A Hero Forever Loyal To The Flames Of War Rests In Outer Heaven

Why are we still here on Planet Bob? Just to suffer? Every day, I check on my nation... pay my bills... even export tech. The time I've lost... the comrades I've lost... it's always tiring... It's like they're all meaningless. You feel fed up, too, don't you? I'm gonna make them give back our past.
eRes2yU.jpg

Militaires Sans Frontières has no formal charter, being a cooperative haven for rogue nations disillusioned with the state of affairs on Planet Bob. Its goal is to provide its members with the greatest degree of liberty possible, and in so doing to provide a place for soldiers where they will not be exploited. The world calls for wetwork, and we answer. No greater good. No just cause.

I won't see us end as ashes. We're all diamonds. We'll make diamonds from their ashes, take them into battle with us. We are Diamond Dogs.

IRC: #MSF

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is it true that you literally went rogue on MI6 over a word you're not a member of the appropriate culture to say?

smh

As always, the truth is rarely something which can be put in such simple terms. If I were to dig through my IRC logs alone, I could show dozens of instances where the same word was used by others - including those who were so quick to condemn me without approaching me directly - in a similar manner. That said, it is not only the sheer hypocrisy of the situation but also the blatant lack of good faith from members of the community I have known for years. I, as I imagine everyone here does, speak differently depending on the situation. I do not use the same language when I am with old friends from high school that I do when I am with my parents and their friends, or even at work. I believed I was making a joke among friends, people I've known for a long time who could perhaps have the same faith in me that I would in them. That being that I had no malicious intent behind my words, just as I have not assumed any from them the countless times they've employed similarly derogatory terms. The response I was met with did not fit that assumption however.

Furthermore, the thought of leaving Planet Bob behind for good has never been far from my mind. The more this weariness grows, the less I find myself willing to tolerate the efforts of those who would seek to dictate to me what is or is not acceptable humor. These are the same people, mind you, with enough of a stick up their back sides that something as innocuous as "First post!" in a new subforum is somehow an egregious affront to their "everything is super serious business" sensibilities. These are the same people who decided quoting song lyrics in their public channel one time, something which I'm certain happens in every public channel from time to time and no one bats an eye at, was worth kick/banning me. The fact that that last incident took place after several members began expressing disapproval at their treatment of my posts was pure coincidence however, I'm sure.

These are the reasons I left MI6 and went rogue against them. Not because I was told I couldn't use a given word... but because I was told I couldn't use a given word, one that my accusers are also guilty of using, once in an obviously joking context. Because when I expressed my concern and frustration at the lack of good faith exercised in the approach to the situation, I was laughed at and told my concerns were meaningless. Accusations were leveled at me by people who should have known them to be false. I had no desire to put up with that, so I left.

Now then, peace was reached quickly thanks to the efforts of those with more level-heads and decency than IYIyTh or TheListener. They told me that there were others who felt that certain people within MI6 had become too heavy-handed in their "leadership" on the forums and that if we could reach a peaceful solution it would go a long way in proving that open discussion and good faith are better than harsh censorship and thick-headedness. This was my exact response word for word, and I'm certain the MI6er in question can verify it if they wish to join the discussion in this thread:

<Shokkou> You know what? Fine. You do have a good point, and I like the idea of open and honest communication in good faith winning out.
<Shokkou> I'll peace out, you take all the credit for approaching me in good faith, and run with that.
<Shokkou> Well, you and [redacted]

Lastly I would like to say that your post did not come across as asking in good faith, but I also understand and respect that you don't know me and therefore I have no right to expect any trust from you. I answered your question to the best of my abilities because if there is a chance the truth can win out, I would like to see that it does.

Regardless, my citizens and I have made peace with and accept the possibility of death so long as we can ensure that our aggressors pay dearly for the privilege, no matter who they may be. I would not have been so eager to paint this gigantic target on myself otherwise.

To those who have wished MSF good fortune, I would like to express my gratitude. Thank you.

He and TL both. This wasn't surprising from TL, but I thought better of Myth. I guess I just somehow didn't offend his ego before now. That and, at least from him, I assumed any pretentiousness was an act put on for fun. I see now that is not entirely the case.

You've certainly always been outspoken. Best of luck on whatever path you choose.

It's the weariness, partly. If my citizens and I no longer care what happens to my nation, it becomes harder to justify holding back.

V!

V for Victory!

ROCKET PEACE :D

---

I will be watching MSF's antics with glee. This gun be gewd :3

PS: <3 Shokkou~

Redezra... I'm already a demon...

Good Luck

Thanks.

