I am OK, thanks (Before I say goodbye)

jerdge

Best wishes, jerdge. 

GPA will certainly have a hard time replacing the person who many of us outside of GPA see as the "face" of GPA, regardless of who is actually elected. 

I am sorry to see you go, but I also understand the feeling.  Be careful, because you never know - I was at this point a year and a half ago.  You may end up on the "dark side" yet :P (although if anyone can stand against the temptation it would be you)

Edited by White Chocolate

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's been great knowing you. I was going to say that it's a pity that you are going but then I saw this:

Good riddance.

Immediately I realized that you are doing the right thing. 

Edited by thespindoctor

It's been great knowing you. I was going to say that it's a pity that you are going but then I saw this:

Immediately I realized that you are doing the right thing. 

Please make another thread marveling at Cuba's infra 

I have no leg to stand on when it comes to telling anybody to stay.  However, you could just pop in on occasion when things heat up or just to cause to some trouble.  Seems like Planet Bob would be a lesser place with your loss.  We have lost far to many old timers.      

A shame to hear, Jerdge. Very very few outside of NSO would elicit an emotional response from me over leaving our world, you're one of the few.

I'm glad everything in life is ok and there's no nefarious reasons lurking in the background. Good luck out there, hope all remains well.

Cheers old friend.  :wub:

Seems like GPA's losing a few members recently. Can we please see a spin-off alliance if it's dissatisfaction with the government rather than losing players in cn.

Since I have been thinking about this since early 2014, this has nothing to do with recent events, or with dissatisfaction with anything. Certainly not with the (wonderful) GPA government.

tl;dr but are you quitting CN because on o ya baby's nation, it says: Your time is coming soon, Jerdge....

and you just know you're gonna get destroyed?

Yeah, "unstoppable", what pixel hugger could compete with their nation? Everything must be about them.

(I am not sure that your joke deserves a serious answer, but here it is: oya going rogue on a GPA nation has the potential of his friends having to choose between leaving him be slowly ground down by nuke turrets, or escalating a conflict with the GPA in a phase in which it would not be exactly convenient for them to do so. Then again results could be different and oya could actually follow through with his threats anyway - politically speaking he has always been dumb and out of control.
All of that said, if I stayed my position would be very comfortable: if oya is a real threat, baiting would be the best strategy. If it's not, I'd have just nothing to do (and to waste my time over). Win-win. But IMO oya would end up with always having other/better things to do than attacking my nation, and i base my opinion on literally years of people - oya included - making threats and never showing up.
I could elaborate on this and explain you why it's actually almost always inconvenient and futile to mess with a connected neutral that stopped caring for pixels years ago, but I have the sensation that ending it here is also good. This discussion is academic and ultimately pointless: I am leaving and we won't know what would have happened.)

That's a lot of kitties.

99 if I counted them right. It wasn't planned, but it gives the idea that I owe a lot to a lot of people, and any enumeration will lack some. Talking of which:

My ego always feels left out in things like this, then again I'm just a noob.

Bye (and thanks) to you too! :)

Literally shook my head so hard my neck hurts.

Too much effort. ;)

If you are bored with CN, why not join an alliance that is involved in politics?

It'll be a shame to see you go.

Thank you. :)

I must have been unclear as the notion of boredom showed up in posts and PMs. I am not bored by CN, I an not interested anymore, at least not enough to actually keep playing it.
If I was interested I would have plenty to do in the GPA, with challenging stuff, drama, etc.
Only, I prefer to spend my time on something else.

[hr]
I'll try to reply to everyone, a few at a time. I will be doing this on my phone while commuting, mostly, thus please be gentle and understand if I am slow or my posts aren't of max quality. Thank you. :)

Farewell Jerge, sincerely one of the core group of people from all sides of Bob who contributed on a regular basis.  I will miss baiting you at every possible turn, you were always gracious in return.

Stay classy and remember to never ever ever look back.

At least rogue someone on your way out.

Stupid neutral.

Also good bye :( 

Ah ah.

Well I never liked clichés, and the quitting rogue role always looked a bit dumb (and petty) to me.

I will miss your posts/threads, you're one of the better assets this game has. :)

Unacceptable.

Obligatory "join *insert alliance here*".

Thanks for showing up. Do you still remember this? :D

have fun in RL jerdge! Though I do agree with others in that you should join an alliance and get more involved in CN than less. :P But yeah, take care and come back.

