Eurasian Intelligence Report

you declared war on a weaker opponent thats the biggest pansy act there is …. 

and keep declaring wars because you want and you will just be continuously at war…

One of these things isn't true. The other isn't intimidating.

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

One of these things isn't true. The other isn't intimidating.

There is no greater sign of a pathetic coward than one who will only fight someone if they can gang up on them, and are bigger than them. Cowards also tend to deny their own cowardice.

There is no greater sign of a pathetic coward than one who will only fight someone if they can gang up on them, and are bigger than them. Cowards also tend to deny their own cowardice.

Who's ganging up on somebody? Is this a callout of DEFCON 1?

Now this is two-faced as I've ever seen anything around here in a long time. There is no "gentlemen's agreement". I joined in a round of TE a few months back and joined a 6-8 member AA with some friends. The second my nation could be hit I was by a larger AA as a "raid" and sent a peace offer. I refused the peace offer because if you're going to DoW me we're going to fight. So we duked it out for a round, you know how many days they gave me to "recover" ZERO. I was immediately redeclared on the day after my wars expired and given no time to recover. There was no formal declaration there was no "gentlemen's agreement" it was cancerous to TE to do that to a new TE player figuring things out for the first time simply because I refused to war on the AA's raiding terms. I quit at the time because it was ridiculous how TE AA's couldn't play on any terms but their own.

Now I hear about this two-faced "gentlemen's agreement" this round and it's utterly laughable because apparently these "gentlemen's agreements" only really exist for real players in TE, not for anyone figuring things out on their own on the fringes. TE AA's raiding policies are way more cancerous and fatal to the long-term success for TE than this war ever would be. Apparently everyone around here can only play TE on the terms they're comfortable with. Man up and deal with it. What's the point of playing TE if you're not going to fight?

Edited by Monty of the Herm

real fast how TE works 

10 man or under alliance will be raided if that raided nation asks for peace they will probably get it immediately 

if that raided nation fights back war will pursue….

i believe myself and probably the rest of TE would  love you guys to stick around 

the fact that you hit an alliance freshly out of war is just wrong..

i would love to fight you guys with the  proper  recovery time i personally wouldn’t even mind the down declare but to hit a alliance who just used up most of there resources just fighting another war is just pathetic..

you say our last war was a soft war it was compared to this but it doesn’t mean we are ready for the next one .. 

ill give you a break down and you tell me if i was “ready for next war”

i left war with TPC with 43 million as a WC sounds great but doesn’t make me ready 

you guys hit now i could have just bellied up and saved my WC but i didn’t 

i needed to build to fight my opponents accordingly that cost me almost 30 million that leaves me 10 to go a 5 day war 

with re buying cost that is no where enough so i didn’t have a chance the second you guys declared…..

i really do wish you guys “ get it” and learn the ways of TE because i would love to have you guys in the cycle of TE alliances 

i will say this you guys have given TE a purpose and you have brought the majority of TE leaders closer.

but your actions need to change 

I have an apology to make, when I saw you guys mention your Gentleman's Agreements, I thought they were simply part of your casualty farming power structure, setup so no-one has to do any real work to share in a couple of free donations every round. I see now that I am wrong, for that please accept my apology.

I see now that in addition to the above, it also actively includes a clause to stomp any potential threats to your neat little world out of existence before they are able to get off the ground. For those watching at home, lets have an action replay.

Gentleman's agreements 101

i believe myself and probably the rest of TE would  love you guys to stick around
i really do wish you guys “ get it” and learn the ways of TE because i would love to have you guys in the cycle of TE alliances

Rule #1: Planet Steve wants everyone to stick around, so long as you are able to bring enough friends because...

10 man or under alliance will be raided if that raided nation asks for peace they will probably get it immediately 

Rule #2: If you don't, and if you fight back against someone who has hit you for no reason, stolen your land and tech, destroyed your infrastructure, you can expect war until your nation is dust, just so you remember your place on Steve.

Rule #3: And the sweetener, if you are able to get past 10 nations, and able to avoid being raided by the top alliances, don't forget that to give them a fighting chance by letting them have 1/6 of a round off, you have to let them recover from those tough wars without nukes, spies, blockades and other things that might actually do damage.  Plus, if your late on day 10, another one of the top alliances might get them first for you (sans nukes, spies, blockades, damage).

I am glad I am able to finally understand why I am an honourless dirtbag for declaring on a well organised alliance, and that in order for me to regain my honour, I should go show some new guys where the door can hit them on the way out.

They just don't get it

real fast how TE works 

i would love to fight you guys with the  proper  recovery time i personally wouldn’t even mind the down declare but to hit a alliance who just used up most of there resources just fighting another war is just pathetic..

you say our last war was a soft war it was compared to this but it doesn’t mean we are ready for the next one .. 

i left war with TPC with 43 million as a WC sounds great but doesn’t make me ready 

i needed to build to fight my opponents accordingly that cost me almost 30 million that leaves me 10 to go a 5 day war 

with re buying cost that is no where enough so i didn’t have a chance the second you guys declared…..

i will say this you guys have given TE a purpose and you have brought the majority of TE leaders closer.

