Supernova X Imperial Decree

Are you sure it isn't the other way around?  That SNX made a poop post and trained monkeys are making excuses for political reasons?  Substitute "DBDC" for "SNX" in your post and you sound exactly like the people you rail against. I think your post lacks nuance and sophistication, and only makes the people who you are trying to defend, who have wisely chosen to be silent on the matter since about page two, worse.  Please help SNX by not helping SNX further.

SNX never violated the sovereignty of alliances, nor did it ever do anything to offend people besides simply daring to merge and exist.

• Replies 253
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@ Myth's rant:

There are a series of coincidences that I find strange.  That said, I'm sure they are purely coincidental, and therefore, I make no allegation:

• Unjako leaves MI6
  •  
  • Unjako is accepted into SNX minutes later
  •  
  • Quite quickly Unjako becomes a member of SNX government
  •  
  • Creates proverbial !@#$storm
  •  
  • Leaves SNX
  •  
  • Accepted almost immediately back into MI6

In this day and age, it sure does seem heavy on the coincidences, but I'm just a guy in a !@#$%* little micro that DoEd today.  What the hell do I know?

Edit:  Got distracted and typed accepted twice

Rock solid CB for Kaskus against Mi6 right here

SNX never violated the sovereignty of alliances, nor did it ever do anything to offend people besides simply daring to merge and exist.

The problem with SNX is that it inherited a bad reputation from the AAs and nations that formed it. I am not a clean-slate guy. I'm a forgive-but-never-forget guy. When an AA that aggressively attacked NG because of a "secret" treaty (i.e. lies and chicanery) merges with an AA that harbored a nuclear rogue that hit NG, they do not get a do-over just because they rebranded.

So, SNX has basically been operating on negative diplomatic capital since its founding. They've attempted to rectify this, but it's kinda hard when events like this thread keep happening.

Strong and steady allies are more important than diplomatic capital. SNX was marked for destruction ever since it formed, and yet they stand today, stronger than ever due to experience and a new Imperial Government willing to do whatever it takes to survive in a hostile world.

And lets not pretend NG has been a saint either. Especially when it comes to harboring infamous oath-breaking nuke-rogues.

Edited by Tywin Lannister

Objection: non-responsive. That's not even good spin.

Rock solid CB for Kaskus against Mi6 right here

Objection:  Hilarious.  Well played, sir.

Strong and steady allies are more important than diplomatic capital. SNX was marked for destruction ever since it formed, and yet they stand today, stronger than ever due to experience and a new Imperial Government willing to do whatever it takes to survive in a hostile world.
And lets not pretend NG has been a saint either. Especially when it comes to harboring infamous oath-breaking nuke-rogues.

True, but I am not acting confused when you hate NG. You, personally, have every reason to. That is not something anybody in NG has a problem with. We can accept your personal hate or indifference. Either matters little to us.

We have every reason to feel the same way about SNX, yet you pretend we don't. You cannot spin away those reasons by ignoring them. Currently, NG has no reason to change those feelings. If SNX does, then they will have to put in the work to do so.

Maybe NG's motivations will change. Who knows. If it does, you can expect a lot of the criticism to get muzzled by realpolitik. Until then, criticism of SNX will be barbed. Accept it. Grow from it. Or ignore it. But don't expect it to change because you pull a poor-little-orphan-boy routine. Both you and the leadership of SNX have been around long enough for that to be disingenuous at best.

The problem with SNX is that it inherited a bad reputation from the AAs and nations that formed it. I am not a clean-slate guy. I'm a forgive-but-never-forget guy. When an AA that aggressively attacked NG because of a "secret" treaty (i.e. lies and chicanery) merges with an AA that harbored a nuclear rogue that hit NG, they do not get a do-over just because they rebranded.

So, SNX has basically been operating on negative diplomatic capital since its founding. They've attempted to rectify this, but it's kinda hard when events like this thread keep happening.

Funny thing ain't NG protecting the actual alliance who did that? please correct me if I am wrong. Now as new regent of SNX I'm dissapointed in our actions and will put us on the right track. Now that I've put in my 2 cents please go back to your normally schedule trolling

It's hardly trolling when people are discussing SNX actions which SNX itself chose to make public. It's not like people have read the OP and responded with, "Your Mom." That sort of rhetorical device by someone who claims to want to get SNX on the right track does not bode well for your future success.

People dislike SNX for a variety of reasons, but by far the most common is longstanding grudges against its individual components. For example, years ago MCXA spied on an alliance I led for the sole purpose of finding the flimsiest excuse to launch a war of extermination against its members. That you continue to sport the MCXA AA in this place makes me instinctively not trust you. If you don't want to be held accountable for the two-faced alliance you once belonged to, at least sport the AA of the alliance you purport to lead.

There is also the matter of the whiff of desperation in SNX's founding. Many people predicted that the merger of several inactive alliances would produce nothing but headaches down the road. And, apparently, you've just emerged from a massive inactivity-induced headache.

Understand that expectations of SNX have never been very high. Failure has been predicted since the beginning. And now SNX has handed people a reason to laugh at them. It's good that you're disappointed by this and, I will admit, pleasantly surprising that you would say so in public.*

* - Also, "Your Mom."

It's hardly trolling when people are discussing SNX actions which SNX itself chose to make public. It's not like people have read the OP and responded with, "Your Mom." That sort of rhetorical device by someone who claims to want to get SNX on the right track does not bode well for your future success.

People dislike SNX for a variety of reasons, but by far the most common is longstanding grudges against its individual components. For example, years ago MCXA spied on an alliance I led for the sole purpose of finding the flimsiest excuse to launch a war of extermination against its members. That you continue to sport the MCXA AA in this place makes me instinctively not trust you. If you don't want to be held accountable for the two-faced alliance you once belonged to, at least sport the AA of the alliance you purport to lead.

