Supernova X Imperial Decree

Isn't defending allies regardless of cost the first lesson at the Polaris School of Alliance Re-education?

Really though, if you didn't stop to think this may be bad for your PR, I'm very concerned for SNX and its new "massive internal changes."

Also, mandatory "forums are for loser alliances".

PR was in fact taken into account, I reckon the thoughts would be the same, before or after. I'll be the first to say it, going to war over vengeance and not taking the PR hit, is not worth continued internal turmoil. 

Even if we were a sound, organized AA, the outcome would of been the same. We do not support vengeance, in the face of a foe that honestly, we cannot beat right now. TSO had their option, and shoved it in our face. 

Edited by Krihelion

• Replies 253
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know its hard for you to fathom, because you have never been in a real alliance due to your severe autism, but there is much more to this world than mindlessly blowing away all your stats. This is probably why you have never had a nation capable of inflicting actual damage. 

SNX is undergoing massive internal changes, and recovering from not having a forum for more than a month. We have nothing against TSO, but we were not going to rush into a war with some of the most stubborn fighters on CN over some revenge.

The "severe autism" personal attack here might ring a bit more true if your alliance wasn't barreling away from the loss of meaningless statistics at the speed of light in some desperate attempt to make itself seem more relevant via stacking up infra and tech.

I'll stick to "going by my word" and "having my friends' back," which are the true traits of autism to be sure. Edited by Neo Uruk

PR was in fact taken into account, I reckon the thoughts would be the same, before or after. I'll be the first to say it, going to war over vengeance and not taking the PR hit, is not worth continued internal turmoil. 

Even if we were a sound, organized AA, the outcome would of been the same. We do not support vengeance, in the face of a foe that honestly, we cannot beat right now. TSO had their option, and shoved it in our face. 

You could have also done nothing for now, or quietly cut the treaty. Preferably both. Instead went for the fast and hard way of assuring that you'll maximize your public showing for cutting and running on alleged allies.

Also, did SNX just say they couldn't beat Monsters Inc in a fight? Congrats Monsters Inc, I gravely underestimated you, not that the war screens didn't already show you were capable.

Before I would attempt to explain honor and intelligence to Rey I think I would try something easier, like teaching a cat to do linear equations.

TSO could have had the moral high ground here but they have thrown it away at every turn. They're currently abusing their sanctions privileges, just to put a cherry on top.

Also, Kingzog, really? Glass house much?

There is nothing honorable about canceling a treaty with an ally when they are fghting a defensive war. If you find you can not support them in the war you tell them so and why privately. If they disclose the reason publically then that is on them. Canceling the treaty reflects poorly on you in many ways.

P.S. "You" denotes they who canceled the treaty not the person quoted.

...severe autism...

HxPjiVv.gif

I don't know what, why, or even who really, but hey, if you don't want to fight you don't have to fight.  I probably wouldn't have paraded that fact out for the world to see though, and at the very least not until the end of the 48 hour cancellation period.

Also, Kingzog, really? Glass house much?

I have no idea what you're on about. Our allies know that we would go to the mat for them in a heartbeat. Ask your own protectors in NG. I'm sure they'll be happy to set you straight.

There is nothing honorable about canceling a treaty with an ally when they are fghting a defensive war. If you find you can not support them in the war you tell them so and why privately. If they disclose the reason publically then that is on them. Canceling the treaty reflects poorly on you in many ways.

P.S. "You" denotes they who canceled the treaty not the person quoted.

This is your opinion. While you have every right to your opinion, this one is not well thought out. It shows far too much concern for the opinions of the peanut gallery when opposed to actually doing what needs to be done.

Another opinion is that it's best to end an obsolete treaty as soon as possible - leaving less time for incidents that might cause hurt feelings. Do the right thing first, worry about PR second.

This is your opinion. While you have every right to your opinion, this one is not well thought out. It shows far too much concern for the opinions of the peanut gallery when opposed to actually doing what needs to be done.

Another opinion is that it's best to end an obsolete treaty as soon as possible - leaving less time for incidents that might cause hurt feelings. Do the right thing first, worry about PR second.

Funny thing about that peanut gallery, that is who they will be looking to find treaties with in the future. Good luck with that. Why would anyone trust them after something like this?

Edited by maxnmike

Funny thing about that peanut gallery, that is who they will be looking to find treaties with in the future. Good luck with that. Why would anyone trust them after something like this?

The people who are getting their digs in over this are the people that hated SnX before the announcement, so it's unlikely to change anything.

I know its hard for you to fathom, because you have never been in a real alliance due to your severe autism, but there is much more to this world than mindlessly blowing away all your stats. This is probably why you have never had a nation capable of inflicting actual damage. 

Careful not to tiptoe into OOC territory, darling. Nobody likes an individual who does so.

Oh please, what was SNX risking that they didn't already lose with this announcement? Respect from TSO? Of their other allies who have to look at the #19 alliance who admitted to being unable to back up their own protectorate even if they wanted to?

Here's the thing about his opinion, it's one that just about everyone around here is going to share, because just about everyone agrees you should not make a public spectacle of your own impotence concurrent with cutting and running on your own damn protectorate. Ask yourself this Sigrun, would your idol Unknown Smurf leave out to dry his own protectorate? Considering he didn't leave Monsters Inc out to for the vultures, all the while admitting they make mistakes, I'm going to say no. Nobody in their right mind would support cutting and running on your own protectorate because they had the audacity to not immediately accept peace in an engagement that they have every right to say no to. It will always be taken poorly, and rightfully so. So you can take your "do the right thing" trash and put it out next to the assortment of Tywin works where it belongs.

