A Hero Forever Loyal To The Flames Of War Rests In Outer Heaven

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thats a weird way to spell mastabadey  :huh:

I was erring on the side of caution in not naming names offhand. You need to hit me up on IRC or something. I miss my favorite comrade in shit posting already.

If I wanted to bait you, I'd point out in more detail how silly your entire argument was. However, it's not particularly worth my time to try. For some reason, I don't think you sound like the kind of person who'd understand.

Dude, totally run it by The Rebel.  That guy is a logic clearinghouse.

I knew this was going to come up, and I would like to point out that it would only be a valid counterpoint if I had tried to say that both situations were equally bad. I compared the logic behind the mentalities, not the severity of the circumstances themselves. Nice try though.

You cannot separate the logic and the severity when it comes to these issues. And please continue to ignore my previous point about your reverse engineered racism.

Once again, my advice: go experience the world. You may even find that NOT using that particular racial epithet costs you nothing, and can possibly mean a lot to others. 

You cannot separate the logic and the severity when it comes to these issues. And please continue to ignore my previous point about your reverse engineered racism.

Once again, my advice: go experience the world. You may even find that NOT using that particular racial epithet costs you nothing, and can possibly mean a lot to others. 

So comparisons can only be made between two things of precisely equal nature? Good luck with that. If you can't separate the logic from the severity, that betrays a lack of objectivity on your end.

So comparisons can only be made between two things of precisely equal nature? Good luck with that. If you can't separate the logic from the severity, that betrays a lack of objectivity on your end.

You stated that you would tell insensitive jokes around friends you knew (or thought) would be okay with it, which implies that you would not tell these same jokes around other groups of people. Why? Why is it okay around one group of people but not another group? Could it be that the other group of people would think it was racist? 

Now, you talk about MI6, which is an alliance of over 100 people, most of whom are active on the forums and most of whom you probably do not know all that well. Yet, you made that joke. One I personally did not see but am going to assume that if you were standing in front of 100 people of mixed ethnicity, of which you only knew a handful, you probably would not have made that same joke. 

What is even more amusing, as someone who patrons the MI6 forums damn near every day, I don't see the racial slur at all. I have read most of the forums and threads over my ~2 years there and have not seen really anyone throwing that racial slur around as if it is some common use word. I was going to avoid this thread but a lot of things are being said that, as what amounts to an outsider of the situation itself but insider to MI6 itself, are wrong. Overall, MI6 argues amongst itself and it does get dirty and heated but I don't see any racial slurs being thrown around casually by anyone. 

You stated that you would tell insensitive jokes around friends you knew (or thought) would be okay with it, which implies that you would not tell these same jokes around other groups of people. Why? Why is it okay around one group of people but not another group? Could it be that the other group of people would think it was racist? 

Now, you talk about MI6, which is an alliance of over 100 people, most of whom are active on the forums and most of whom you probably do not know all that well. Yet, you made that joke. One I personally did not see but am going to assume that if you were standing in front of 100 people of mixed ethnicity, of which you only knew a handful, you probably would not have made that same joke. 

What is even more amusing, as someone who patrons the MI6 forums damn near every day, I don't see the racial slur at all. I have read most of the forums and threads over my ~2 years there and have not seen really anyone throwing that racial slur around as if it is some common use word. I was going to avoid this thread but a lot of things are being said that, as what amounts to an outsider of the situation itself but insider to MI6 itself, are wrong. Overall, MI6 argues amongst itself and it does get dirty and heated but I don't see any racial slurs being thrown around casually by anyone. 

Except that MI6 has worked hard to build up this image of being "le thick-skinned arrogant ***holes" so trying to coddle people seems hypocritical at best. Also, if you don't see derogatory terms being flung around you aren't paying attention. They may be trying to crack down on it now, but the fact of the matter is it was for a long time a commonplace thing (as well as in IAA1 and 2, from which MI6 derives so much of its roots to the point that the URL IAA3 redirects to the MI6 boards) so to suddenly act like it's some horrible thing we need to shield everyone's eyes from is absurd.