Heh, the GPA would offer a lot to do, the point isn't that I am bored because of neutrality: I am uninterested because this game is exhausted to me.

I'll make sure to have fun IRL, instead.

(BTW let me tell you that I always enjoyed reading your debates with people... until a certain point. I usually gave up reading before you gave up posting... ;) )

jerdge!

Why!; as others have said, why don't you try a different, more warmongering alliance?

It will be a great loss to see you go :(

Besides what I have already posted and also what I told you privately, "warmongering" really doesn't appeal me. I don't want to dismiss CN's war system entirely - Kevin put a lot of work into it, after all - but I can't hide that I personally never found much fun into it. Politics are (were) much more fun.

Listen not to plaintive mewings

The oh so subtle pursuings

Is a time you know

When you have to go

And leave behind all these doings

Happy trails jerdge.

Thank you. Quality post as usual: I wish I was able to reply in kind but it's better that I don't try it... It would be Vogon poetry! :)

i'm sad to see you go. best of luck in RL

Thanks you too! I am a lucky person and I am confident about my life, but good wishes can't do harm.

Jerdge... what are you doing?  I won't patronise you and tell you what to do to reignite your interest.  I get where you're coming from - I've felt somewhat similar recently - and I hope you can regain some semblance of enthusiasm for the game at some point in the future, and you not deleting does afford me some hope on that front.  All of that said, it's disappointing for the game to lose one of the very few neutrals who's contributed like you have down the years.

Whatever you do, I wish you all the best.

Thanks. For years I have been thinking that you were underrated, I was happy when I saw that you had finally achieved the notoriety that you deserved. Your style is gold. :D

As for not deleting, yes, who knows, maybe one day I'll be back - don't hold your breath for it, though!

Edited by jerdge

Kids these days, no staying power. Why if everyone that could see no more joy or fun in CN were to simply up and leave, where would we all be?

So listen here, master jerdge. Sit back down, thats more than enough of your tomfoolery for today. Not one more whimper out of you. Ennui indeed.

And the rest of you, you ought to know better than to encourage such behaviour.

I'll miss ya :)

Never agreed with you Post-MHA, and didn't agree with you much before -- but a solid addition to this community and hope everything is well for you in the other realm!

Here's a pan galactic gargle blaster, and remember to always keep your towel handy.

:D

Eh eh, that's a very accurate description of our relationship! :D
We surely had our spats, and heavens know that at times I would have gladly strangled you (just a bit, and I assume that the reciprocal is also true), but I am glad that we kept it civil and respectful - more or less, cough cough - even when it got heated. (Also: you've always been wrong! :P )

PS My towel is always ready. ;)

Good luck, jerdge.

Thanks. :) I think I'll remember about you.

You have 1.1 mil casualties in 9 years, what a waste of time.

You can keep your goals, I had mine which (thanks heaven) didn't involve entangling myself with the part of the game mechanics that I liked the least.

Aye, a shame to see you go. But then again, all things must come to an end. It is a sign of the times.

Good luck to you out there.

And to you know who, I'm coming for you. Soon. FAIL will ride one last time, into a glorious sunset.

You've always been insuperable in unpredictable provocations. Now that I am on my way out I can confess that you've always been my favourite benchmark in that (BTW it's marvelous how few people have the remotest clue about how to deal with your tirades).
Thanks for your kind wishes. :)

Bye jerdge!

Bye. You've always been the Nicest Poster in my book.

haha lol!

haha lol!

Edited by jerdge

Eh eh, thaYou've always been insuperable in unpredictable provocations. Now that I am on my way out I can confess that you've always been my favourite benchmark in that (BTW it's marvelous how few people have the remotest clue about how to deal with your tirades).

Thanks for your kind wishes. :)

What tirades? I have never been nothing if not reasonable. Why would you say such a thing after I have expressed such a kindness toward you? If you have any honor at all you will delay your departure until I am in a range where I will be capable of answering this insult.

What tirades? I have never been nothing if not reasonable. Why would you say such a thing after I have expressed such a kindness toward you? If you have any honor at all you will delay your departure until I am in a range where I will be capable of answering this insult.

Only a few would have been able to reply with such a level of irony. :)
Or: I see what you did there.

I tip my hat to you good Sir, indeed there is and there can only be one Rebel Virginia.
o7