Fired All My Nukes

SaltyRichard

Nevermind, turns out there isn't a limit to the nukes that you can fire, just to the one's that hit. Carry on. 

Edited by SaltyRichard

So, before the last update (as in, like an hour ago) I was able to fire a nuke. I got to press the Launch Attack button and everything. 

I'm pretty sure that after last night's update I had already fired a nuke, but not entirely sure. So I don't know how I was able to fire a nuke before the last update (an hour ago). 

During update (an hour ago), I was getting a message along the lines of "Nukes disabled during peak activity." which I assumed was a normal thing to occur. 

Then after update (an hour ago), I tried to launch my second nuke of the night on the same target. I did this for the three wars I was in with 2 hits, 1 SDI block.

Then I decided to double check that I had indeed launched all my nukes, something I do regularly, so I don't forget to launch. 

The two targets with the hits I was unable to launch, but when I checked the third target (who blocked my nuke with an SDI), I was still able to press "Launch Attack."

I got curious and decide to test it out. I pressed Launch Attack. Then I did it again, and again, and again... I ended up firing all the nukes I had, each of them blocked by my target's SDI, which seemed statistically unlikely. 

The screenshots of my sent messages might tell a slightly different story, so either my memory is a little fuzzy or the messages weren't sent properly.

http://imgur.com/a/ZaKe6#0

There's definitely at least one part to this bug: I was able to fire off more than one (several) nuke in a day, the second part might be that my opponent's SDI managed to block something like 10 nukes in a row (or I'm just unlucky). 

I'm going to see if I can get my opponent to post screenshots from their end. 

You can fire more than one nuke, you just can't hit someone/make contact with someone more than once a day. You're just unlucky, I once saw an IRON nation drop a full payload (all 25) and they all got blocked! Better luck tomorrow. 

Indeed; the limit is not on you launching nukes, but instead on the number of nukes the target can eat.

Furthermore, while unlikely and unfortunate, missing ten in a row isn't that rare; it will happen in about every 3 of 500 cases.