Round for history books

I know its not over,  and put the politics and rhetoric aside for a few minutes . 

Knowing that this is a game where we build then kill and break pixels

There are going to be huge ending numbers and everyone has contributed.  Yes we started with 100 mil which allowed these big numbers, but it also allowed us to develop our nations to be able to do thing, and in ways we have never done before.  I think it has reinvigorated the game.

I look at the "Cyber Nations Tournament Edition Records " screen  Citizen James will have 1.5 mil + Casualties,  WoW what a job

An Alliance with 20+ mil casualties killed & lost ..  The big money earners closing in on 1 Billion  And to win largest strength you will need a number near 60k

And if Admin starts us next round with 100 mil again all these numbers will be surpassed.

Again put the politics and rhetoric aside for a few minutes,  what did you think, as you reflex on round 36

I think it is a good change, but I don't think it should be the case every round.

For the newbies, having nuclear war is a nice change. For those of us who have nukes in SE, this allows us to experience non-nuclear warfare again.

I think a rotation between the two styles would be a good compromise, going forward :)

I think it is a good change, but I don't think it should be the case every round.

For the newbies, having nuclear war is a nice change. For those of us who have nukes in SE, this allows us to experience non-nuclear warfare again.

I think a rotation between the two styles would be a good compromise, going forward :)

I agree..

I disagree respectfully. Always forcing new rulers to have to learn 100 million strategy & then 10 million increases the learning curve of the game and it will run rulers away. That is 90 million less and Commish, you made the case yourself; why walk away from these epic numbers that have been put up in round 36? Check out the TE: suggestion topic where I have campaigned for making the 100 million surplus permanent. That 100 million allows everyone an opportunity to play with all of the war mechanics of the game if they choose. 100 mill lets you choose to build early or fight early. 10 mill takes away your choices.

Oh, this round was FANTASTIC!!!! Pure and simple :) Let's reflect a bit. In the beginning, the nuke happy nations were excited to go to war but left their SDI's @ home so you had like 200+ consecutive direct hits LOL. I wish I could have been a part of that but I enjoyed watching it from the sidelines & I have been nuked plenty this round so I didn't miss much :) Also, props to all alliances for awesome wars but Eurasia seem to be the catalyst for war and forum entertainment that I have never experienced in my short time playing TE.

Edited for additional content.

Edited by King Obsidian

I disagree respectfully. Always forcing new rulers to have to learn 100 million strategy & then 10 million increases the learning curve of the game and it will run rulers away. That is 90 million less and Commish, you made the case yourself; why walk away from these epic numbers that have been put up in round 36? Check out the TE: suggestion topic where I have campaigned for making the 100 million surplus permanent. That 100 million allows everyone an opportunity to play with all of the war mechanics of the game if they choose. 100 mill lets you choose to build early or fight early. 10 mill takes away your choices.

The learning curve was what I feel made the round... Keeps us off balance and not complacent  .. if it stay at same amount does it get a little boring.  Someone said in another post said a billion for start up one time that would blow your minds, then turn around and be back at 10 would catch everyone off guard... I like change make the game interesting , other wise it might become to robotic ...

Just having brain farts

The learning curve was what I feel made the round... Keeps us off balance and not complacent  .. if it stay at same amount does it get a little boring.  Someone said in another post said a billion for start up one time that would blow your minds, then turn around and be back at 10 would catch everyone off guard... I like change make the game interesting , other wise it might become to robotic ...

Just having brain farts

Definitely agree with this. Out of the 12 or so rounds I've played, this has been the best. 1 million casualties is awesome.

Mega Round #36 has been a great round!  D1 has a great deal of the stats, mostly because too many sat on the fence while we warred.  Best wishes to all next round!

Edited by Hoosier

Agreed.

Since I am likely to win the casualty crown, it has been a great round :p

On a serious note though, it was a lot of fun. I believe we need to have these sort of "wildcard" rounds, where everyone is thrown a curveball and folks have to figure out strategy quickly and on the fly. The usual suspects did very well in terms of money, but how many of our newer and less experienced members finally got to see what it is like to have a truly massive nation?

For a 60 day round, people were able to do some really impressive things. If this were a 90 day round, it'd be absurd. I'm looking forward to updating the record book tomorrow.  

Since I am likely to win the casualty crown, it has been a great round :P

On a serious note though, it was a lot of fun. I believe we need to have these sort of "wildcard" rounds, where everyone is thrown a curveball and folks have to figure out strategy quickly and on the fly. The usual suspects did very well in terms of money, but how many of our newer and less experienced members finally got to see what it is like to have a truly massive nation?

For a 60 day round, people were able to do some really impressive things. If this were a 90 day round, it'd be absurd. I'm looking forward to updating the record book tomorrow.  

Congrats on the casualty crown.... I tried to help Staccs (with todays numbers) I think I killed 200k of his Soldiers :gun:

Showing my age..I could not remmber who kept the record book... We all thank you for your hard work keeping up with that stuff.