An Open Letter to RE from Eurasia

Dear RE

We know you want to honor this 'gentleman's agreement' you are all so proud of and thus join in the dogpile on our alliance, but could you at least honor what we consider to be a necessary part of any such gentleman's agreement and inform us of your intent to do so such that we have no reservations about countering all your nations, rather than merely the ones that might have gone rogue?

Regards,
Caladin

PS.
What is it with TE alliances and launching post-update blitz's?

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

again you guys don’t seem to understand your actions and behavior on steve has opened you guys up to being declared by all..

i wouldn’t be surprised if every alliance on steve declares war on you guys…..

step out of your role on steve and relies this could end sooner and we can all make TE a great waring planet

RoadRash 

Our role? greco, you think this is a play?

edit - Oh, and the director [url=http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?/topic/126996-an-open-letter-to-re-from-eurasia/#entry3393851]is Hoosier[/url]. Interesting collection of puppets.

Edited by Terekhov

again you guys dont seem to understand your actions and behavior on steve has opened you guys up to being declared by all..
i wouldnt be surprised if every alliance on steve declares war on you guys..

step out of your role on steve and relies this could end sooner and we can all make TE a great waring planet

RoadRash 

Heh be the first time this lot agree on anything. By god could things be changing from the usual poisonous atmosphere to something possibly better... doubtful but I hope it does.

Classless, RE. My opinion of you goes up and up.

Are you capable of acting without D1?

Yo Cazaric I can answer that question for you!  Roman Empire is one of the longest running alliances of TE.  So be respectful, Caladin was warned of a beat down for warring w/o considerations of being a bully.  This is a shaping formula Caldin choose himself.   RE doesnt need D1, never will.  

This post by Caldin is in effect considered dodging owf questions he can't answer.

again you guys don’t seem to understand your actions and behavior on steve has opened you guys up to being declared by all..
i wouldn’t be surprised if every alliance on steve declares war on you guys…..

RoadRash

I don't know what evil twisted code you live by sir, but in my book threatening to use military power as a tool to make others subservient to your ideology is morally reprehensible.

How about you just enjoy the rapid wars that this world is made for? We're enjoying it and we're the ones who are outnumbered here.

I am not an official spokesperson for RE, however, I would like to clarify that I believe that Defcon 1 and Roman Empire are simply pushing to uphold the values of our world as a moral and gentlemen-like atmosphere.

So we have to break some necks doing it... it's for the betterment of the community.

Edited by Lord Hitchcock

See it's funny, because DEFCON 1 declared one hour after war was allowed this round when that 'gentlemen-like' code supposedly prevents such barbarous behavior.

Get off the faux-moral high horse and enjoy the fight with us :P

Edited by Terekhov

See it's funny, because DEFCON 1 declared day 1 of this round when that 'gentlemen-like' code supposedly prevents such terrible behavior.

Get off your faux-moral high horse and enjoy the fight :P

And that's where we disagree. Defcon declared on day 5. And guess what, before that both alliances had the same opportunities to grow their nations as they see fit. The balance was equal.

Declaring on an alliance that was just in war is not an equal opportunity between alliances and the punishment for such evil crimes is destruction of your buildings, technological advances and your farm land.

And that's where we disagree. Defcon declared on day 5. And guess what, before that both alliances had the same opportunities to grow their nations as they see fit. The balance was equal.

Declaring on an alliance that was just in war is not an equal opportunity between alliances and the punishment for such evil crimes is destruction of your buildings, technological advances and your farm land.

And I am sure it is also in the spirit of such equality that both wars you have found yourselves involved in see yourselves with a large NS advantage.

Regardless, my statement stands. You declared as soon as the game allowed, in contravention to long-standing standards of behavior.

The fact that you turn around and use the standards which you just broke must make it hard for anyone of intelligence aside to take your reasoning seriously.

P.S. Apologies for the late edit, didn't see your post at that time.

Edited by Terekhov

Morality will prevail!

It is such a tragedy sometimes that evil seeks to dress up its actions in white, saintly robes and perversely twist the very concept of morality in order to gather more power to itself.

You claim to promote equality, yet interestingly it seems that some people are more "equal" than others. You have constructed a system where an alliance half your size would be open season, but a peer capable of being a threat is subject to a set of special rules - rules that reduce the "threat" to a small number of powerful alliances, allowing them to form a cartel of carefully orchestrated and regulated "matches". And of course, should there be any ideological challenge to that cartel, "equality" doesn't have to apply to them any more than it does to the "weaklings" that aren't big enough to be part of it.

It is, of course, a very logical system. And I am sure also a very fun one for many "insiders". Yet like all cartel systems that seek to promote insider interests at the expense of outsiders, it is also a poison that rots away at the world. For the good of the community, I would sincerely urge you to abandon it.

But if you wish to continue lecturing about the concept of "fairness" from a position of immense strength and privilege, feel free to continue doing so. This war will be fun either way.

It is such a tragedy sometimes that evil seeks to dress up its actions in white, saintly robes and perversely twist the very concept of morality in order to gather more power to itself.

You claim to promote equality, yet interestingly it seems that some people are more "equal" than others. You have constructed a system where an alliance half your size would be open season, but a peer capable of being a threat is subject to a set of special rules - rules that reduce the "threat" to a small number of powerful alliances, allowing them to form a cartel of carefully orchestrated and regulated "matches". And of course, should there be any ideological challenge to that cartel, "equality" doesn't have to apply to them any more than it does to the "weaklings" that aren't big enough to be part of it.

It is, of course, a very logical system. And I am sure also a very fun one for many "insiders". Yet like all cartel systems that seek to promote insider interests at the expense of outsiders, it is also a poison that rots away at the world. For the good of the community, I would sincerely urge you to abandon it.