Also, you seem to have missed my earlier point which I made by recalling a similar incident on the Invicta boards. Go have a look and get back to me.

Where is "Outer Heaven" and why is it different than "Inner Heaven"?

Inner Heaven can only be reached by buying me dinner first.

Edited by Shokkou

Well this thread has taught me one thing, Mi6 is clearly a better AA now that this douche is off it.

If there's another point buried in this awful, can someone point it out to me?

Except that MI6 has worked hard to build up this image of being "le thick-skinned arrogant ***holes" so trying to coddle people seems hypocritical at best. Also, if you don't see derogatory terms being flung around you aren't paying attention. They may be trying to crack down on it now, but the fact of the matter is it was for a long time a commonplace thing (as well as in IAA1 and 2, from which MI6 derives so much of its roots to the point that the URL IAA3 redirects to the MI6 boards) so to suddenly act like it's some horrible thing we need to shield everyone's eyes from is absurd.

Also, you seem to have missed my earlier point which I made by recalling a similar incident on the Invicta boards. Go have a look and get back to me.

Inner Heaven can only be reached by buying me dinner first.

Yes because being like you is a good thing... As for missing anything, since I have been in MI6 consistently for over 2 years now and was in IAA2.0 for around a year or so, I saw many insults true but no racial slurs like nigger or any such on the boards of either one. There is a difference between derogatory terms and racial slurs. You should learn them. 

As for Invicta, I don't give two shits what happened on Invicta's boards but apparently you went on some sort of racist spree there as well. Great job of not looking like a jackass and racist. 

You talk about friendship, I like you and think we are friends. That being said, when you are being stupid and a jackass, I will tell you as much. In this case, you should have probably stepped back and realized you were in the wrong and accepted it. Instead, you rogue MI6 like an idiot. You then create this thread and attempt to spread lies and misinformation about leadership in MI6 as well as MI6 as a whole. And to boot, you did not answer my question but instead ignored it. Though I guess that is an answer in and of itself. It also shows that you know what you did was wrong but still refuse to admit it.

As for Invicta, I don't give two !@#$% what happened on Invicta's boards but apparently you went on some sort of racist spree there as well. Great job of not looking like a jackass and racist.

In his defense last I heard of him at invicta he was strongly against the recent treaty and next thing I know he is roguing MI6

Yes because being like you is a good thing... As for missing anything, since I have been in MI6 consistently for over 2 years now and was in IAA2.0 for around a year or so, I saw many insults true but no racial slurs like !@#$%* or any such on the boards of either one. There is a difference between derogatory terms and racial slurs. You should learn them. 

As for Invicta, I don't give two !@#$% what happened on Invicta's boards but apparently you went on some sort of racist spree there as well. Great job of not looking like a jackass and racist. 

You talk about friendship, I like you and think we are friends. That being said, when you are being stupid and a jackass, I will tell you as much. In this case, you should have probably stepped back and realized you were in the wrong and accepted it. Instead, you rogue MI6 like an idiot. You then create this thread and attempt to spread lies and misinformation about leadership in MI6 as well as MI6 as a whole. And to boot, you did not answer my question but instead ignored it. Though I guess that is an answer in and of itself. It also shows that you know what you did was wrong but still refuse to admit it.

For starters, I would be interested in hearing what I did over at Invicta that was even remotely racist. I had some issues with censorship over there was well, but I didn't say anything racist over there unless merely suggesting that Lincoln was less than the messianic hero he's held up to be is somehow racist. I didn't realize "Kool-Aid drinking moron" was a racial slur now.

