NpO Treaty Update

• Replies 365
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good call Polaris, this seems like a case of incompetence overriding loyalty. You guys stuck around as long as you could.

SNX seems like a pretty easy target now, I hope their membership is aware of their current situation.

Last time I think they were targeted because of the NpO treaty, but now there is no reason for anyone to go after them. If someone hit them now, it would be pointless and would reflect badly on those involved. Also the Brown Team can help each other out even without written treaties if the situation calls for it.

Edited by Methrage

Good call Polaris, this seems like a case of incompetence overriding loyalty. You guys stuck around as long as you could.

SNX seems like a pretty easy target now, I hope their membership is aware of their current situation.

They became aware of it within a couple hours of govt being notified. Edited by Immortan Junka

Last time I think they were targeted because of the NpO treaty, but now there is no reason for anyone to go after them. If someone hit them now, it would be pointless and would reflect badly on those involved. Also the Brown Team can help each other out even without written treaties if the situation calls for it.

Speak for yourself.

I can think of a reason a lot of people would, let me grab it:

Immortan Junka

Imperial Guard of Foreign Affairs

After all Methrage, it's important to note that SNX is at its weakest ever, it wasn't long ago that they admitted they were unable to fight the #78 alliance, even with a coalition. Imagine if the #40 or so alliance came a-door-knocking, how could they cope?

But really though, good move Polar, commendations for sticking by them politically to the end, Brehon knows that couldn't have been easy.

Do not presume to speak for the whole team.

ITT, Tywin learns that you don't deal with overeager (potential) members by preemptively shutting them down. That only elicits hostility. You deal with them by offering them so much work that they aren't thinking about running the place anymore, or are running the place in a non-decision-making role until they have learned enough to earn a decision-making role. For example, that's how Non Grata treated Krihelion (Unkajo). :smug:

What you don't do is offer outsiders instant decision-making roles in the AA (SNX's treatment of Krihelion or Methrage's treatment of Jack Layton).

In Tywin's (Junka's) case, he is a co-founder of SNX. So while an outsider, he still has a lot invested in the AA. I disagree that he knows enough to run one, but we'll have fun finding out if I'm right. :awesome:

Who the hell wants to run their own AA anyway? Just means work. You have to be a special level of insane (or have no friends) to want to run an AA. 

Why don't people go saber rattle against a top ten alliance? I guess people find courage in kicking a dog while it is down.

Maybe it's just cuz you're so popular. :V

I wish I had this many groupies. 

Why don't people go saber rattle against a top ten alliance? I guess people find courage in kicking a dog while it is down.

Definition of DOG
<snip>
a :  a worthless or contemptible person

Self-loathing is never an attractive quality, especially in an alliance leader.

In the case of SNX, I'm pretty sure it has been consistent throughout the alliance's history. Besides, I thought you fed off of attention like a plant on sunlight.

I for one think this is a hasty, yet understandable move on Polar's part. They should have first downgraded the treaty to the optional level with the understanding that improvements from the SNX government were expected in a timely fashion. 

I understand Polar's anger, yet I can't help but feeling they are throwing an alliance under the bus along with a former member who was a long time vocal advocate of Polaris. 

Is this the former ugly head of Polaris rearing itself? 

Maybe, I'm certainly reminded of Polar stabbing Top/Iron in the back a few wars back. 

Because the top ten alliances haven't been completely insufferable pricks like you have?

Oh, and the whole trying to poach outside help thing. Edited by Neo Uruk

I for one think this is a hasty, yet understandable move on Polar's part. They should have first downgraded the treaty to the optional level with the understanding that improvements from the SNX government were expected in a timely fashion. 

I understand Polar's anger, yet I can't help but feeling they are throwing an alliance under the bus along with a former member who was a long time vocal advocate of Polaris. 

Maybe, I'm certainly reminded of Polar stabbing Top/Iron in the back a few wars back. 

Does remind one of the BiPolar War and SNX took a beating for a long time without calling NpO in on the last war.

Edited by Methrage

It's almost like Polaris has been a back biting, double dealing gang of imperialists that will stop at nothing to retake their position at the top of the heap. It's almost as if they're the bad guy!

Wow, who woulda thunk it?

professional bridging at its finest

It's almost like Polaris has been a back biting, double dealing gang of imperialists that will stop at nothing to retake their position at the top of the heap. It's almost as if they're the bad guy!

Wow, who woulda thunk it?

There was a case for Polaris being the bad guy when more pragmatic leaders were at the helm, or even when they initially allied with TOP.

I don't think there's a drive to be a bad guy anymore.