• Replies 518
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lol still on this? 

lol you act like it stopped?

Is this the part where I tell you to join MI6?

No you've already done that about 20 times a 21 isnt necessary.

Do you expect us to believe Chim has been poaching since he was 6 years old

I guess the joke is on you for joining an alliance run by a 6 year old then?  

Let's pretend there is any truth behind this statement for a second. Would you rather your enemy just lie down and not even attempt to put up a fight? Isn't the entire point of war on Bob at this point to provide us with our yearly entertainment to remind us why we don't hate this world?

But if people don't believe the reasons they develop for justifying the war, isn't the entire exercise of war reduced to annoying schedules, the compiling of statistics, and repetitive rote mechanical motions? Basically the fun experience itself is believing your opponent deserves it, not the instrumental task of war itself.

But if people don't believe the reasons they develop for justifying the war, isn't the entire exercise of war reduced to annoying schedules, the compiling of statistics, and repetitive rote mechanical motions? Basically the fun experience itself is believing your opponent deserves it, not the instrumental task of war itself.

Yo wasup IAT?

Do you really believe these "just because" DoWs, which have become so popular post-MK's preempt of NPO way back when, is the way to go when you want to believe your "opponent deserves it"?

Great example of the time-honored strategy: attack an irrelevant, isolated target to prevent your hegemony from turning on itself. Unfortunately, nothing lasts forever.

Err, are we forgetting that MI6 only became irrelevant after purposefully antagonizing quite a few people that are now attacking them?

This hegemony wasn't turning on itself for at least one war cycle, anyway.

How do I only have one target right now... ONE TARGET?  The best fighter in CN, and I get one lousy target...  MI6 please help me out, and toss some declarations my way.

`YOU at least got one. 

Im just sitting on the dock of the bay

watching the tide roll away.

We haven't tried to settle things with NPO? Really?

I suppose trying is different than succeeding. You and Shuru have been a pleasure to talk to though, if it's any consolation.

Yo wasup IAT?

Do you really believe these "just because" DoWs, which have become so popular post-MK's preempt of NPO way back when, is the way to go when you want to believe your "opponent deserves it"?

I counted three "legitimate" CB's there. And besides, I've never seen the reason why any grievance whatsoever, up to and including a desire and capacity to bring destruction down on someone, isn't alright. I think people forget that the quite a few of the earliest wars in CN were explicitly started over insults and nothing more. Sure, there are prudent reasons for not attacking people over anything and everything, but to my eye the idea that CB's have become less "legitimate" over time is less the case than that there were fewer that were accepted as such.

Sit down, puppet.

You first ;p.

Yo wasup IAT?

Not much omni, just playing my part in wartime !@#$ slinging.

I don't really care about the quality of the OP, or the expressed rationale for war- what really matters in a war is that people be motivated in some meaningful way. Wars of convenience are routine, wars with a story don't have to be. A solid cb with an uninspiring target can be meaningless, a nonexistent justification with a bitter underpinning can be fantastic. A war need not be balanced, or risky to be good- it only needs to be worthwhile to those undertaking it.

I'd say this war has a story, and if it's worthwhile and meaningful to those undertaking it that's really all that matters. In the case of NPO-MK- I'd say the same applied. I was in NPO for that after all, and it was certainly a profound moment.

That being said, what is dull and probably more harmful to the international community than this war (or one's like it), is the constant critique from the standpoint of its harm on the [ooc]game[/ooc]. At the end of the day that's really just a veiled threat to take your ball and go home, isn't it? Though I would posit perhaps we're thinking about it the wrong way, perhaps that's not a threat at all, maybe someone can aspire to finally [ooc]'win' cybernations[/ooc]? Edited by iamthey