Curious

My ideal world is one with clean fighting build and destroy
The best part of the TE world is it resets every couple of months and most people don't hold grudges and the world is constantly changing but the core stays the same.

The drama and bullchit is best left on bob and even here on Steve I have no idea where most people live on bob.

B-)

Terekhov...Greetings!

Quite the splash that your AA is making here...!  Congrats!   Firstable,

TE is a place where SE politics and issues aren't allowed,by Admin' Rules...  I want it to stay that way...! 

We create our own AAs,traditions and ways, as long as we don't go beyond TE's Rules... 

This is a place for both : War practice,with its numerous important details, and To just enjoy a

good  inter Alliances Brawl, conversations, messaging and to know new Rulers, and salute Old Ones...!

At the same time,this area is Admin's "Proving Grounds" for all kind of new Ideas,later to be implemented

on SE, or Not...!    I want it to stay that way!   :frantic: ^_^

My ideal world is one with clean fighting build and destroy
The best part of the TE world is it resets every couple of months and most people don't hold grudges and the world is constantly changing but the core stays the same.

The drama and bullchit is best left on bob and even here on Steve I have no idea where most people live on bob.

What do you mean by 'the world is constantly changing but the core stays the same'?

B-)

Terekhov...Greetings!

Quite the splash that your AA is making here...!  Congrats!   Firstable,

TE is a place where SE politics and issues aren't allowed,by Admin' Rules...  I want it to stay that way...! 

We create our own AAs,traditions and ways, as long as we don't go beyond TE's Rules... 

This is a place for both : War practice,with its numerous important details, and To just enjoy a

good  inter Alliances Brawl, conversations, messaging and to know new Rulers, and salute Old Ones...!

At the same time,this area is Admin's "Proving Grounds" for all kind of new Ideas,later to be implemented

on SE, or Not...!    I want it to stay that way!   :frantic: ^_^

Indeed.

What do you think is the most important part of the code?

What do you mean by 'the world is constantly changing but the core stays the same'?

Indeed.

changing in the fact of game mechanics , admin tries to implicate new things here on steve ( generals,more money , nuke rules etc,etc)

also membership is changing with new alliances ,new leaders, ..

as for the core i guess i mean the gentlemen code .. try not to down declare ,if you raid don’t use dirty tactics ,don’t make coalitions ,keep an open line of communication… and most important don’t kick any player when they are down…

the way i see it when war breaks out no matter how destructive it is always pick you opponent off the ground ,shake and get a drink after wards …

Hmm. How are little alliances to have an effect on the game if coalitions are forbidden?

They certainly can't take on some of the bigger alliances without banding together.

It seems like 2/3 of the alliances by default under the code are unable to really have influence?

Edited by Terekhov

What he means by coalitions is groups of alliances that will stand together no matter what, and work as one unit. If the little alliances want to take on some big guns, they'll often team up with another smaller alliance to do so, but it won't be an official thing, and will likely exist only for the duration of the war.

On the flip side, the larger alliances will for the most part leave the smaller ones alone when seeking out war targets, unless they need them to pad out numbers in a war against a weaker, but still large, alliance.

Also, on the matter of raiding, some alliances (like mine, the Dark Order) like to keep raiding to a minimal or even remove it completely. Others will, as has been said, be willing to listen to a genuine request to be put onto a no-raiding list. Of course, there are some who will not follow this, but that is to be expected within any system.

For the most part, it's a system that works well enough.

changing in the fact of game mechanics , admin tries to implicate new things here on steve ( generals,more money , nuke rules etc,etc)

also membership is changing with new alliances ,new leaders, ..

as for the core i guess i mean the gentlemen code .. try not to down declare ,if you raid don’t use dirty tactics ,don’t make coalitions ,keep an open line of communication… and most important don’t kick any player when they are down…

the way i see it when war breaks out no matter how destructive it is always pick you opponent off the ground ,shake and get a drink after wards …

This ^

Hmm. How are little alliances to have an effect on the game if coalitions are forbidden?

