The USSR declares war on NDO

rGPgaekd6BL_4dH_jGNW.png                                                                        uZ3lpty.png

We were told that NDO want to attack two of our nations in retaliation for a attack on STC. :smug:

We will only do dirty spy opps in retaliation we hope NDO will do the same

Edited by busyprogamer

The NDO does not recognize this as an official war, but rather as a cowardly raid by a pathetic band of rogues. We will not follow the community rules of engagement, and all actions will hereby be authorized to all NDO and STC nations in retaliation.

Edited by hadesflames

The NDO does not recognize this as an official war, but rather as a cowardly raid by a pathetic band of rogues. We will not follow the community rules of engagement, and all actions will hereby be authorized to all NDO and STC nations in retaliation.

Why?

You made it clear that an attack on STC is an attack on NDO. They attacked STC so they declared war on NDO. How is this not legitimate?

Why?

You made it clear that an attack on STC is an attack on NDO. They attacked STC so they declared war on NDO. How is this not legitimate?

Did you see a declaration of war on STC? I didn't. I only saw raids. They raided us after trying to poach from us a week or so ago. I've been nothing but diplomatic, letting them off the hook when they tried to poach. I offered them a fair offer to resolve the raid which they declined, and proceeded to attack the rest of NDO, only THEN declaring on the forums. This is not a war. It is a raid gone wrong. They must pay the consequences of their foolhardy actions.

Why?

We already stated our position on undeclared wars last round.  Furthermore, these guys were poaching too, attempting to recruit people already part of NDO/STC.  They've shown they don't give a shit about the gentlemen's agreements so they will not be afforded the protections of those agreements.  Their DoW was a day late and a dollar short.  Several dollars short, actually.  Their warchests are simply embarassing. These guys have no idea what they've just started but they're about to find out.

If I said no to you go to war with the members of my alliance you would of don't it anyway or you would've declared on the whole alliance.

We would have worked with you.  The guys who were roguing, they might have been subjected to additional war but your alliance as a whole would have survived.  And you aren't going to survive.  This doesn't even need to be nuclear for us to utterly crush you.  You really don't know what you're doing in this game at all.

We already stated our position on undeclared wars last round.  Furthermore, these guys were poaching too, attempting to recruit people already part of NDO/STC.  They've shown they don't give a !@#$ about the gentlemen's agreements so they will not be afforded the protections of those agreements.  Their DoW was a day late and a dollar short.  Several dollars short, actually.  Their warchests are simply embarassing. These guys have no idea what they've just started but they're about to find out.

The recruitment deal was because someone who didn't know what they were doing was in charge of it.

The recruitment deal was because someone who didn't know what they were doing was in charge of it.

"Someone who didn't know what they were doing".  Seems to be a lot of that going around in your AA.  Two rogue wars, which means there is only a semblance of a chain of command.  These people didn't know that rogue wars aren't tolerated by any established AA's, which means the leadership either didn't inform them or didn't even know themselves.  Government attempting to poach - and I have to ask, if someone doesn't even know poaching is considered out of line why were they given a government position to begin with?  And I've gotten a look at your build strategies as evidenced by how your nations are built.  Don't you have econ guides?

A cursory examination of our AA's disparity in infra and even a basic understanding of economics should have clued you in that declaring on us was a very bad idea as you are both outnumbered and outmatched.  Although, I will give you the benefit of the doubt and assume it to be a courageous updeclare.  Kinda hard to be angry at you, after all this does make for a neat little round opener.  I suppose at the very least you'll learn some valuable lessons

Why?

I see a declaration of war, so to me it's legitimate unless USSR state otherwise

I see a declaration of war, so to me it's legitimate unless USSR state otherwise

You see a declaration of war posted WELL after members of STC were raided by members of USSR. In fact, their leader has literally stated in this thread that they had no intention of going to war with us. They've said this was a raid themselves. They then declared war on us when we asked to settle the issue because they didn't like the consequences of raiding. This war will be treated as an illegitimate raid by the NDO.

Looking at this training AA's are all fair and good and more alliances should try it with newer members. Helps build them up quicker and doesn't impact the entire alliance holding them up throughout war.

I've also seen a lot of oh well this should have been mentioned. As a third party here it's slightly a bit of a half a dozen of this half a dozen of that if you get that expression. While it has been posted on the owf about the protection, excellent NDO should have taken into account that not all people/alliances check the owf. Understandable and all of that and it should have also been in the nation bio.

However on the other hand by god USSR if what's being said is true you poached and found out that they was protected that way when spoken to. Also not only protected but a division of NDO. Where an attack on one is an attack on all. You can't even pull the we don't check the owf card as well because you have been solidly posting here for the last week.

So in all fairness what I'm saying is have at it NDO and USSR sort it out. Either have fun in this all.

I didnt give permission for that raid to be done after I saw who they raided i dealt with it internally but why would I say yes to allowing you to go to war with two members of my alliance

When an alliance is damaged by actions of your members, it's your responsibility to make it right by your aggrieved party. In this case, what we asked was fair. One simple round of wars with the raiders. We wouldn't have used naval blockades or dirty spy ops just some clean war to make it right by us that we were raided. Authorized or not, we were raided. If someone from my alliance had raided you, and I told you "It wasn't authorized, so suck it up." Would you be okay with that? I highly doubt it.

While it has been posted on the owf about the protection, excellent NDO should have taken into account that not all people/alliances check the owf.

As stated, we tried to reach a diplomatic resolution to these raids. We wouldn't simply declare on an alliance the moment we see we've been attacked. We understand shit happens. Not something the USSR seems to be interested in.

Have you spoken to the two members that raided you

It's not our job to, it's yours.  It's your job to explain to them that's not acceptable from the get go.  You are their leader, not us.  They take orders from you, not us.  We're simply respecting your chain of command.

When an alliance is damaged by actions of your members, it's your responsibility to make it right by your aggrieved party. In this case, what we asked was fair. One simple round of wars with the raiders. We wouldn't have used naval blockades or dirty spy ops just some clean war to make it right by us that we were raided. Authorized or not, we were raided. If someone from my alliance had raided you, and I told you "It wasn't authorized, so suck it up." Would you be okay with that? I highly doubt it.

As stated, we tried to reach a diplomatic resolution to these raids. We wouldn't simply declare on an alliance the moment we see we've been attacked. We understand !@#$ happens. Not something the USSR seems to be interested in.

In the rest of my post I did address that I had pick up on you saying that :P

I know you guys aren't going to just go out there and roll them without being diplomatic. ;)