Mega Round #36 100mil WC's

Mega Round #36  100mil WC's
Clearly taunting AA's and nations bring fire to the game

This Mega round has really gone soft.  All this money hasn't made much of a difference in play.  When opening round saw D1 starting on day one, most were astonished.  So were back to the ho hum build stacking money and crushing our advisarys mentally not phycially.  So as most of us just sit around the camp fire wondering who's gonna make the next move.  Super Hero's are refining their their sharp skills of WarChests. Suspect them to make a play against all of TE.  My guess! lol  Well they are super heros!  Love them this game but D1 will taunt like we did with Eurasia.  So lets make some history in ending this edition.  Maybe admin will give us 50 mil next round!  

Personally, I think a return to the baseline would be better; 100 million was fun for a once off, but I think it would get boring if done every round.

Perhaps alternating, one round at the baseline, one round at some arbitrarily higher point would make the rounds feel different enough such that player retention was increased?

I want a billion.

Lmao....... 

Yeah I have to agree Cal, and the other thing is it's far easier for Rouges to just reroll.

At any rate it is/was interesting to say the least :/

BG

Well, let's not let rogues shape the game they seem to be in check.  If we rotated editions 10mil, 20mil, 50mil, 100mil once a yr.  It make the options of the game chg from usuual 10mil.  I am all for seeing it chg a little each round.  

Edited by Hoosier

Lmao....... 

Well, let's not let rogues shape the game they seem to be in check.  If we rotated editions 10mil, 20mil, 50mil, 100mil once a yr.  It make the options of the game chg from usuual 10mil.  I am all for seeing it chg a little each round.  

That's actually a pretty good idea. 3 month rounds.

Well, more money will just mean bigger nations, so 50 millions will have nations half as big as now, and lets say 200 million will have nations twice as big (on average), if you are not good at money management or war chest skills, start up money wont make a big difference, you will either end up big with no money, or small with too much money.

with 10 million we had CIA rouges, with 100 million we have nuclear rouges, we will always have rouges, so i agree with cowboy on that one.

i would like to see a billion, at some point, and i think the idea of changing the start up money each round is a great idea, but i think it should be a bigger scale than 10 million, 50 million ,100millon..

i would suggest it be a*10 million where a>=1 and is a multiple of 10, so would go 10 million, 100 million, 1 billion, 10 billion....

but i am also ok with going back to the old way, i like this game regardless of average nation size :)

Yeah strategy chgs with each possible start.  A billion would really start off warring hard I am sure.  It's not rocket science for the builders of TE its about down time holding collections.  War length s/b raised w/each 10mil/ 5day wars, 20 mil/7days wars, 50 mil/9days war, 100mil/14day wars.  This would make AA's have to recover more from wars.  Five day wars w/100mil is a walk in the park.  When it goes longer and WC's get hit harder, it is a new game.  just say'en

Yeah strategy chgs with each possible start.  A billion would really start off warring hard I am sure.  It's not rocket science for the builders of TE its about down time holding collections.  War length s/b raised w/each 10mil/ 5day wars, 20 mil/7days wars, 50 mil/9days war, 100mil/14day wars.  This would make AA's have to recover more from wars.  Five day wars w/100mil is a walk in the park.  When it goes longer and WC's get hit harder, it is a new game.  just say'en

The length of war should really stay independent of start up money, its TE, limited time, so war recover and war again, 14 day war against one alliance will be just boring, and 100 million warchest might be enough for it, but 100 million start up only means that nations are gonna be bigger, that does not mean they have a bigger warchest.

warchest has a relation to nation size, the bigger a nation  the more warchest it needs,if i get a start up money of a 100 million, then build up to 4000 infra, but have 25 million or 30 million warchest after that, 14day war is quite impossible, that would only work if i use only 20 million of the 100 million and have a 2000 infra nation with like 80 million or 70 million warchest, that is a different story then.

I think in all scenarios, standard war time should still be 5 days, unless the alliances waring each other agree to make it longer. 

I would prefer things to go back to 10 million, but if they are not going to, then I support Cowboy's idea.

Yeah I am leaning this way too. At least make a bit of a challenge to make your nation.

You should at least have to earn nuclear weapons.

A billion, really people? How lazy are you? Come on now.

Personally, I think a return to the baseline would be better; 100 million was fun for a once off, but I think it would get boring if done every round.

Perhaps alternating, one round at the baseline, one round at some arbitrarily higher point would make the rounds feel different enough such that player retention was increased?

Would 10 million or 100 million really matter if you are getting bored with the game?  It is the same game either way.  The only thing that the money really changes is the amount of Economic  and / or War mechanics of the game you have access to earlier in the round.

For you veterans of CN:TE, you can enjoy the game starting with 10 mill, or 50 mill, or 100 mill; but for first-time or newer rulers, that 100 mill puts them right into the game and if they are lucky enough to join the right alliance and have the right mentors - 1. you decrease the learning curve of the game,  2. you increase the overall enjoyability of the game, and 3. you increase the chances of retaining players for the future of the game.