Its just great being back on same side as Road Rash... Long time since our RE days...But we had some dude from Indiana leading us :smug:

They just don't get it

Its just great being back on same side as Road Rash... Long time since our RE days...But we had some dude from Indiana leading us :smug:

ill always have love for my first home in RE and will always hold RE close to my internet heart as for the dude from Indiana he is the best and will always have my respect ;)

Edited by greco

Well now, Caladin hasnt responded and I am very sure he's brighter than his Hoots.  The party got bigger, noticing SE members fallin in w/E growing nicely..  Caladin I will give you credit in rallying more Hoots.  We about accomplished what we want to do so far, Caladin were now herding your hoots for a stagger TE style.  

On another note, this Mega #36 edition has certainly open a new era for TE.  If we can keep the numbers coming w/great starting moneys this could grow us all in a few rounds.  Look forward to more orounds like this!

Time to kill Eurasia!

Oh yeah, this party has taken a small leap for TE social grace rules!  Roman Empire shined up their shields (rebuilt from war) decided to join the party!  History of RE lives on were many greats originate!

Oh and take off your gloves Stanger your about done, beside that Micael Jackson attire is creapy.  If you been around on the bottom terre of TE I now know your experience, you may had noticed Admin adjusted start times to help nations get a start.  The world of TE is hard, its a lot harder if your stupid!  GL you should get it soon! 

Edited by Hoosier

I can't decide if this is a boys' club or a moralist convention.

Either way, I know there are some reasonable folks here. The rest of you, get in line.

Edited by Terekhov

real fast how TE works 

And that's exactly why TE is flawed and why I called you all out on your complete double standards.

According to you if you're on the fringes, not a significant player, and choose to not play on the hegemony in TE's terms then you get crushed into oblivion. If you're big and choose not to play by the hegemony in TE's "gentlemen's agreements" you get crushed into oblivion just the same.

You know what happened in SE when Pacifica and her allies pulled those sort of stunts? They got rolled in Karma because Pacifica and her allies were allegedly driving people away from CN and not letting other players play CN on their terms. I never thought I'd see the day that I was the equivalent of FAN in any realm in CN, but I guess there's always a first for everything. CASUALTIEZZZZZZZZZZZ!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

listen guys enough is enough there is no hegemony here in TE 

​you guys seem to think this is SE where Pacifics ways will prevail it doesn’t here it is a very small community and no one here would allow any nation to be destroyed let alone an alliance be picked apart i can honestly say if there was a problem where anyone was being unjustly attacked the community of TE would come together 

​it has happened in the past it is happening now and will continue to happen as long as TE is here ..

​perfect example is the Avengers they built better and faster then any alliance in TE the came in and kicked major ass most outside of the avengers wanted to string steve by the neck but he never did anything to justify an all out call of TE members and actually put everyone on there toes….

you guys really do believe might makes right and think you can come here and force your will… it will not happen 

​as far as your raiding you will get raided if you are in a alliance with less then 10 members if you notify alliances and ask to be on there do not raid list most if not all will honor your request…

​as far as TE being flawed thats where your wrong TE is a great place to teach,compete and just have fun 

learn the basics and you will enjoy it here 

RoadRash 

listen guys enough is enough there is no hegemony here in TE 

​you guys seem to think this is SE where Pacifics ways will prevail it doesn’t here it is a very small community and no one here would allow any nation to be destroyed let alone an alliance be picked apart i can honestly say if there was a problem where anyone was being unjustly attacked the community of TE would come together 

​it has happened in the past it is happening now and will continue to happen as long as TE is here ..

​perfect example is the Avengers they built better and faster then any alliance in TE the came in and kicked major ass most outside of the avengers wanted to string steve by the neck but he never did anything to justify an all out call of TE members and actually put everyone on there toes….

you guys really do believe might makes right and think you can come here and force your will… it will not happen 

​as far as your raiding you will get raided if you are in a alliance with less then 10 members if you notify alliances and ask to be on there do not raid list most if not all will honor your request…

​as far as TE being flawed thats where your wrong TE is a great place to teach,compete and just have fun 

learn the basics and you will enjoy it here 

RoadRash 

Well I can tell you from direct experience that it has been done. I was attacked in a smaller alliance with no mercy simply because I refused to play TE on the terms of the larger, more accepted alliance. At the time for that round it drove me to leave TE as a new player.

Now because once again an alliance decides to not play within the terms the larger community has a buddy buddy deal Eurasia is made out to be the big bad alliance for playing on it's own terms and not by the conditions Steve tries to impose on us. I simply made the comparison to SE because the same exact actions drove players away from SE, and alliances who behaved in the way the TE community is now eventually got rolled for it. Forcing players to play on your terms has more potential to drive players away than to get them to stick around and play TE.

You can't drive smaller fringe players from the game with such raiding policies, and then claim the moral high ground in this instance in the same breath it's a complete double standard to favor the privileged few in TE. Pacifica learned that lesson in SE, the TE community apparently needs to learn it now.

