Summarise CN Politics for New Players

XP Mai

I'm a new player, I try to catch up with the happenings in CyberNations as much as I could but fail because of generation difference.

What I mean is, I joined the game later, and participated in the forum even later. Even if I read through the threads, I'll automatically lost my interest because I don't understand too many things. I don't know the root stories at all.

And as this forum is too big and dynamic, it's even harder to catch-up. I did try reading the Wikia, but I feel like being brainwashed because they're all exaggerated. And it'd be unfair for low advanced tech alliances.  And the contents there are quite outdated anyway.

I hereby request someone to spend their free time and summarise me the unbiased current politics of CyberNations.

Here are some start-off points (can be re-ordered):

• What is Oculus? What is it comprised of?
  • What are some infamous raiding alliances?
  • Are there alliances against raiding? And do they provide assistance to victims? Who are they?
  • What are some respectable/notable alliances? Why? (other than dominants)
  • What is anti-NPO? I mean who are the anti-NPOs?
  • Who are the protectorates of whatever alliances? (I realised that big alliances have as many as 10 protectorates, so would be great if someone can graph me up probably using a mindmap)
  • Who are some respectable players? Why?
  • What are some attention-seeking conflicts? (e.g. What's the story of Oculus-MI16 war)
  • What are some most hated alliances? (globally)
  • What are some most hated players? (globally)
  • Which are some great alliances? (in terms of care, characteristic of leaders, foreign and international relations)
  • What are some things I should avoid to do in the game/forum that may harm my nation's foreign relations? (other than forum rules, i.e. not to post screenshot of NPO system)
  • Real democratic alliances are rare because of its complexity. Are there any real democratic alliances? (all leaders are elected, rules are based on voting, basically 100% democracy)
  • Which alliances/players are talented? (in terms of graphic and high-tech systems)
  • Are there any special interesting programmes I can join?
  • What are some influential alliances/players?
Thanks in advance.

Although I've nothing to make this beneficial for you to summarise me, but if you join [ModEdit: Advertising] and determined in that game, I can. ^_^ Edited by Sentinel

• What is Oculus? What is it comprised of?

It's a secret. :P

OK, but really. It's a bloc of alliances who's members have not been officially named.

DBDC, GOONS, other less relevant ones. Depends of your definition of a raiding AA. Most of them get wiped out sooner or later.

• Are there alliances against raiding? And do they provide assistance to victims? Who are they?

Most alliances don't allow raiding. A while back, NPO set up a doctrine to defend red nations from raids. IDK if that is still in effect.

People who don't like NPO, obviously. Mostly it seems to be people who've never gotten over the Pre-Karma war version of NPO.

• What are some attention-seeking conflicts? (e.g. What's the story of Oculus-MI16 war)

MI6 is a terrible alliance built on stolen members and a sense of self entitlement. They've just irritated enough people to get rolled in a planet where the strongest alliances are too busy being allied to roll each other.

Depends on your opinion but heres a few people often express hate for:

MI6

IRON

SNX

DBDC

NPO

Neutral alliances

Immortan Junka/Tywin Lannister

Methrage

IYIyth

Probably me

Some others.

• What are some things I should avoid to do in the game/forum that may harm my nation's foreign relations? (other than forum rules, i.e. not to post screenshot of NPO system)

Posting on OWF in general almost never produces anything good. :P

• Real democratic alliances are rare because of its complexity. Are there any real democratic alliances? (all leaders are elected, rules are based on voting, basically 100% democracy)

They do exist, even if I can't name them. 

• Which alliances/players are talented? (in terms of graphic and high-tech systems)

IRON and NPO have great systems and artists between the two of them. But there are others.

• What are some influential alliances/players?

Many. I'll just say that historically, NPO is probably the most influential alliance, whether you like them or hate them.

It's an incestuous pool of recombinant, dwindling free radicals that combine and split and recombine to form ephemeral patterns of bull shit and drama for the sake of mid-20's and late 30 somethings trying to beat the last good times they can out of the nostalgia machine.

DBDC, GOONS, other less relevant ones. Depends of your definition of a raiding AA. Most of them get wiped out sooner or later.

Please give me their full names instead of acronyms because I don't know.

People who don't like NPO, obviously. Mostly it seems to be people who've never gotten over the Pre-Karma war version of NPO.

Can you elaborate?

MI6 is a terrible alliance built on stolen members and a sense of self entitlement. They've just irritated enough people to get rolled in a planet where the strongest alliances are too busy being allied to roll each other.

Can you elaborate?

Depends on your opinion but heres a few people often express hate for:
  • MI6
  • IRON
  • SNX
  • DBDC
  • NPO
  • Neutral alliances

All alliances are new to me, so I can't recognise their acronyms. And please reason.

Immortan Junka/Tywin Lannister
Methrage
IYIyth
Probably me
Some others.

Reasons?

Posting on OWF in general almost never produces anything good. :P

What is OWF?

Please give me their full names instead of acronyms because I don't know.

Can you elaborate?

Can you elaborate?

All alliances are new to me, so I can't recognise their acronyms. And please reason.

Reasons?

What is OWF?

1. Doombird Doomcave / Goon Order of Oppression, Negligence, and Sadism

2. They are people who do not like the New Pacific Order, what is not to get?

3. Do your own research by looking through the records, they aren't hard to find.

4. MI6, Independent Republic of Orange nations / Supernova - X, Doombird Doomcave, New Pacific Order, Green Protection Agency, Grey Council, World Task Force, Valhalla

5. Do you own research on this, you'll find out why eventually.

6. Open World Forum

Edited by Franz Ferdinand

It's an incestuous pool of recombinant, dwindling free radicals that combine and split and recombine to form ephemeral patterns of bull !@#$ and drama for the sake of mid-20's and late 30 somethings trying to beat the last good times they can out of the nostalgia machine.

I've missed you.