Defcon 1 Declares on Eurasia

That was not why we declared. See Caladin's reasoning. Perhaps some bring SE into this, but I think most of us realize bringing grudges into the game is toxic and unhelpful.

Now, you've never lied to me before.

You are absolutely right about that last part. SE should stay in SE and TE should stay in TE, CN as a whole much better that way. One of the bigger secrets about CN is that TE is more fun than SE very much in part BECAUSE the two games are generally kept separate. Bringing grudges from one game to the other is absolutely toxic, unhelpful and unentertaining. Those of us who like TE more than SE want to keep SE grudges out of TE, and will obviously fight together to keep it that way.

Now, you do get that your NDO war looks awfully different to most everyone else, especially considering the unapologetic attitude of Eurasia members and their posting? It absolutely looks like a very spiteful and hateful down-declare, based on very specific other factors than "oh they looked like the best targets." NDO weren't the best targets available, and I'm just saying y'all's actions look an awful lot different than your words. Especially now that all of a sudden y'all have 55+ active nations or whatever now, it REALLY looks like SE business in TE.

However and again, you've never lied to me before. If y'all are saying that in your honest opinions, you felt NDO was clearly the best and logical choice to declare war on, I'll go ahead take your word for it. All appearances to the contrary. If true, than in hindsight of the way things worked out, it really doesn't say so much about the quality of your opinions though. I guess we can chalk that up to y'all being a bunch of TE n00bs, perhaps?

I'm glad we all agree that SE stupid crap should stay in SE though.

That's good to hear everyone agree on going forward.

It does look like everyone's having a lot of fun at least :)

Edited by Blacklight

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You are absolutely right about that last part. SE should stay in SE and TE should stay in TE, CN as a whole much better that way. One of the bigger secrets about CN is that TE is more fun than SE very much in part BECAUSE the two games are generally kept separate. Bringing grudges from one game to the other is absolutely toxic, unhelpful and unentertaining. Those of us who like TE more than SE want to keep SE grudges out of TE, and will obviously fight together to keep it that way.

Now, you do get that your NDO war looks awfully different to most everyone else, especially considering the unapologetic attitude of Eurasia members and their posting? It absolutely looks like a very spiteful and hateful down-declare, based on very specific other factors than "oh they looked like the best targets." NDO weren't the best targets available, and I'm just saying y'all's actions look an awful lot different than your words. Especially now that all of a sudden y'all have 55+ active nations or whatever now, it REALLY looks like SE business in TE.

However and again, you've never lied to me before. If y'all are saying that in your honest opinions, you felt NDO was clearly the best and logical choice to declare war on, I'll go ahead take your word for it. All appearances to the contrary. If true, than in hindsight of the way things worked out, it really doesn't say so much about the quality of your opinions though. I guess we can chalk that up to y'all being a bunch of TE n00bs, perhaps?

I don't exactly see how we should be apologetic for violating an unwritten rule of TE which we were only informed was an unwritten "gentlemen's agreement" after the fact. Add to that the fact that admittedly the AAs claiming the moral high ground and calling us the big bad meanies have condoned and raided smaller AAs on the same terms we attacked NDO. So to keep calling us out for violating an unwritten agreement in TE while not looking in the mirror at TE's own hypocrisy is rather disengenuous and really oblivious. Either get off the high horse and deal with a new reality or inact real change that could benefit TE long term.

(To be clear I've been vocal about all this based on my personal experience and what I state is my personal opinion not official Eurasian policy or decrees).

All the members of NDO I've seen so far are not people we would have any issue with in SE tbh.

this definitely is not a SE issue 

most of you are from Pacifica and most of us are from Polar  we will for ever have a cat/dog type relationship but there really is none of that going on here 

i myself am so far from politics on bob as well as steve that to wouldn’t matter either way ……

even so i wouldn’t play TE if SE exploded onto steve………….

That was a mis-calculation by DEFCON and RE. They wanted to drive us into submission, but they completely misunderstood the Eurasian mindset and its antecedents. The harder the going, the firmer our resolve.

We're reasonable people, but we will not be ground into submission by a couple of hypocritical leaders. They don't like their precarious balance of power being upset, and we just happened to give them an excuse to act on it.

this definitely is not a SE issue
most of you are from Pacifica and most of us are from Polar we will for ever have a cat/dog type relationship but there really is none of that going on here
i myself am so far from politics on bob as well as steve that to wouldn’t matter either way ……

even so i wouldn’t play TE if SE exploded onto steve………….

Glad you recognize that as well. I'm glad no one wants the transfer of politics to happen. :)

That was a mis-calculation by DEFCON and RE. They wanted to drive us into submission, but they completely misunderstood the Eurasian mindset and its antecedents. The harder the going, the firmer our resolve.

We're reasonable people, but we will not be ground into submission by a couple of hypocritical leaders. They don't like their precarious balance of power being upset, and we just happened to give them an excuse to act on it.

You're right on this, the people defending this "unwritten"agreement, broke this same agreement at the beginning of this round, and last round too (and that is only talking from my experience), however that does not justify the attack on NDO, in TE there is no foreign aid, and limited time to rebuild, every nation is on its own, i have no experience in SE, but i can imagine with foreign aid and unlimited amount of time to rebuild, your actions could have been justified, it's a different type of game play here, this will most likely cripple nations with low warchest(especially with all the dirty spy ops)  and they won't have time to rebuild well, because the round ends in a month, for some it will be pointless to even go on.

