer abide by the gentlemen’s agreement.

The worst part is that Roman Empire used to be great. The Dark Order, in fact, includes several former RE leaders, and I am fond of them all. But Lord Hitchcock and Kingneptune have successfully transformed this once proud alliance into a laughing stock, an alliance whose only moves are ones where fairness flies out the window. They would have you enter a world where declaring on half built alliances is an okay thing to do, and that the proper response is to brag about your great victory.

As Edward Gibbon once wrote about Roman government: “Justice, humanity, or political wisdom, are qualities they are too little acquainted with in themselves, to appreciate them in others."

No more.

The Dark Order hereby declares war on the Roman Empire.

I will note here that we would launch this war regardless of what alliance RE had down-declared on. If TPC or OP had been attacked, then we would still be doing this. Before Hitchcock tries to argue it, we are not defending our friends, and they have not asked us to do this. RE has brought this war to their own gates through their own misdeeds.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bring the fire. I love you all.

I'll add that the war email notification came at 12:41... Rather strange.

But fear not, we won't be running for the hills because of a late email.

I've re-read you CB Cazeric, it is more amusing the second time.

The way you have justified your actions using hypocrisy is quite something.

o/ Roman Empire

Edited by Kingneptune

I find your ''good heartedness' amusing. You left out the 100 million dollar round when we nuked you to tears. Must I look at that thread and walk down memory lane?

You also neglected your 'gentlemens agreement' last round hitting us a day out of war.

The fact is- you interpret your own set of 'gentlemens agreements' on the community for your own personal gain.

Your friends Krabz- we gave them peace when it was our TE-given right to smash them considering your own hypocritical actions. Now with that said- I'm not upset. I like our rivalry.- and there should be more like it. Some rounds we make you cry- and other rounds you ping us. The 'great RE' you are referring to was a cookie cutter AA before Neptune took over and they were never a threat to avengers/TDO until he lead the AA. The best damage dealt and received in the last 6 rounds were under Neptune's rule. (no pun kiwi- i miss ya)

Our relationship, in past rounds, this round, and in rounds to come will be like this- and for the sake of redundancy lets just agree that between RE and TDO, gentleman's agreements are out the window. Enjoy your XP, and reference this thread when make you cry, again.

Edited by Lord Hitchcock

hey staccs, remember when you tried making your own AA? and we beat you up... yeah... fun times

come try it now

Oh I forgot I never taught you what a Warchest is. Oops.

$132,774,144 Earned - King Kunta of Paradise City
$131,364,855.57 Spent - The Mitten of The Mitten

So max you have 1.4M. Oh no don't beat me up. I'm sooo scared. Edited by Staccs

come try it now

Oh I forgot I never taught you what a Warchest is. Oops.

$132,774,144 Earned - King Kunta of Paradise City
$131,364,855.57 Spent - The Mitten of The Mitten

So max you have 1.4M. Oh no don't beat me up. I'm sooo scared.

well considering we were just 'out of war' in your fantasy gentleman's agreements, it was safe to pad up.

and don't worry- you would've been out of range anyway. OR you would have cried "down declare!"

Don't flatter yourself Staccs, you seem to be just as useless in TDO as you were in Roman Empire.

Edited by Lord Hitchcock

Mittsy, please don't pretend that you ever have more than a few million at any given time. You've been on the most earned and most spent, so people have been able to see. Your poor warchest is the result of a poor understanding of the game mechanics, not circumstance.

Mittsy, please don't pretend that you ever have more than a few million at any given time. You've been on the most earned and most spent, so people have been able to see. Your poor warchest is the result of a poor understanding of the game mechanics, not circumstance.

I understand the circumstances quite well- it's no surprise that TDO hit, it didn't shock us one bit. Game mechanics aside, I fondly remember you screaming "gentleman's agreement" propaganda when we were rubbing your face in the mud. Enjoy your ping this time, you've earned it

Edited by Lord Hitchcock

I also expect you will hold citadel accountable for their down declare?

Adding an 8 man AA with an alliance already caught up in something, who(no offence NLoN) are not the best of fighters during good times.

Edited by EddyH