Increase War Incentives

THE PROBLEM: Too many nations are not engaging in war.  Whether it is because they are a new or inexperienced ruler and are still learning how to build and fight; or it’s a ruler who believes “just five more days” of no war will make the difference but ultimately won’t go to war even after 40 + days of building unless attacked. It is fun to build, but it is even more fun to fight and in a 60 day tournament fighting should be encouraged.  Peace mode is for Standard Edition players.  In Tournament Edition, this self-imposed, extended Peace Mode should be discouraged.

SUGGESTED SOLUTION 1.  The 100 million start-up surplus is a fantastic positive war incentive and should be made permanent.

SUGGESTED SOLUTION 2.  A 20% or 40% decrease in solider efficiency; and a -7% happiness for any nation that has NOT been at war for 30 days or more to last until system update on the day that nation becomes engaged in at least two wars. (Yes I realize there are ways around this but that war slot or two that you fill to avoid a “real” battle is a slot your alliance teammates will wish you had available to fight the enemy.)

SUGGESTED SOLUTION 3.  Rulers that start their nations BEFORE the first system update of the round will receive a starting infrastructure level of 199.00. Nations starting BEFORE the 2nd system update, but AFTER the first system update will receive 99.00. (This will encourage early participation in the game. If you start early, you are ready to engage in wars sooner and more often.)

Yes, I don't play TE anymore, I just tried to register but it keeps telling me the temp password is wrong even after requesting a new one three times....  <_<

Anyway, I haven't played in a while but I'm pretty sure this comes down to a lack of players more than a lack of interest in war. It's not a terrible idea though.

EDIT: After finally making a nation, it looks like alliances have declined to almost nothing these days.

Edited by Fox Fire

EDIT: After finally making a nation, it looks like alliances have declined to almost nothing these days.

I think its the learning curve of the game too. People don't have or don't want to take the time to learn the game. Alliance rulers have really got to start protecting the game they love & start doing everything possible to help new nations learn and encourage them to stay around. I know that is a lot of responsibility for a game but if you are trying to lead an alliance then it might just come with the territory. I don't know. I do believe that one or two of the aforementioned suggestions might enhance the game a little.