As i recall from my first round, an alliance called Atlas broke the "unwritten" agreement with a done declare on The Fearless Fighters, and a similar war broke out that lead to the fall of Atlas.

I suggest that the "unwritten" agreement to be written, all or most alliances in TE, write a thread, with no more than 5 basic ground rules or less.

Write down the things that everyone already agrees on in TE, leave out the things that people have mixed opinions on, and ask the admin to pin it.

this is more likely to solve the problem than expecting everyone to agree to things that weren't even discussed with them.

hopefully this whole conflict will get solved as soon as possible.  

Edited by Dario

As i recall from my first round, an alliance called Atlas broke the "unwritten" agreement with a done declare on The Fearless Fighters, and a similar war broke out that lead to the fall of Atlas.

It was for requesting that Fearless Fighters disband and merge with them as terms for the war ending iirc, not the down-declare itself, that they got piled on by every single alliance in TE.

It was for requesting that Fearless Fighters disband and merge with them as terms for the war ending iirc, not the down-declare itself, that they got piled on by every single alliance in TE.

An action that the leader engaged in without consulting anyone in Atlas or anything. I didn't even realise what he was doing before it blew up on the forums. Good times. :P

Now, you do get that your NDO war looks awfully different to most everyone else, especially considering the unapologetic attitude of Eurasia members and their posting? It absolutely looks like a very spiteful and hateful down-declare, based on very specific other factors than "oh they looked like the best targets." NDO weren't the best targets available, and I'm just saying y'all's actions look an awful lot different than your words.

Well, when signing up to the TE alliance, everyone was asked whether they intended to build up and fight or not. Most, like me, thought it'd just be a hassle to go through those motions and said no. Based on the original numbers of people intending to actually fight, I think the stats show it looking at least somewhat equal, excepting for a lot more nukes on our side.

Whether that method of assessing whether it was a down-declare or not is valid is another topic, but it wasn't intended to be a down-declare.

Especially now that all of a sudden y'all have 55+ active nations or whatever now, it REALLY looks like SE business in TE.

You'll notice that those active nations largely came only after other AAs attacked Eurasia. I think the general pattern of thought was that just another war in TE isn't particularly exciting and not worth being active over, but then the absurd and hilarious rhetoric in those DoW threads showed that it could be amusing to play just to spite the outraged drama crowds. Talk of EZI and other such puerile rhetoric makes for good recruitment material on the home front.

As for SE business, well, anyone who comes with that accusation probably just isn't aware of the state of Polar-Pacific relations in SE. There's absolutely no grudge or desire to roll Polar on Pacifica's behalf in SE, so there just isn't any SE business to carry over into TE.

So Cowboy is now trying to poach TDO members to join the war against Eurasia. Is there nothing you won't stoop to?

Your reckoning will come.

In the meantime... Eurasia, please destroy D1.

Considering the circumstances, I would wager that poaching other alliances is also part of this magical unwritten gentleman's agreement. NDO, after you're done rebuilding, I would love to share my targets with you to destroy the alliance attempting to poach your members.

The invitation is open to you, however my original statement/offer also still stands.

(OOC: My apologies, this is what I get for posting without my morning coffee.)

Edited by NeCoHo

So Cowboy is now trying to poach TDO members to join the war against Eurasia. Is there nothing you won't stoop to?

Your reckoning will come.

In the meantime... Eurasia, please destroy D1.

Not true......

To: Staccs From: Cowboy Date: 7/8/2015 7:42:47 PM

Subject: Smother Eurasia Slowly
Join in slide in w/us or your old gang RE. Lots of xp war and more! We have a slow smother going on, some heavys about to bounce up!

This will last till end. I know you would like to get in wake these yahoo's up. Beside your last owf highlighted you to be RE. lol

Sooooo let the Great of RE join and kick some Eurasia.

cc RE, D1 gov

Considering the circumstances, I would wager that poaching other alliances is also part of this magical unwritten gentleman's agreement. NDO, after you're done rebuilding, I would love to share my targets with you to destroy the alliance attempting to poach your members.

The invitation is open to you, however my original statement/offer also still stands.

(OOC: My apologies, this is what I get for posting without my morning coffee.)

It's TDO he's trying to poach from, not NDO. But hey, I wouldn't put it past him to be sending these messages to members of all alliances.

Cazaric your dealing w/some dead heads!  You should join them!  Cool off your losing your cool Cazaric!  JK 

Cazaric your dealing w/some dead heads!  You should join them!  Cool off your losing your cool Cazaric!  JK 

I have lost more brain cells due to alcoholic beverage consumption than you ever will have in your entire existence.

Edited by NeCoHo

Join in slide in w/us or your old gang RE. Lots of xp war and more! We have a slow smother going on, some heavys about to bounce up!

This will last till end. I know you would like to get in wake these yahoo's up. Beside your last owf highlighted you to be RE. lol

cc RE, D1 gov

Yeah that isnt approach to your members, like you stated (plural).  A simple note to old RE emperor, I got his response.

cc RE, D1 gov

seems like a recruitment to me and I am unbiased.

I would appreciate it if you lot at Eurasia stopped bundling NDO in with that line of thought.

Eurasia has always had an armistice with the NDO. Just a few posts ago I invited NDO to ally us and attack the crimethinkers. Together we can destroy Eastasia.