• Replies 282
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You keep saying Libertarian like the word means anything coming from your mouth anymore.

Libertarianism is a political philosophy that upholds liberty as its principal objective, I think you know what it means. We fight for freedom and against those who would oppress it. This war started over Dreamweaver declaring on me in his effort to suppress the right of a Libertarian to hold a senate seat. SRA supported these attacks. Even if everything is resolved with the Brown sphere and fellow Brown alliances, the fight continues with those who decided to oppose those of us who are committed to defending Freedom.

The way I see it, is why should my nation ruler behave as an oppressive tyrant? is that the kind of ideologies I want to be spread with those who look up to me and have impressionable minds? No. The Libertarian Empire's purpose is to promote the ideology of respecting everyone's rights, without infringing upon them. With the Libertarian Party of Cybernations, many now understand Libertarian concepts and are proud to be part of the Libertarian Party and voting for me. With my Senate Seat, I can spread Libertarian principles even further and help protect the Liberty of anyone who becomes the victim of unjust sanctions on Brown, which if placed cause a reduction in the Freedom for everyone on Brown. As nation rulers we should support the ideal world we want to create, in any world.

Edited by Methrage

Libertarianism is a political philosophy that upholds liberty as its principal objective, I think you know what it means. We fight for freedom and against those who would oppress it. This war started over Dreamweaver declaring on me in his effort to suppress the right of a Libertarian to hold a senate seat. SRA supported these attacks. Even if everything is resolved with the Brown sphere and fellow Brown alliances, the fight continues with those who decided to oppose those of us who are committed to defending Freedom.

The way I see it, is why should my nation ruler behave as an oppressive tyrant? is that the kind of ideologies I want to be spread with those who look up to me and have impressionable minds? No. The Libertarian Empire's purpose is to promote the ideology of respecting everyone's rights, without infringing upon them. With the Libertarian Party of Cybernations, many now understand Libertarian concepts and are proud to be part of the Libertarian Party and voting for me. With my Senate Seat, I can spread Libertarian principles even further and help protect the Liberty of anyone who becomes the victim of unjust sanctions on Brown, which if placed cause a reduction in the Freedom for everyone on Brown. As nation rulers we should support the ideal world we want to create, in any world.

I'm sure this will be a waste of time, but I can't help but engage people who think they know something about political philosophy.

So how would you properly utilize a senate seat in adherence to your idea of libertarianism?

Edited by Abshire

I'm sure this will be a waste of time, but I can't help but engage people who think they know something about political philosophy.

So how would you properly utilize a senate seat in adherence to your idea of libertarianism?

If the freedom of a nation to trade with other nations is taken away, without just cause, doesn't that go against libertarian principles? Does Libertarianism not promote freedom of association and freedom from unprovoked aggression?

Edited by Methrage

You know this whole BS libertarian crap could just as easily been done by joining a neutral alliance or becoming neutral instead of running about continually starting $#]+ with every one and getting cratered. You don't get sanctioned if you don't continually go rogue and piss people aff.

Just saying.

You know this whole BS libertarian crap could just as easily been done by joining a neutral alliance or becoming neutral instead of running about continually starting $#]+ with every one and getting cratered. You don't get sanctioned if you don't continually go rogue and piss people aff.

Just saying.

I'm not neutral, when good men do nothing evil prevails.

No I'm retired so I don't count anymore.

Also GOONS is a bit more successful than your junk pretend alliance so... Clearly you are worse.

Is that GOONS coPilot title just for show or has GOONS declined to the point they have a retired CoPilot leading the flock?

If the freedom of a nation to trade with other nations is taken away, without just cause, doesn't that go against libertarian principles? Does Libertarianism not promote freedom of association and freedom from unprovoked aggression?

It's the "without just cause" part about which people can reasonably disagree.

Why don't you provide Bob with a way to determine what "just cause" is regarding the use of sanctions? And, perhaps even more important, a situation where the previous Brown senators acted unjustly. 

It's the "without just cause" part about which people can reasonably disagree.

Why don't you provide Bob with a way to determine what "just cause" is regarding the use of sanctions? And, perhaps even more important, a situation where the previous Brown senators acted unjustly. 

The sanctioning of RUKUNU, despite his alliance having 15+ members. Whatever definitions alliances have on what constitutes an alliance, aNiMaLz fit the bill. This sanction has since been removed after I protested its existence. I think when sanction requests are made, a team announcement should be made where the nations of the team color and Senators can discuss the validity of the sanction, with at least a 24 hour gap between posting and the sanction being placed. Where facts can be brought to light. Where the nation accused of being a rogue can explain their case if they are on the color. There needs to be a process to it, not just where some Senator places a sanction just because they are asked without checking into the circumstances.

Edited by Methrage

The sanctioning of RUKUNU, despite his alliance having 15+ members. Whatever definitions alliances have on what constitutes an alliance, aNiMaLz fit the bill. This sanction has since been removed after I protested its existence. I think when sanction requests are made, a team announcement should be made where the nations of the team color and Senators can discuss the validity of the sanction, with at least a 24 hour gap between posting and the sanction being placed. Where facts can be brought to light. Where the nation accused of being a rogue can explain their case if they are on the color. There needs to be a process to it, not just where some Senator places a sanction just because they are asked without checking into the circumstances.

Allow me to clarify my question; What is the "just" use of senatorial power? What you provided is a mechanism for evaluation, not a criteria for evaluation. The later is much more important, and should be a part of any comprehensive political theory. 

As for your example, why was the RUKUNU sanction requested? 

Allow me to clarify my question; What is the "just" use of senatorial power? What you provided is a mechanism for evaluation, not a criteria for evaluation. The later is much more important, and should be a part of any comprehensive political theory. 

As for your example, why was the RUKUNU sanction requested? 

Because they requested me sanctioned and that didn't work, then asked a different senator to sanction RUKUNU. Since GOONS wanted to restrict free trade between nations of the brown team through sanctions. Also since this thread isn't about brown politics so much, as that has already been settled; I'll be glad to go more in depth via PM if you wish or move this discussion to the Libertarian Party of Cybernations thread. However very rarely would I consider the use of a sanction just. Retaliation against a Senator who is using his sanction powers to cause great harm to the team would be one example.

Just label yourself as "Eternal GOONS CoPilot" and the problem is resolved.

I'm sure he'll always imagine himself CoPilot with that in his member title and signature to remind him of the highest point in his career, which was him fucking up really bad as CoPilot before getting replaced. Not really anything he should be proud of. :laugh: