Euraisa is out of control

Again, your pathetic warchests won't allow for that.

Also let me shed some more light on D1 and D2's hypocrisy. Earlier in this thread, mitten said they had seen the biggest down declares against them... Well I was just declared on by someone twice my size and he managed to incite govt propaganda. You scared? Yeah.. You scared.

He's Eurasia, not D1/D2 :P

Same team lol.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not sure what you are saying there.

Congrats on bringing new nations into TE. I totally agree that we need people who are willing to come and play the game. I'm just not sure I buy the argument that if we just left new alliances alone that everything would be hunky dory and we'd have more people here. Curbstomps are objectively bad, but an equal war with an alliance with experience can be equally as brutal, especially early into a TE career. The fact of the matter is (imo) the people we want here are people who are going to be determined enough to stay not just when they have 7, 14, 21 day of peace, but people who will get mad and actually care when they encounter setbacks.  

I'm not sure why it wouldn't be, but to be clear, no, I don't think curbstomps should be a fact of life. You don't see TPC going around and screwing over people or sticking its nose in other people's affairs. I prefer to think its because that's just good business.

Maybe I'm old, but I just roll my eyes when people come in here and with the same righteous indignation we've seen for eons try to spin some localized threat they are facing as some existential threat to TE. I've been around the block plenty. There are only a hand full of threats where I really thought TE was in trouble if people didn't do something.

Maybe OWF has a role in rallying people, but really the answer is to do what you're doing--get in the trenches and kill. Burn everything to the ground and let your opponent know you'd rather burn for an entire round than live under their thumb. The smart alliances learn not to eff with you :P

I like you. We're really talking about an extreme scenario here though. As long as I've been around, the top 2 reasons why people don't stay here are #1--this requires far more time and effort than SE to be good and #2--this world is more volatile and things don't always go your way. 

There is no magic solution to effectively integrate new players. They are going to take serious and sometimes vicious lumps no matter where they are and how long they are at peace. The key I've found is to keep encouraging them and letting them know that we've all been there. Those that really want to be here will be here. 

I figured I would end on a positive note since I only inflamed things with my last post ;)

You have a good attitude.

I'll bow to experience here; if you say curbstomps aren't the main reason they flee, then that is so. However, it is assumed that they exacerbate the situation.

I'll refrain from righteous posting now. I've said my piece on why this war is happening. Some of you will see it and agree with our reasons, and others will condemn us. But we will stay in these trenches and we will kill, as long as we have to.

I'm prepared to burn to prove our point. Are D1 and D2?

I would disagree with this assessment, while alliances shouldn't be soft in their approach to TE they should be mindful of who they're dealing with at the same time. This last spring I joined TE for the first time in a micro AA with some friends (I think there were 6 of us in the AA together). We were raided by one of the older larger AAs simply to get some XP from us and run away. While I was new to TE, I'm not a newb to this game since I've played SE for almost 7 years now. I thought them trying to run away with a peace offer was ridiculous so I told them we would fight it out for the round. What'd they do because I refused to play by their raiding terms? Not only did they fight out the round with me, but they redeclared on me within 24 hours of the prior round expiring. Since I had nothing vested in TE I just straight quit the game because it really wasn't worth my time to be bullied by people who thought they were God's gift to TE, and if anyone said otherwise they clearly would destroy them to the utter most. I quit TE because I was forced into eternal war because I wasn't willing to play on their terms.

Now I came back this round because I heard from friends that those same AAs were throwing a hissy fit when my friends apparently broke a "gentlemen's agreement" which clearly was an utter joke considering my previous experience with TE. So now I've stuck around this round to make it clear to those who attempt horribly to claim any semblance of a moral high ground that they really have no principles to stand on, and that they were killing the game for new players well before we joined this round by forcing the eternal wars on smaller AAs when they refused to play by their terms. And I'm somebody who actually has almost seven years of experience in SE TE's a cakewalk compared to what I've been through in SE.

• 2 weeks later...