They certainly can't take on some of the bigger alliances without banding together.

It seems like 2/3 of the alliances by default under the code are unable to really have influence?

AAs being friendly with each has been going on forever and will continue to do so. The problem with smaller AAs doing it is that they often post these formal agreements and in so doing make themselves and their allies targets for bigger AAs that otherwise, due to the unwritten fairness rules, would not attack. These treaties effectively lump them together as a bigger AA without the benefits of in house communication and leadership. The bigger ones do it secretly, or not so secretly, and it effectively eliminates targets for them causing the other bigger AAs to align and creates blocs which have led to much animosity between the people and groups leading each side. 

My advice to smaller AAs is to talk privately and secretly and team up to take on bigger AAs as for defense it rarely works because other AAs, some have called them TE police in the past, will jump in to maintain fairness. 

What is my ideal cn:te? Hmmm,

Okay, coming from a relatively new and very inexperienced player, I would say that ideally I would love to experence the game as designed. Meaning there would be no in game war mechanisms that are considered taboo @ anytime during the tournament. I know the old guard may disagree with me and I certainly respect their opinion, however; the current gentlemenly rules lets the alliance leaders off the hook by allowing them the freedom to not have to train their alliance membership how to war as well as they could.

If perception is reality, lets look at the perception of round 36's version of Eurasia. So, if you are paying any attention to the cn forum, then the perception seems to be that Eurasia is evil; "how dare they come into the game 200 nations strong and create a state of permanent warfare....those devils should all have their nations deleted!" Now that isn't true but it highlights for me the need for leaders to learn and train their allied nations for a complete cn:te experience & not just for gentlemenly jousting to be friendly concluded after 5 days. If that happens then awesome, but the training should be for every contingency.

So, a complete training and warfare experience as designed would be my ideal cn:te. But the priority is on the training, because its hard to enjoy the game if you cannot compete with a chance of success. And you cannot have success if you do not understand how to play the game. And it can be hard to understand the game as a new player without positive leaders teaching & training you for 60 days of war.

Edited for spelling.

Edited by King Obsidian

What is my ideal cn:te? Hmmm,
Bcuz
Okay, coming from a relatively new and very inexperienced player, I would say that ideally I would love to experence the game as designed. Meaning there would be no in game war mechanisms that are considered taboo @ anytime during the tournament. I know the old guard may disagree with me and I certainly respect their opinion, however; the current gentlemenly rules lets the alliance leaders off the hook by allowing them the freedom to not have to train their alliance membership how to war as well as they could.

If perception is reality, lets look at the perception of round 36's version of Eurasia. So, if you are paying any attention to the cn forum, then the perception seems to be that Eurasia is evil; "how dare they come into the game 200 nations strong and create a state of permanent warfare....those devils should all have their nations deleted!" Now that isn't true but it highlights for me the need for leaders to learn and train their allied nations for a complete cn:te experience & not just for gentlemenly jousting to be friendly concluded after 5 days. If that happens then awesome, but the training sould be for every contingency.

So, a complete training and warfare experience as designed would be my ideal cn:te. But the priority is on the training, because its hard to enjoy the game if you cannot compete with a chance of success. And you cannot have success if you do not understand how to play the game. And it can be hard to understand the game as a new player without positive leaders teaching & training you for 60 days of war.

I do not know what is going on with the whole Eurasia thing and my comments are not to be construed as taking any side or actions. Bullish behavior is usually responded to in kind and worse. So the perception may be that Eurasia hit one AA while they were down and so the others felt obliged to maintain the status quo in some cases or pre empt a potential similar fate themselves. TE history is filled with similar actions, while I was gov in OP we were known for them and everyone knew it, we would hit to prevent curbstomps on even our enemies. Each side in such conflicts has their own perception.

As to your remark regarding training noobs it is in the AAs interest, especially in todays leaner TE. What AA wants bloated numbers which makes them a better target for a more skilled opponent?

Please excuse my grammer and spelling I am on my phone. Edited by paul711