As for this thread, if you'll notice I said nothing about MI6 in my original post. I would have been perfectly content to throw up my DoE and call it a day. I did not bring MI6 into this until someone else brought up the false story being spread behind my back to smear me, and at that point I gave a lengthy explanation to defend my position. I have spread no lies or misinformation, and I have made no effort to smear MI6 as a whole but rather those individuals who instigated this affair. That being said, this whole debacle having gone on for some days, I would like to add some retrospective to the matter. It appears TheListener may not have been deserving of the amount of rancor I directed at him. I've seen him in this thread and he hasn't come in to attack me, unlike Myth. Barring talking !@#$ about me behind my back, which is not an assumption I'm willing to make about him in these circumstances, I can only conclude that he's been watching this unfold with the same boredom and perhaps even frustration that I myself hold towards this whole ordeal. I still think his handling of the situation wasn't ideal, and I still think he tends to take things more seriously than they often warrant, but having seen things play out the way they have I'm willing to admit that he likely bears no guilt in this matter aside from being one of the initial catalysts (the other being, of course, myself). Now someone has been talking !@#$ behind my back, as evidenced by the fact that the false and context-free version of the story made its way to a non-member who brought it up in this thread. Given the way this thread has gone, I do feel justified in assuming Myth has some culpability in the matter in spite of his assertions to being merely an annoyed observer. This especially in light of the fact that he confronted me on IRC in what I can only deduce was an effort to acquire some sort of statement he could take out-of-context and present as a confession, a-la the "I think Coolsville sucks" scene of that one Scooby Doo movie.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TXAZ7LZsUy8

As for your question, while MI6 has over 100 members, the number of forum regulars is much smaller. Now, if someone wanted to address the issue in a more level-headed manner they certainly could have shot me a PM along with the deletion (I get it. Play it safe and delete it.) saying "Hey, I think some people would prefer it if you steered away from using that word. The more subtle and acceptable way of making that joke is to just call them NGers. If you still want to make that joke, please use that term instead." My response would have been "Sure thing. I thought the capitalization would have made it obvious it wasn't meant to be taken seriously, but I get it. I'll resubmit my post with NGer instead." I would have submitted it with the suggested change, and PMed the person back saying "Just resubmitted my post. We good?" If everything was good, that would have been the end of it. There was no need to jump straight to calling me racist and then imply to my face that clearly the only thing I could possibly be put off about was the inability to use a certain word. That is where things began to escalate.

Edited by Shokkou

To be fair, it could have just as easily been your supporters spreading it as your opponents. Both sides actually say the same thing or near enough to the same thing just that your supporters think you have the right to say a racial slur whenever you please under whatever context you please. Your opponents don't think you have that right. The story though stays the same regardless. 

To be fair, it could have just as easily been your supporters spreading it as your opponents. Both sides actually say the same thing or near enough to the same thing just that your supporters think you have the right to say a racial slur whenever you please under whatever context you please. Your opponents don't think you have that right. The story though stays the same regardless. 

I haven't heard from anyone in MI6 except for what has been in this thread (and the one time Myth contacted me via query) since mastabadey and Charles negotiated for the peace, so I'll take your word for it. The crazy thing is I'm not even asking for people to just let me say whatever I want, but to at least give me (and whomever else winds up stepping on a sensitive subject in the future) the common courtesy of talking the matter out rationally rather than trying to sweep things under the rug and/or make accusations. If people have a certain idea of what they think is respectful and they want others to abide by it, it would be a good idea if they tried showing some respect themselves. It's not a constructive way to resolve conflict to say that the other person's concerns are and I quote "completely irrelevant." No bonus points for guessing where that quote came from.

My issue has always been with the handling of the situation, which I view as hypocritical. People come to me complaining that what I'm saying isn't respectful of the sensitivities of others, yet they give no thought to any of my own. As I stated in one of my responses to Duderonomy, I couldn't give two !@#$% what people say to me so long as I'm able to dish it back out... but if people want to enforce things on me where I have to watch what I say (and as I attempted to demonstrate with the example of an issue on the Invicta forums, I don't mind that in its own right), I darn well expect them to watch what they say to me.

Edited by Shokkou