There is also the matter of the whiff of desperation in SNX's founding. Many people predicted that the merger of several inactive alliances would produce nothing but headaches down the road. And, apparently, you've just emerged from a massive inactivity-induced headache.

Understand that expectations of SNX have never been very high. Failure has been predicted since the beginning. And now SNX has handed people a reason to laugh at them. It's good that you're disappointed by this and, I will admit, pleasantly surprising that you would say so in public.*

* - Also, "Your Mom."

To start the trolling part was a shot at how the OWF normally is, a big troll fest. Second if people want to hold a grudge that old guess nothing I can do about that. Hell I was in MCXA since right after karma and didn't do that. But it's your opinion and grudges.

As well "your mom"

Funny thing ain't NG protecting the actual alliance who did that? please correct me if I am wrong. Now as new regent of SNX I'm dissapointed in our actions and will put us on the right track. Now that I've put in my 2 cents please go back to your normally schedule trolling

LoSS may exist, but the members that planned oA are in SNX. Again, about it not being about the brand itself, but the people behind the brand.

I appreciate that SNX is trying to right itself. That should make things more fun*, rather than funny.

*For Dwarf Fortress definitions of fun.

Meanwhile, let's play a game of Let's Compare Rogues:

Non Grata's Rogue

TidyBowlMan

Favorite Saying: I <3 Tywin's pecs

-Hit Tywin, and only Tywin, with a single nuke because Tywin.

-Stayed out of the NG AA for a month waiting for reprisals.

-Re-entered NG when reprisals ended and Tywin was kicked from SNX.

-Never complained once about reprisals.

-Left NG in a hissy fit, but still part of the Bob community.

Multi-Cross-X's Rogue

Rotavele

Favorite Saying: Why is this happening to me? I'm totally innocent! I give you tech long time!

-Hit half a dozen nations from at least two different AAs

-Used up entirety of nukes and warchest.

-Allowed onto MCX's AA for some reason.

-Kicked from MCX's AA (to their credit, but not enough).

-Sanctioned by entirety of Bob.

-Badgered everyone incessantly rather than take punishment or reroll.

-Managed to get mercy from Doomsphere.

-Later kicked from community for reasons not worth visiting again.

Please note that NG's rogue happened after MCX's rogue. So I guess, that makes things somewhat square. DoomWar squares the oA war. But things are still not going to be friendly for a while. Not with that much history.

LoSS may exist, but the members that planned oA are in SNX. Again, about it not being about the brand itself, but the people behind the brand.

I appreciate that SNX is trying to right itself. That should make things more fun*, rather than funny.
*For Dwarf Fortress definitions of fun.

Meanwhile, let's play a game of Let's Compare Rogues:

Non Grata's Rogue
TidyBowlMan
Favorite Saying: I <3 Tywin's pecs
-Hit Tywin, and only Tywin, with a single nuke because Tywin.
-Stayed out of the NG AA for a month waiting for reprisals.
-Re-entered NG when reprisals ended and Tywin was kicked from SNX.
-Never complained once about reprisals.
-Left NG in a hissy fit, but still part of the Bob community.

Multi-Cross-X's Rogue
Rotavele
Favorite Saying: Why is this happening to me? I'm totally innocent! I give you tech long time!
-Hit half a dozen nations from at least two different AAs
-Used up entirety of nukes and warchest.
-Allowed onto MCX's AA for some reason.
-Kicked from MCX's AA (to their credit, but not enough).
-Sanctioned by entirety of Bob.
-Badgered everyone incessantly rather than take punishment or reroll.
-Managed to get mercy from Doomsphere.
-Later kicked from community for reasons not worth visiting again.

Please note that NG's rogue happened after MCX's rogue. So I guess, that makes things somewhat square. DoomWar squares the oA war. But things are still not going to be friendly for a while. Not with that much history.

So your saying your holding former MCXA members cause of Rotavele? Would you feel the same if a bunch of former MCXA,LoSS members joined NG? Then would your grudge transfer to NG?

"your mom"

Oh, it's on.

Whatever 'it' is....

EDIT: Was all set to gloat that TBM is in NoR, but apparently he left three days ago. :mellow:  I guess 'it' is off, then.

Edited by kingzog

Oh, it's on.

Whatever 'it' is....

EDIT: Was all set to gloat that TBM is in NoR, but apparently he left three days ago. :mellow:  I guess 'it' is off, then.

It's on like donkey kong. I'll pull up archive stuff to hold a grudge. Just give me a few days to get those records

So your saying your holding former MCXA members cause of Rotavele? Would you feel the same if a bunch of former MCXA,LoSS members joined NG? Then would your grudge transfer to NG?

The key assumption there is that they would make it into NG in the first place. If you had been witness to our app process, you would know that NG apps are not single-day turnkey affairs. It took me 3 days and five pages of posts even with no prior history. Tywin languished for a week before they finally denied him. Longnameislonger actually had to submit a second app after the first one foundered, and he had to answer pointed questions about Mushroom Kingdom & TOP, as well as talk to high gov on IRC.

MCXA & LoSS members would be subject to the same process, and the wrong answers would get them banned from our forums. We're a quality, not quantity, sort of AA. Well, not quality per se, but you have to have certain qualities to join. Actually, that's right, we're a qualities AA.

P.S. Also, you should know that your mom is actually a classy lady. You don't call her enough.

This made me laugh.  Well turned, sir.

. We're a quality, not quantity, sort of AA. Well, not quality per se, but you have to have certain qualities to join. Actually, that's right, we're a qualities AA.

P.S. Also, you should know that your mom is actually a classy lady. You don't call her enough.