Message Intercepted

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As a wise old penguin once said, tempora mutantur, nos et mutamur in illis. I am glad to see that transformative diplomacy is not dead in this world of impatience and short attention spans. Well done.

Though we usually like seeing friends of ours getting along, the western conclave of samurai outlaws would like to formally assert its displeasure that this treaty was announced in the above fashion, despite our incessant attempts to use the following graphic instead.

b8RsJ4I.png

I wish we were hot, we're all too old and lazy to stay in shape.

Congrats to Pacifica and Viridia.

So - if I understand correctly - this is an optional military treaty between VE and NPO being posed as a flowery press communique after a diplomatic meeting? Why is entering into a military treaty being called "normalization of relations"? "Normalization of relations" implies that relations went from hostile to normal.

Edited by murtibing

So - if I understand correctly - this is an optional military treaty between VE and NPO being posed as a flowery press communique after a diplomatic meeting? Why is entering into a military treaty being called "normalization of relations"? "Normalization of relations" implies that relations went from hostile to normal.

Usually, when alliances sign a treaty, they pick a theme for it. We decided to go with a historical theme. [ooc] obviously, the real Nixon China visit did not result in a military treaty being signed [/ooc]

Though we usually like seeing friends of ours getting along, the western conclave of samurai outlaws would like to formally assert its displeasure that this treaty was announced in the above fashion, despite our incessant attempts to use the following graphic instead.

b8RsJ4I.png

This graphic is clearly depicting Goldielocks and not our current Lord Baltus.

DIsagree.  That is how Baltus dresses whenever we get together.

b8RsJ4I.png

....so if I'm understanding this correctly, NPO, NpO, and NSO will come back to their clubhouse, find their porridge half eatern, their favorite chairs broken, and VE sleeping in NPO's bed and then they will chase VE out of the clubhouse and into the woods?

....so if I'm understanding this correctly, NPO, NpO, and NSO will come back to their clubhouse, find their porridge half eatern, their favorite chairs broken, and VE sleeping in NPO's bed and then they will chase VE out of the clubhouse and into the woods?

That works for me, but sadly only one of us has the cajoles to follow through.

In addition to what others have said, I'll note that given our amount of treaties, it isn't really that much of a stretch that the normal state of affairs is to have a treaty.

*GoldieBlocks, actually.

Judging by the way NPO and VE are holding hands at the end, I don't think NPO would be too pissed to find a blonde in your bed. I think it'd go differently.

NPO, NpO, and NSO will come back to their clubhouse, find their porridge half eaten, their favorite chairs broken, and VE sleeping in NPO's bed and then NPO will call out to NpO and NSO "Hey guys, no need to check my room! There's nothing in here, I swear."

#goldielockswasafox