Is it really profitable to raid?

XP Mai

Although I'm still new to this game, but I'm gaining experience through the Tournament Edition and now I feel like I'm an expert. :P

In CyberNations, I did attack a nation by the order of my superior. The nation was within my strength, although I won, but I've losses. Same goes to the guy.

In Tournament Edition, I tried to raid. Although I win the battles, but the spending for the battles are more than the loots, making me to have losses. Sometimes, I don't even have loots even though I win.

None of my war experience is profitable at all.

Edited by XP Mai

Short answer is no.

Long answer is still no but involves lots of words with one codicil - very large nations that can raid and accumulate land without reprisal can profit immensely.

You always end up losing unless folks do not fight back and it takes a special set of conditions to make it impossible for someone to fight back.

It is actually quite possible to raid at lower levels and make a profit.

What is not possible is to continue doing so indefinitely without setbacks.

It's much like winning at poker. Even the world's best players do not win all the time. Even they can have their 'luck turn sour' and experience devastating losses. A great many people play the game and a very few truly turn a long-term profit doing so.

But if you want to do it you're best off joining an alliance that does it so you can get more candid advice than anyone is going to give here, and more personalized help.

All you have to do to be profitable is loot more from offensive ground attacks than damage you'll take from 6 nukes + 12 or more CMs.  Real raiders don't lose GAs.

This usually starts to happen around the 10k+ tech mark though, there are notable exceptions of really good fighters in the lower tier.

If you raid, you typically do it to gain casualties. So if you measure profitability alongside casualties, then yes it is worth it.

And perhaps some XP, but is that really profit in the normal sense of the word or just stats grinding? I ask because I never understood the concept of casualties as a measure of success - your dudes getting killed seems like a measure of failure. Kind of like picking up the ugly chick at the end of the bar at 2 am, yeah you might get a lil sumptin sumptin but is that really what you woke up in the morning looking to do?

This usually starts to happen around the 10k+ tech mark though, there are notable exceptions of really good fighters in the lower tier.

Mainly all it requires in the lower tiers is activity, it's hard to win a GA against someone who is always able to rebuy troops within a few moments of being attacked. (This is also why you should not attack at the same time every day, since it allows your opponent to prepare for your attack fairly easily.)

And perhaps some XP, but is that really profit in the normal sense of the word or just stats grinding? I ask because I never understood the concept of casualties as a measure of success - your dudes getting killed seems like a measure of failure. Kind of like picking up the ugly chick at the end of the bar at 2 am, yeah you might get a lil sumptin sumptin but is that really what you woke up in the morning looking to do?

XP is definitely profitable, although it's hard to assign it a set value, generals can certainly generate real increases in income.

Casualties is not the ideal measure perhaps but it's the best one admin has given us to use as a proxy for fun, in the sense of adventure. It would be nice to have other measures, like casualties inflicted as you mention, wars fought, nukes sent and received, etc; we could get a much more accurate score if the game kept track of such things. But it doesn't. The closest we can get is casualties taken, so it will have to do.

At any rate it's the one stat where gains are permanent. Tech, land, infra, even money can be taken away. But not your casualties. Some people value reliability.

XP is definitely profitable, although it's hard to assign it a set value, generals can certainly generate real increases in income.

Casualties is not the ideal measure perhaps but it's the best one admin has given us to use as a proxy for fun, in the sense of adventure. It would be nice to have other measures, like casualties inflicted as you mention, wars fought, nukes sent and received, etc; we could get a much more accurate score if the game kept track of such things. But it doesn't. The closest we can get is casualties taken, so it will have to do.

At any rate it's the one stat where gains are permanent. Tech, land, infra, even money can be taken away. But not your casualties. Some people value reliability.

Thanks...I had not considered it that way.

Short answer is no.

You always end up losing unless folks do not fight back and it takes a special set of conditions to make it impossible for someone to fight back.

But everyone will naturally defend...

Mainly all it requires in the lower tiers is activity, it's hard to win a GA against someone who is always able to rebuy troops within a few moments of being attacked. (This is also why you should not attack at the same time every day, since it allows your opponent to prepare for your attack fairly easily.)

If he/she don't rebuy troops, I've another problem: victory chance too high

But everyone will naturally defend...

As long as that person doesn't have no troops, you can lower the amount of soldiers and tanks you deploy everyday.

Edited by Isolatar

Yep.

Back in my PC days, before I could field over 150k troops, coordinated attacks with your war buddies was always the best way to crush GA's and maximize land gains.  Then deploy home so they can't beat you in a counter attack.

Sell racks, GCs, lower defcon and cancel trades.  If its still too high that's on you homie.