But if you wish to continue lecturing about the concept of "fairness" from a position of immense strength and privilege, feel free to continue doing so. This war will be fun either way.

That's what I was referring to when I referred to them as a hegemony in the other thread.

Do you at least proofread this nonsense before you post it...?

Yo Cazaric I can answer that question for you!  Roman Empire is one of the longest running alliances of TE.  So be respectful, Caladin was warned of a beat down for warring w/o considerations of being a bully.  This is a shaping formula Caldin choose himself.   RE doesnt need D1, never will.  

I will judge an alliance based on its current actions, not its ability to endure in TE.

Nobody outside Eurasia is questioning that NDO needed to be stood up for. They had just come out of war, and were understandably shocked that their grace period had been broken by an alliance much larger than them. An alliance needed to step in, to show Eurasia that this is not how things are done here. D1 did so, and I won't make any complaints, but I will note one thing. This was already a downdeclare. Regardless of whether or not NDO are in this, the majority of Eurasia's nations are new and unable to join the fight.

So D1 had it covered with a downdeclare. There was no need for another alliance to step in.

Cowboy, you can keep trumpeting on about your false moralism if you please, but RE have no such ability here. They are scavengers and cowards, nothing more. I'm quickly seeing that they are unwilling to engage a target unless the odds are phenomenally in their favour.

So no. I shall not respect them for this deplorable move.

On the NDO front, go NDO!

On the RE front, go Eurasia! Tear them up.

Cazaric i dis agree… Eurasia have shown they do not care how things are done they never looked to rectify there actions and basically told all of TE to suck it

anyone who would take advantage of a war torn  alliance  and  continue to want to proceed to cause more damage deserves everyone on steve to stand against them 

to tell you the truth I’m surprised there arnt more alliances hitting Eurasia because honestly i don’t think they are here for the same type of fun the rest of us are 

they just seem to want to destroy what TE has become….

to each is there own 

this round is defiantly a lot more interesting so have to thank Eurasia for that .. but i for 1 will not just stand by and allow anyone to be taken advantage of without trying to do something about it ..

RoadRash 

B-)

Letum, Caladin,Terekhov, Sirs, welcome to the Fun,but Bloodied Battle fields of TE.

It seems your reasoning & decision to  make NDO  your First Foe to Blitz here at TE,  haven't been received

as well as you expected... If you expected it at all...!  Possibly the fact of NDO just finishing a War at that time

was seen in a difficult viewing angle to be approved as a  legitimate War action, by quite a big number of Rulers here.  

You have referred already to the War Declaration of Defcon-1 and RE as :  

- "Regardless, my statement stands. You declared as soon as the game allowed, in contravention to long-standing standards of behavior.

The fact that you turn around and use the standards which you just broke must make it hard for anyone of intelligence aside to

take your reasoning seriously. " -Therekhov

Well, it so happens that another "standard" broken was the Not to attack too early any AA just out of a War...!  And this time it

was broken by... Eurasia...! :o     Plus, it was finely reasoned by Caladin...on his comments after the War Declaration!

So it seems that not everyone was agreeable with that reasoning; plus, the old adage "not because they did it, makes it fine for

you to do it..."  took preponderance in a lot of brains and hearts around TE...!  

Well,Sirs,  Enjoy your multiplied War(s) and I hope  something real good will come out of all of this!!! B-)  

Edited by HDSupreme

On the NDO front, go NDO!

On the RE front, go Eurasia! Tear them up.

Fair enough.

Cazaric i dis agree… Eurasia have shown they do not care how things are done they never looked to rectify there actions and basically told all of TE to suck it

anyone who would take advantage of a war torn  alliance  and  continue to want to proceed to cause more damage deserves everyone on steve to stand against them 

to tell you the truth I’m surprised there arnt more alliances hitting Eurasia because honestly i don’t think they are here for the same type of fun the rest of us are 

they just seem to want to destroy what TE has become….

to each is there own 

this round is defiantly a lot more interesting so have to thank Eurasia for that .. but i for 1 will not just stand by and allow anyone to be taken advantage of without trying to do something about it ..

RoadRash 

I don't deny you have the right to be angry at us, but perhaps you should withold full judgement before you know us.

B-)

Letum, Caladin,Terekhov, Sirs, welcome to the Fun,but Bloodied Battle fields of TE.

You have referred already to the War Declaration of Defcon-1 and RE as :  

- "Regardless, my statement stands. You declared as soon as the game allowed, in contravention to long-standing standards of behavior.

The fact that you turn around and use the standards which you just broke must make it hard for anyone of intelligence aside to

take your reasoning seriously. " -Therekhov

Well, it so happens that another "standard" broken was the Not to attack too early any AA just out of a War...!  And this time it

was broken by... Eurasia...! :o     Plus, it was finely reasoned by Caladin...on his comments after the War Declaration!

So it seems that not everyone was agreeable with that reasoning; plus, the old adage "not because they did it, makes it fine for

you to do it..."  took preponderance in a lot of brains and hearts around TE...!  

Well,Sirs,  Enjoy your multiplied War(s) and I hope  something real good will come out of all of this!!! B-)  

Thanks for the welcome HDS.

Indeed, we have never tried to deny that we broke the standard. On the one hand, we weren't aware of how...aggregious? Our offense was to most. On the other, we aren't ones to back down from a fight, especially given the [black] knights who declared on us.

It's probably a good thing we live off casualties :P I hope so too. ;)

All I have to say is I'll soon see how my old comrades fight on equal footing. My gut says not too well.

Edited by Staccs