The people who are getting their digs in over this are the people that hated SnX before the announcement, so it's unlikely to change anything.

Quite honestly, before this I had no opinion about SnX either way. Now I do.

So you can take your "do the right thing" trash and put it out next to the assortment of Tywin works where it belongs.

I'm not surprised you are openly hostile to the idea of doing the right thing - not at all surprised.

Now let's back out of your propagandistic daydreams and look at reality instead for a moment. CA has backed our allies without fail for the many years we have existed. Never yet have we cancelled a treaty. If you want a paradigm of loyalty you would be very hard pressed to find better. But I would drop this treaty like a hot potato myself.

TSO may have a bigger cheering section here, but that reflects the advanced corruption of this world nothing more. Their behaviour thus far has been reprehensible and the mob mentality you are demonstrating here is only encouraging them to worse.

Oh please, what was SNX risking that they didn't already lose with this announcement? Respect from TSO? Of their other allies who have to look at the #19 alliance who admitted to being unable to back up their own protectorate even if they wanted to?

Here's the thing about his opinion, it's one that just about everyone around here is going to share, because just about everyone agrees you should not make a public spectacle of your own impotence concurrent with cutting and running on your own damn protectorate. Ask yourself this Sigrun, would your idol Unknown Smurf leave out to dry his own protectorate? Considering he didn't leave Monsters Inc out to for the vultures, all the while admitting they make mistakes, I'm going to say no. Nobody in their right mind would support cutting and running on your own protectorate because they had the audacity to not immediately accept peace in an engagement that they have every right to say no to. It will always be taken poorly, and rightfully so. So you can take your "do the right thing" trash and put it out next to the assortment of Tywin works where it belongs.

I have a very difficult time saying this but I support SNX in the drop here.

I know you will read this and most likely throw it away as a disagreement for the sake of disagreeing with you (because of recent spats) but I'd disagree with anyone taking your point here.

SNX is in a position not many alliances have been in. Between chunks of their (greater) sphere radically changing FA paths, government overhauls and AA splits (unmergers) they have a very dynamic potential FA with a decent NS backing it and it would be very detrimental to long term goals (no matter what they are) by expending capital here when NADCs capitol is more than sufficient to ensure the eventual solution to the issue at hand with or without SNXs support.

I mean it's not as though SNX is ducking out of a losing fight, at worst they are ducking out of a winning one (though I'd be willing to bet it was more of a 'hey we were gonna cancel on these guys a while ago but we were too lazy/inactive to get it done but now that somethings happening with them it lit a fire under our ass to get it done' kinda thing. Edited by Unknown Smurf

I'm not surprised you are openly hostile to the idea of doing the right thing - not at all surprised.

Now let's back out of your propagandistic daydreams and look at reality instead for a moment. CA has backed our allies without fail for the many years we have existed. Never yet have we cancelled a treaty. If you want a paradigm of loyalty you would be very hard pressed to find better. But I would drop this treaty like a hot potato myself.

TSO may have a bigger cheering section here, but that reflects the advanced corruption of this world nothing more. Their behaviour thus far has been reprehensible and the mob mentality you are demonstrating here is only encouraging them to worse.

Go ahead and ask Sengoku about my opinions on doing the right thing, but I appreciate your attempts to play this game. And for the record, I don't even particularly care for TSO, you can ask NADC what I had to say on them. This isn't a matter of propaganda, this is a matter of people like you trying to say Monsters Inc did nothing wrong, while they've done nothing but validate everything they did as wrong proudly.

Go ahead and ask Sengoku about my opinions on doing the right thing, but I appreciate your attempts to play this game. And for the record, I don't even particularly care for TSO, you can ask NADC what I had to say on them. This isn't a matter of propaganda, this is a matter of people like you trying to say Monsters Inc did nothing wrong, while they've done nothing but validate everything they did as wrong proudly.

Wrong in your eyes, we dance to a different beat. Imagine a world in doom or polars eyes (cringes)

I have a very difficult time saying this but I support SNX in the drop here.

I know you will read this and most likely throw it away as a disagreement for the sake of disagreeing with you (because of recent spats) but I'd disagree with anyone taking your point

There you are, been waiting for another comment from you. I've had to settle for replying to other people in your absence, it's been rough.

I am indeed going to take what you're saying with disbelief, maybe I'm wrong, I'd like to think not. You've by far been the most agreeable, even if we disagree. You should be the face of this more.

Wrong in your eyes, we dance to a different beat. Imagine a world in doom or polars eyes (cringes)

I'm glad we at least agree on the point of "a different beat", even if we differ on what it goes towards.

Kingzog the Zigzag.

Also note, His nation activity is kept to a zilch

Thank god for article 7, section 8, 3rd paragraph, second sentence

And once again you make no sense.

You and Sigrun seem like a match made in Heaven.

And once again you make no sense.

You and Sigrun seem like a match made in Heaven.

It's better than being on the same side of an argument with Rey Edited by Lord Hitchcock

There you are, been waiting for another comment from you. I've had to settle for replying to other people in your absence, it's been rough.

I am indeed going to take what you're saying with disbelief, maybe I'm wrong, I'd like to think not. You've by far been the most agreeable, even if we disagree. You should be the face of this more.

Edited previous post.

I think you may believe I have been agreeable because we've historically had few (if any) spats. Along the same vein I believe that many people have issues with MInc for residual historical issues rather than current blunders.