A FvKN Declaration of Existence

That already happened with Red Raiding Safari hitting SNX, so it seems to be the trend. DBDC has been doing it with DS/DK before this. Alliances who aren't doing it already need to adapt in how they view warfare.

Everyone is well adapted to it, bottom line is those who can do something about it will do something about, those who can't, won't, everyone else will cheer for one or the other side.

See there's a reason why SNX is getting raided and lets say not NG, because you know hitting one leads to free land, tech and fun times, hitting other leads to ZI of next few months. It's simple maths. Edited by shahenshah

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

While critical of it in the past, I've come around to this type of warfare. It lets some bad blood get expunged without requiring massive planning beforehand or extensive chaining. It also keeps some of the more bored rulers on Bob a little longer without requiring nations to go full-Kaskus. Dealing with rogues or protectorates can be fun unless you only want to show up to your nation every two weeks (in which case, what were you going to do with that money anyway, brah). 

Guess the real losers in this scenario are inactive alliances, who now have to build ties or have plans for defense, and possibly bigger alliances who face the prospect of having fewer opportunities for war (since grudges get settled faster for more aggressive alliances), and the bigger AAs may have to stick their neck out for wars to get started, rather than relying on their smaller and more assertive brethren to start globals.

Edit: Of course, we know that the real winner is Mogar, who has a lot more to complain about.

[spoiler]Also, removed some OOC language. Sorry. Warn if needed.[/spoiler]

Edited by Duderonomy

Everyone is well adapted to it, bottom line is those who can do something about it will do something about, those who can't, won't, everyone else will cheer for one or the other side.

See there's a reason why SNX is getting raided and lets say not NG, because you know hitting one leads to free land, tech and fun times, hitting other leads to ZI of next few months. It's simple maths.

Any alliance can retaliate when attacked, but those who don't advertise themselves as easy targets for more raiders. So some alliances are better adapted than others.

Edited by Methrage

Poor GOONS will never get their own SharkWeek at this rate. :facepalm:

KingZog is a decent guy with a swell mustache and good sense of humor. Sounds like he's enjoying his retirement years in a micro fighting like a true NoRlandic warrior. I'd suggest someone take him to Valhalla, but no fighters on Bob end up there. :awesome:

I got a good laugh out of this

This looks exciting. Though I think recruiting will struggle. Too many clothes based off of previous German images. 

Is this better?

yvw7t8cvfjlod7tr9du1.jpg

Depends what's done with it. I suspect, knowing Zog, that he has a specific plan in mind for this project and wouldn't have done it otherwise.

Nothing specific at the moment, no, although I can think of many times in the past when it would have come in handy.

The inspiration for this came from a project of The Templar Knights during The Unjust War. (This was back in the days of NoV.) TTK and NoV were not allies, but our relations were quite close. TTK was uninvolved in the conflict, and their then-leader came up with the idea of creating an AA, NoV-protected, for the sole purpose of allowing willing TTK nations to participate in the conflict at NoV's side. And this is precisely what they did, under the name 'Guard of Ares'. The AA vanished once the war ended, and its members went back to TTK. (For many current TTK members this will probably come as a huge surprise, in a "We did what?" kind of way....)

It seemed like a good idea then, and it isn't a terrible idea now. Of course during a global conflict the only people who might join would have to be from alliances other than Nordreich, but in small-scale wars involving our friends it would afford an opportunity for NoR nations to participate in something without ghosting another alliance's AA or losing their membership in Nordreich. After all, one of the greatest complaints in small-scale fights of the kind going on right now comes from those people on the periphery who are muttering that they really wish they could jump in somehow....

EDIT: Plus it give me a chance to sit on the most childishly-named AA on Planet Bob. Well, some might think it's sophomoric. I think it's pretty FvKN good, m'self.

Edited by kingzog

Most childish AA on Bob? You do recall there was an alliance once named Officer I Swear She Said She Was 18? Or CRaP?

SSSW18. Had the pleasure of smashing those crypto-pedos a few wars back.

As expected

Missed this my first go 'round since I have your inanities on ignore just about everywhere. So...

*ahem*

Oh, hey! It's Pulisher pretending he knows something! (Hint: You don't.)

Is this better?

yvw7t8cvfjlod7tr9du1.jpg

Nothing specific at the moment, no, although I can think of many times in the past when it would have come in handy.

The inspiration for this came from a project of The Templar Knights during The Unjust War. (This was back in the days of NoV.) TTK and NoV were not allies, but our relations were quite close. TTK was uninvolved in the conflict, and their then-leader came up with the idea of creating an AA, NoV-protected, for the sole purpose of allowing willing TTK nations to participate in the conflict at NoV's side. And this is precisely what they did, under the name 'Guard of Ares'. The AA vanished once the war ended, and its members went back to TTK. (For many current TTK members this will probably come as a huge surprise, in a "We did what?" kind of way....)

It seemed like a good idea then, and it isn't a terrible idea now. Of course during a global conflict the only people who might join would have to be from alliances other than Nordreich, but in small-scale wars involving our friends it would afford an opportunity for NoR nations to participate in something without ghosting another alliance's AA or losing their membership in Nordreich. After all, one of the greatest complaints in small-scale fights of the kind going on right now comes from those people on the periphery who are muttering that they really wish they could jump in somehow....

EDIT: Plus it give me a chance to sit on the most childishly-named AA on Planet Bob. Well, some might think it's sophomoric. I think it's pretty FvKN good, m'self.

I can neither confirm nor deny that guard of ares ever existed or that you at 2 am barged in to baps channel and bullied them for threatining nukes on GOA.  LOL good times Zog good luck in this what ever it may be

Two weeks to the day after switching to this AA I've decided that, while the project is sound, I'm not the one to do it. [OOC]Yes, there are very real and very personal OOC reasons that have come up in the last couple of days. No, I'm not going to go into them right now.[/OOC]

Many thanks to Nordreich and Doom Kingdom for their protection, and to others for their kind words and support.

While it's no longer the 'in' thing to request a lock....there's honestly no point in keeping this thread open. Perhaps a Mod will figure that out. Hope springs eternal.

Toodles.

SSSW18. Had the pleasure of smashing those crypto-pedos a few wars back.

Only after they assisted in disbanding your crypto-WW2 german alliance a few years before that, or do we always throw stones in glass houses zog?

So Mogar pops into a thread for the sole purpose of once again ignoring a treaty his alliance signed.

And folks wonder why I think color treaties are stupid. (Hint: It's because nobody ever abides by them and alliances rarely enforce violations. 'One Big Happy Family' was a dead letter before the ink was dry.)

However, this is not a thread about you, Methrage Lite. Please stop trying to de-rail it with your nonsense and attention-whoring.

The difference between us is I know what I do Kingzog, where you whine about attention whoring in a thread literally about you creating a one man AA, the very definition of attention whoring.

The difference between us is I know what I do Kingzog, where you whine about attention whoring in a thread literally about you creating a one man AA, the very definition of attention whoring.

Interesting. Did I create a one man AA? You really want to argue that point? I suggest you put down the pictures of barely-pubescent girls and practice your reading comprehension.