Join NG

We enshrine the ability for people to !@#$%^&* and use any word at each other as a core tenant of our community

Your reputation precedes you. This was one of the first things I heard once I'd finally found a sympathetic ear. That is extremely appealing to me, but I think I'm going to self-impose a cool down time before I decide where to go next with my nation. I was fully prepared to fight until my nation was dust and my warchest bare, so now that some rational MI6ers (it's probably irrelevant if I name them or not, but I prefer to err on the side of caution in this circumstance) managed to convince me to accept peace I have some thinking to do. I don't want to waste your time by applying if I'm unsure.

He and TL both. This wasn't surprising from TL, but I thought better of Myth.

Well, there's where you went wrong.

I personally don't actually care if you used the word, I just thought it was a ludicrous reason to go rogue. Of course, I also knew that wasn't the entire context -- which was another good reason to ask. Edited by Neo Uruk

Well, there's where you went wrong.

I personally don't actually care if you used the word, I just thought it was a ludicrous reason to go rogue. Of course, I also knew that wasn't the entire context -- which was another good reason to ask.

I've learned this lesson.

I wasn't sure if you did or not, but I figured it could only help for there to be a comprehensive explanation of my side of the story before theirs spread too far. I'm beginning to think I may have been worried for nothing, as that would imply people would actually take Myth and TLs word at face value. Still, it's relieving to have it out there so thanks for asking.

Best of luck Shokkou

Thanks Junka. You too.

Let me fix this.

It is a well dictated and politically correct environment here.

Everything he hates :P

I don't actually know how to respond to this, so I'm just going to go with this:

jZOhxNn.jpg

I knew that, I just wasn't sure if I was missing part of the post or if that was the entire original.  :P

Twinn's known for running a very tight ship,he's good at and I'll give him that, lets face it 80 percent of the population here and in other worlds need to be told what to do and how to act, however for the 20 percent that don't or choose not to conform to the system or lack any common sense, some of those folk end up traveling the world aimlessly wondering where they fit in, NG is your final destination, TBM lives there, need I say anymore :)

Edited by Freelancer

TidyBowlMan actually left Non Grata for Doom Kingdom. We had a 2-page insult match where we called each other naughty names and he implied that my family tree was more of a pole. He's still welcome back, but DKers are a good bunch, too.

Twinn's known for running a very tight ship,he's good at and I'll give him that, lets face it 80 percent of the population here and in other worlds need to be told what to do and how to act, however for the 20 percent that don't or choose not to conform to the system or lack any common sense, some of those folk end up traveling the world aimlessly wondering where they fit in, NG is your final destination, TBM lives there, need I say anymore :)

Yeah, over time I've found myself less and less able to fit into "tight ships." I don't want to be a leader, but I refuse to be a mindless follower. It's entirely possible NG will be my destination but, as I said, I think it'd be wise for me to take some time before making any decisions. It's been one hell of a roller coaster these past 48 hours and I need to take stock of where I am and where I'm trying to go.

TidyBowlMan actually left Non Grata for Doom Kingdom. We had a 2-page insult match where we called each other naughty names and he implied that my family tree was more of a pole. He's still welcome back, but DKers are a good bunch, too.

At least it isn't a wreath.

As a Libertarian, I salute you! Wish you guys much success and most of all, have fun.

Thanks! I've gotten wary of using labels recently since as soon as you do some people think they know your entire socioeconomic ideology, but that would be the one that probably fits me best as well.

Edited by Shokkou

I appreciate the complement my friend.

I was told that in the days of commercial sailing transport, a sailor could go down to the waterfront, seeking employment on a ship. If employed, he would know by the time the ship reached the harbour entrance what the trip would be like. A well maintained ship with tight rigging was quiet. This was a reflection of a firm, well organised captain, a well disiplined and hard working crew. The captain was respected. Conversley, a noisy ship was creaking and groaning, because it had loose rigging etc. It was not maintained. The captain on a noisy had various faults, did not control the crew and was not respected by the crew. Although the crew on the "Tight Ship" were always occupied maintaining it they were not unhappy. They did not have time for petty disputes to develop amongst crew members.

I appreciate the complement my friend.

I was told that in the days of commercial sailing transport, a sailor could go down to the waterfront, seeking employment on a ship. If employed, he would know by the time the ship reached the harbour entrance what the trip would be like. A well maintained ship with tight rigging was quiet. This was a reflection of a firm, well organised captain, a well disiplined and hard working crew. The captain was respected. Conversley, a noisy ship was creaking and groaning, because it had loose rigging etc. It was not maintained. The captain on a noisy had various faults, did not control the crew and was not respected by the crew. Although the crew on the "Tight Ship" were always occupied maintaining it they were not unhappy. They did not have time for petty disputes to develop amongst crew members.

Don't get me wrong. There's a place for all types, and there's nothing wrong with a tight ship if people are ok with it and the respect goes both ways. I'm just not one of the people suited for it. I know what I'm doing, and I expect some trust and the freedom to be a little independent. Not exactly what tight ships are about unless you want to steer.

Edited by Shokkou