Edit for grammar.

Why exactly would everyone joining up to roll us ruin the round? It'd be a fun fight.

This is a 100m round, so ok, you can reroll and fight again. If you think that is the way you will fight, hope you are only playing one round, because in a 10m round, it wouldn't be fun, believe me.

Now, imagine a scenario where you had a good fight, had fun in a war and came out of it 1 day ago, still under a nuclear anarchy. You are hoping to rebuild and have another good war/fight. Instead some alliance attacks you and over 5 days, a few of you survive it. Then another alliance attacks you as soon as you are out of your 2nd war, this time bill-locks you or ZIs you with no money to spare. That effectively leaves you no option but to reroll, or at best, lose interest in the round. Now, if that happened to every alliance around, soon you will be only left with 20-30 playing nations by the end of the round with a huge edge over those who decided to reroll. The next age on, no one would care about alliances, as being in an alliance wouldn't matter, it can't protect you anyways. 

Sticking around a few rounds in TE will teach you all this by experience. And it is based on experience that some informal codes (or as you call them 'gentlemen's agreement) have been made, so that playing here is fun.

So, if you stick around 3-4 rounds more, i would like to see if your opinion about this changes.

MotH I’m sorry you experienced the brutal attacks for being raided 

i tell you this if you would have made it public or even tried to get out of the curb stomp the majority of TE would of stood with you 

we try and make it fair all around 

also to make it clear i am not 1 to be on IRC i do not coordinate with any leaders of any alliance i simply speak to people on the big boards or in game 

there is no planning of taken down alliances there are no coalitions there is just simple war 

I’m sure some have coordinated to win flags or spied for whatever reason they want but here on steve it is build and destroy no dirty tactics no unfair beatdowns 

just basic respect for the common players…

i don not see that in Eurasia i just see a bunch of seasoned players looking to come into a place and try and make it the way they want…

i hope it changes and you guys find your way on steve ..

i for 1 will not re roll so i really hope this works it way out and i don’t have to fight Eurasia the whole round 

RoadRash

This is painfully retarded. Why, exactly, is there a community rule that if someone declares a war you decide is a "dogpile," that every other alliance is obligated to dogpile them? Isn't that, y'know, hypocrisy?

Sticking around a few rounds in TE will teach you all this by experience. And it is based on experience that some informal codes (or as you call them 'gentlemen's agreement) have been made, so that playing here is fun.

So, if you stick around 3-4 rounds more, i would like to see if your opinion about this changes.

Personally I (and I think many of my comrades) have less of a problem with informal codes than them being applied selectively by an "elite" few.

Only difference with the past is, we're willing and able to call people on the hypocrisy well enough to draw attention to it.

For now they can mix it with justifications about violating said code [which was broken by DEFCON+RE before we did], but I'll be interested to see what happens in future.

Edited by Terekhov

This is painfully retarded. Why, exactly, is there a community rule that if someone declares a war you decide is a "dogpile," that every other alliance is obligated to dogpile them? Isn't that, y'know, hypocrisy?

Well there pilgrim, seems downdeclaring is a dog pile, bully is dogpile, you may catch on yet!  Frankly your leader who should had this right ffrom the beginning.  Attack a broken AA just our of war is Dogpile.  I prob say someone is recognizing the issue (dogpile) s/b will be clear any day!

Oh, we recognize the symptoms. It's the problem's root that we disagree on; perhaps some of the others have some ideas?

Edited by Terekhov

Well there pilgrim, seems downdeclaring is a dog pile, bully is dogpile, you may catch on yet!  Frankly your leader who should had this right ffrom the beginning.  Attack a broken AA just our of war is Dogpile.  I prob say someone is recognizing the issue (dogpile) s/b will be clear any day!

I don't think you understand. If this is such a problem, why are you continuing to propagate it?

This is a 100m round, so ok, you can reroll and fight again. If you think that is the way you will fight, hope you are only playing one round, because in a 10m round, it wouldn't be fun, believe me.

But see, we are talking about *this* round, not an alternative timeline with different starting conditions. Our decisions are based on these current conditions, so trying to pick our actions out and transplant them into a different context makes no sense, because a different context would likely mean different actions.

Now, imagine a scenario where you had a good fight, had fun in a war and came out of it 1 day ago, still under a nuclear anarchy. You are hoping to rebuild and have another good war/fight. Instead some alliance attacks you and over 5 days, a few of you survive it. Then another alliance attacks you as soon as you are out of your 2nd war, this time bill-locks you or ZIs you with no money to spare. That effectively leaves you no option but to reroll, or at best, lose interest in the round. Now, if that happened to every alliance around, soon you will be only left with 20-30 playing nations by the end of the round with a huge edge over those who decided to reroll. The next age on, no one would care about alliances, as being in an alliance wouldn't matter, it can't protect you anyways.

If every alliance is subjected to bill-lock and anarchy, then how are they managing to go around and keep everyone else in bill-lock and anarchy?