Pacific News Network International #23: Pacifica Turns 12!

Elegarth

No shortage of bootlickers it seems.  People here have a very short memory.

Now now.... it's not nice to make fun of old people who are starting to lose memory ;)

Here in Pacifica we are working on specialty canes which allow the aging CN player to not only manage his/her nation from the console on the cane, but to also to use as a guiding device should they get lost in the dusty caverns of the OWF where other crusty old players walk from time to time. 

Here in Pacifica we are working on specialty canes which allow the aging CN player to not only manage his/her nation from the console on the cane, but to also to use as a guiding device should they get lost in the dusty caverns of the OWF where other crusty old players walk from time to time. 

Good thing I'm not old  :smug:

Isn't a Revolution in perpetuity a self-licking ice cream cone?  The answer is yes.  Yes it is. 

The only problem with a self-licking ice cream cone is that eventually, you run our of ice cream.

Cheers, Pacifica!  smileys-ice-cream-847354.gif

I would kindly recommend reading some of my comrade Vladimir's works or might I humbly suggest my own, to enlighten yourself as to the meaning of permanent revolution.

I would kindly recommend reading some of my comrade Vladimir's works or might I humbly suggest my own, to enlighten yourself as to the meaning of permanent revolution.

Which of these works is best suited for the novice scholar to start oneself on the path to enlightenment?

I have read them, ES posted them back in the day on the NpO boards - at the time when we in the Orders were still 'brothers.'

I was just making a political pun.  Don't get to use 'self-licking cone' very often.  :ehm:

When told the reason for "Daylight Saving Time" an old Indian said "Only the government would believe that you could cut a foot off the top of a blanket, sew it to the bottom, and have a longer blanket."

Revolution works the same way.  It's not a revolution once the war has been fought.  In the end, the 'proletariat' just has a new master.  They also get exactly nothing, unless they are central in the 'revolution.'  We have all studied the Russian revolution, modeled/written/wrought by Marx/Lenin.

"Revolution", to the common man, only changes the master...it frees no one.

Disaster.  Every time.

When told the reason for "Daylight Saving Time" an old Indian said "Only the government would believe that you could cut a foot off the top of a blanket, sew it to the bottom, and have a longer blanket."

Revolution works the same way.  It's not a revolution once the war has been fought.  In the end, the 'proletariat' just has a new master.  They also get exactly nothing, unless they are central in the 'revolution.'  We have all studied the Russian revolution, modeled/written/wrought by Marx/Lenin.

"Revolution", to the common man, only changes the master...it frees no one.

Disaster.  Every time.

Your beliefs are directly contradicted by the results of the recent revolution in SNX. When an alliance government loses touch with reality, and plunges the alliance into chaos, a revolution allows a new government to restore it to stability and efficiency.

Your analysis presumes that an alliance government is a "bad" thing, and while that may sometimes be so, it is rarely worse than sitting on none.

Congrats on turning 12! You guys were the dominate force when the Libertarian Empire formed & continued to be the dominate alliance in CN until the Karma War knocked you off your Thrown.

You guys have done well re-branding yourselves & adjusting for past mistakes. For being around 8.2 years, seeing you guys take number one under the climate of 2007-2008 when I joined, then seeing you guys rise to number 1 again after the Karma War aftermath is truly impressive. Despite the lengths some alliances took to keep you down, you've outlasted them & taken number one again.

So Happy Birthday Pacifica! Your endurance to overcome obstacles as the world falls into chaos & rise back above your opposition is truly impressive. Regardless of what I think of any individual decisions you've made, your dedication & staying power is worthy of respect. The world is only as interesting as what those inhabiting it can make of it.

Edited by Methrage